Ashish Nehra Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Real Name||Ashish Diwan Singh Nehra|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Fast-medium bowler)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|International Debut||Test- 24 February 1999 vs Sri Lanka in Colombo
ODI- 24 June 2001 vs Zimbabwe in Harare
T20- 9 December 2009 vs Sri Lanka in Nagpur
|Jersey Number||#64 (India)
#64 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||Mumbai Indians, Delhi Daredevils, Delhi, Asia XI, India, Pune Warriors, Chennai Super Kings, North Zone, Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|Nature on field||Aggressive
|Likes to play against||Pakistan
|Favourite Ball||Out Swinger|
|Records (main ones)||• Record for the best bowling figures by an Indian in World Cup, as he took 6 for 23 against England in Durban in World Cup 2003.
• Only Indian to take 6 wickets twice in ODI's, against England in World Cup 2003 and against Sri Lanka in Colombo.
|Career Turning Point||Tour to Zimbabwe in 2001|
|Date of Birth||29 April 1979|
|Age (as in 2017)||38 Years|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|School||Salwan Public School, Delhi|
|College||Rajdhani College, New Delhi|
|Family||Father- Diwan Singh Nehra
Mother- Sumitra Nehra
Brother- Bhanu Nehra (Restaurateur)
|Hobbies||Listening to music|
|Controversies||• In 2001, during a Test match between India and Zimbabwe at Bulawayo he was warned twice for running on the pitch and then banned from bowling further, and was the first Indian bowler that was been banned from bowling.
• In 2010, during the World Twenty20 Championship, he along with 5 five other Indian cricketers were involved in a pub brawl.
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag
Bowler: Wasim Akram
|Favourite Food||Chicken, Chinese and Thai food|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Children||Daughter- Ariana Nehra
Son- Aarush Nehra
|Net Worth||INR 0.7 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ashish Nehra
- Does Ashish Nehra smoke?: No
- Does Ashish Nehra drink alcohol?: Yes
- In his early cricketing days, he used to sit behind Virender Sehwag’s scooter to play cricket at the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium, Delhi.
- In 2003, Virat Kohli‘s coach Raj Kumar Sharma had invited him to his academy, where he awarded young Kohli as he was the highest run-scorer for Delhi in the 2002-2003 Polly Umrigar Trophy.
- Nehra is denoted as the “Comeback Man” of Indian cricket for his selections in Indian team after injuries.
- Neither he uses a smartphone nor he is active on social networking sites.
- He is called “Mr.Glass” as he kept on getting bone injuries throughout his career.
- He considers former Pakistani bowler Wasim Akram as his inspiration.
- The fastest ball that he ever bowled was 149.7 km/h in 2003 World Cup, South Africa.
- Sourav Ganguly used to call him of “Popat” (Parrot) as he was very talkative.
- Once it was caught on the camera when he abused the newcomer MS Dhoni after he dropped the catch of Shahid Afridi.
- He has played for as many as 5 different IPL franchises – Mumbai Indians, Delhi Daredevils, Pune Warriors India, Chennai Super Kings, and Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- In October 2017, he had a candid interview with Gaurav Kapur, which trended a lot.
- On 1 November 2017, he played his final international match for India against New Zealand in the 1st T20 match at his home ground Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi.
- On the occasion of his final international match, the Delhi District Cricket Association (DDCA) named the first tier in the centre of the “Ambedkar Stadium Stand” to “Ashish Nehra End.”
- He was wicket-less in his final international match.