Asish Mohapatra Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Ruchi Kalra
Age: 42 Years
|Known For||Being a part of India's first couple, who raised their respective start-ups into unicorns.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1980 Facebook|
|Age (as of 2022)||42 Years|
|School||• SCB Medical Public School, Cuttack (ICSE, 10th)
• Ravenshaw College, Cuttack (10+2)
|College/University||• Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
• Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
|Educational Qualification||• B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
• MBA from the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad LinkedIn
|Hobbies||• indulging in sporting records
• maintaining collections
• creative writing Crunchbase
|Relationships & More|
Daughter- Khushi Mohapatra
|Parents||Father- Name not known
Mother- Mishra Kuku (was an IIT graduate, Physics teacher in a college)
Sister- Snigdha Mohapatra
|Quote||When the going is tough, the tough get going!|
|Sportsperson||Lin Dan (Chinese professional badminton player)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Asish Mohapatra
- Asish Mohapatra is an Indian entrepreneur, who is the co-founder of two unicorn startups in India.
- He began his career in March 2002, when he grabbed a job as a Maintenance Manager, and subsequently an Operations Manager at ITC Ltd. after completing his B. Tech at IIT Kharagpur. While at ITC, he managed a team of a thousand people in the company.
- He left ITC in 2005 to pursue MBA. Post earning his master’s degree, he landed a job at McKinsey & Company. He took particular interest in the healthcare sector and spent a long duration at McKinsey serving MNCs and domestic Indian companies in pharmaceuticals, medical equipments, and pharma support services.
- He met his wife, Ruchi Kalra, during his time at McKinsey & Company.
- In 2010, Asish started working at Matrix Management Corporation as a senior associate. He was a board member of 7 companies in healthcare and 9 portfolio companies.
- Around 5 years later, at the end of 2015, Asish left Matrix and found a startup called OFB Tech Pvt. Ltd or OfBusiness, which serves as a single-window for SMEs to get secured and unsecured credit.
- Six years later, in July 2021, Asish’s OfBusiness turned unicorn after the Japanese multinational conglomerate, SoftBank Group Corp. had backed the company. It closed a $160 million funding round at a valuation of around $1.5 billion.
- Asish was licensed as an Independent Director by the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs in November 2020. LinkedIn
- The first company Asish was appointed as director was Meditrina Hospitals Pvt. Ltd.
- He is the director of various companies such as Oagriva Alliance Private Limited, Oxyzo Financial Services Private Limited, Ofb Tech Private Limited, Ofg Manufacturing Businesses Private Limited and is a nominee director of Omat Business Private Limited and Samruddhi Organic Farm (India) Private Limited.
- In 2016, Asish, his wife, and a few other loyal members of their team started an offshoot of Asish’s previous startup called Oxyzo, which provides purchase financing to SMEs. Oxyzo also became a unicorn a year after OfBusiness in 2022.
- Asish enjoys writing blogs and is fluent in Bengali, Hindi, English, and Oriya.