|Full Name||Ali Mohammad Zafar
|Nickname||Prince of Pop|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Painter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 inches
- Waist: 16 inches
- Biceps: 32 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||18 May 1980|
|Age (as in 2017)||37 Years|
|Birth Place||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|School||C.A.A. Public School, Lahore|
|College||Government College of Lahore, Lahore
National College of Arts, Lahore
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Fine Arts|
|Debut||Film: Tere Bin Laden (2010)
TV: Kollege Jeans (1999)
|Family||Father- Mohammad Zafarullah (Professor)
Mother- Kanwal Ameen (Professor)
Brothers- Danyal Zafar, Zain Zafar
|Address||A 4-bedroom villa in Lahore
|Hobbies||Playing cricket & video games, reading|
|Controversies||• In 2012, after the publishing of Veena Malik's nude photo on FHM cover page, Ali said, "I don't think those who are talented need controversies to boost their career."
• After the Uri terror attack in September 2016, the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) urged its members not to work with Pakistani artists or technicians. During that period, the trailer of Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt starring 'Dear Zindagi' was supposed to get released. But due to the protest against Pakistani actors, Ali was not the part of Shah Rukh Khan's ‘Dear Zindagi’ trailer.
|Favourite Food||Aloo palak, Chicken sizzler, Saag aur makkai ki roti
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar, Al Pacino, Anthony Hopkins|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Films||Veer-Zaara, Guide|
|Favourite Singers/Musicians||Mehdi Hassan, Kishore Kumar, Bade Ghulam Ali, Lata Mangeshkar, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Page, Jeff Buckley, Sting, Abida Parveen, Roger Waters|
|Favourite Musical Instrument||Sarangi|
|Favourite Songs||"Hey You" by Floyd", Quit Playing Games With My Heart" by Backstreet Boys, "My Way" by Frank Sinatra|
|Favourite Writers||Ghalib, Mir Dard, Faiz, Iqbal|
|Favourite Cricketers||Batsman: Viv Richards, Sachin Tendulkar
Bowler: Wasim Akram, Imran Khan
|Favourite Books||A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif, Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis and Larry Sloman, Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Ayesha Fazli (m. 2009-present)
|Marriage Date||28 July 2009
|Children||Son- Azaan Zafar (born in 2010)
Daughter- Alyza Zafar (born in 2015)
|Salary||1-2 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$16 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ali Zafar
- Does Ali Zafar smoke?: No
- Does Ali Zafar drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ali was born into a disciplined family of professors.
- Since his childhood, he had an artistic touch as he enjoyed painting and made his first comics at the age of 8.
- His parents wanted him to have a career in the civil services, but when he convinced his parents for his passion for music and strong disliking for the government jobs, they supported him to fulfill his dreams.
- During his college days, he had a successful stint in Pakistani TV shows, such as – ‘Kollege Jeans’, ‘Kanch Ke Par’, and ‘Landa Bazar.’
- In 2002, after completing his graduation, he started his career as a ‘scratch artist’ at Pearl Continental Hotel in Lahore, where he and used make portraits in just 20 minutes.
- Later he worked on the song “Channo” which was released in 2003, that made him an overnight star in Pakistan.
- His song “Dekha” was featured in the 2006 Hollywood flick ‘Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps’, as a soundtrack which made him the fourth ever Pakistani singer who song got featured in a Hollywood film.
- He was offered the role of “Sarmad” in the film ‘Khuda Kay Liye’ (2007) but he rejected it due to some personal reasons, which later went to Fawad Khan.
- He met his wife Ayesha Fazli when she came to get a portrait of herself in the lobby of a hotel.
- In 2008, he and his fiancé, Aisha, were kidnapped at gunpoint when they were out for a dinner but were released after his family paid PKR 2.5 million as ransom to the kidnappers.
- He reached new heights after he made his Bollywood debut with ‘Tere Bin Laden’ (2010), after which he received around 40 film offers.
- He is the first ever Pakistani actor to get nominated in any Bollywood award.
- He is so committed to his wife that he follows ‘no-kissing’ clause, by which he avoids any kind of intimate scene in films. For this reason, he used a body double for a kissing scene with Aditi Rao Hydari in the film ‘London, Paris, New York’ (2012).
- In 2013, he was listed as the ‘Sexiest Asian Man On The Planet’ by the Eastern Eye, a British weekly newspaper.
- He is a distant relative of Aamir Khan as his wife, Ayesha’s father has a cousin whose mother is the cousin of Aamir Khan’s mother, Zeenat Hussain.
- He used to be homophobic, a person having a strong dislike of homosexual people. But, after getting educated about this topic, he started respecting everyone’s sexual orientation.
- He is known for his professionalism, punctuality, discipline.
- He is an avid reader.