|Profession(s)||Theatre Artist and TV & Film Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (Dyed Black)|
|Date of Birth||31 December|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|School(s)||• Bal Shiksha Niketan in Qaiserbagh, Lucknow
• Queens Anglo Sanskrit Inter College, Lucknow
|College/University||• University of Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
• University of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (1983)
• Bharatendu Academy of Dramatic Arts Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh Facebook- Atul Srivastava The Times of India
|Educational Qualification||Training in acting from Bharatendu Academy of Dramatic Arts Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||25 May|
|Wife/Spouse||Suchitra Srivastava (owns an art and craft studio named Pink Sun Studio)
|Children||Son- Akshat Srivastava (film director, editor, and writer at the YouTube channel 'The Viral Fever')
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (scientist)
Mother- Name Not Known
• Sanjay Srivastava
• Prafull Srivastava (film editor; died of COVID-19 in 2021)
• Mayank Srivastava (choreographer; died of COVID-19 in 2021)
Sister- He has one sister.
|Street Food||Paani Ke Batashe, Chaat|
|Eating Place||Sharma Chaat in Hazratganj|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Atul Srivastava
- Atul Srivastava is a veteran Indian actor. He is famous for playing supporting roles in various Hindi TV serials and films.
- One of his uncles BN Srivastava was an actor. Atul used to visit his uncle more often while he was a teenager, to learn the basics of acting.
- He then started performing as an actor in radio plays and theatre plays. He has also worked as a theatre play director.
- Atul has acted in more than a hundred TV shows such as ‘Tea Time Manoranjan’ (1994), ‘Kash-m-kash’ (1995), ‘Sorry Meri Lorry’ (1995), and ‘Gudgudee’ (1998).
- Apart from TV shows, he is well known for playing supporting roles in many Hindi films such as ‘Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.’ (2003), ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ (2015), ‘Stree’ (2018), ‘Batti Gul Meter Chalu’ (2018), and ‘The Kashmir Files’ (2022).
- He has also featured in a few TV commercials and YouTube videos.
- Apart from acting, he is working at IFTI, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, as an assistant professor in the Humanities Department (visiting faculty).
- In his leisure time, he loves to read books and play the tabla.
- During an interview, while talking about his training in acting at the Bharatendu Academy of Dramatic Arts Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, he said,
I am a student of Prof Raj Bisaria and what I have learnt from him has been invaluable. We were some of the lucky ones that in our time, in 1984-85, we had the best teachers. We used to have guests lecturers from the National School of Drama, Delhi come and take lessons. So BNA ka bahut bada haath hai meri kala ko nikharne mein. People think that acting is an inborn talent, true, but an institute hones that skill and teaches you how to use it. That’s what BNA did to me.”
- In an interview, while sharing his childhood memories, he said,
Those were such carefree days. Sharma Chaat in Hazratganj was my favourite eatery. I used to love his paani ke batashe. Aaj bhi agar mein Lucknow aata hoon toh wahan ki chaat zaroor khata hoon. Phir Hanuman Setu mera chakkar zaroor lagta tha. I was always a movie-buff. Once I went to Hanuman Setu and told Hanumanji ki aaj agar picture nahi dikhayi toh kal se darshan karne nahi aaunga.”
And seriously, my friend and I went and stood outside Gulab cinema and there someone came and tapped on my shoulder and said ‘yeh lo ticket’. I told him that I don’t have money to pay for it so he said ‘free mein jao picture dekho’. Bas phir toh main roz mandir jaane laga. Once we went to the swimming pool and there was my friend Ram, who used to study in La Martiniere, who said ki aaj picture dekhne ka mann ho raha hai. And believe me, while swimming, we saw a 10 rupees note lying near the swimming pool. Bas phir kya tha, we went straight to watch a film. Toh aisi yaadein hain Lucknow ki.”