|Full Name||Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari Bakhtawar Instagram|
|Profession(s)||Educationist, philanthropist & social worker|
|Famous for||Being the eldest daughter of the first female Prime Minister of Pakistan, Benazir Bhutto|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||25 January 1990 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||31 Years|
|College/University||The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Educational Qualification||MA (Hons.) in English Literature PressReader|
|Hobbies||Boxing & Rapping|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||29 January 2021 (Friday)
|Engagement date||27 November 2020 (Friday)|
|Husband||Mahmood Chaudhry (Businessman)
|Parents||Father- Asif Ali Zardari (Pakistani Politician)
Mother- Late Benazir Bhutto Zardari (Former PM of Pakistan)
|Siblings||Brother- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari (politician)
Sister- Asifa Bhutto Zardari
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bakhtawar Bhutto
- The eldest daughter of Pakistan’s first female PM Benazir Bhutto, Bakhtawar Bhutto is an education enthusiast and the chairperson of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST), a private institute founded by her mother in 1995. The institute is recognised for providing global standard education in Pakistan.
- She has played a vital role in the establishment of Stem Cell Research Laboratory at Karachi campus.
- In 2017, she condemned the amendment made to an existing law that bans people from eating publicly during Ramadan, a month observed by all Muslims as a month of fasting. The amendment says ‘Anyone violating the law would be imprisoned.’ Bhutto deemed it ridiculous and said,
Not everyone in Pakistan can fast- Children in School, elderly people or people with medical issues. Should we arrest them for drinking water’? She added, ‘People are going to die from heatstroke and dehydration with this ridiculous law. Not everyone is able. This is not Islam.”
- Bhutto describes herself as an occasional rapper in her Instagram bio.
- On 27 November 2020, Bakhtawar Bhutto got engaged with Mahmood Chaudhry, a Dubai-based diversified businessman of real estate, tech, and finance. The couple is expected to tie the nuptial knot in January 2021.
- Many prominent personalities of Pakistan belonging to various fraternities came to attend her engagement ceremony; however, her father, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, did not attend the event as he had contracted the COVID-19 a few days prior to the function.
- Reportedly, Bakhtawar’s husband-to-be, Mahood Chaudhry, belongs to Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, a religious minority in Pakistan. Since the news of her engagement with Mahood Chaudhry came to light, people of Pakistan belonging to other Muslim communities were seen criticising Bakhtawar Bhutto for choosing Mahmood as her life partner. Some critics also cited the Pakistan government’s decision in 1974, during Benazir Bhutto’s regime, which declared the Ahmadis as non-Muslims. Refworld