|Real Name||O. Panneerselvam|
|Party||(All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK))|
|Political Journey||1996: Became the chairman of Periyakulam Municipality from 1996 to 2001.
2001: Sworn in as the 13th Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu till 2002.
2006: Was the Leader of the Opposition.
2014: Sworn in as the 17th Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu till mid-2015.
2016: Sworn in as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu after the demise of Jayalalithaa.
6 February 2017: Tended his resignation to the Governor of Tamil Nadu.
14 February 2017: He was expelled from the AIADMK by party General Secretary V.K. Sasikala.
21 August 2017: In a merger of AIADMK, he collaborated with Edappadi K Palanisamy and became the Deputy Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 74 kg
in Pounds- 163 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||14 January 1951|
|Age (as in 2017)||66 Years|
|Birth Place||Periyakulam, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Periyakulam, Tamil Nadu, India|
|College||Haji Karutha Ravuthar Kavuthiya Arts College, Uthamapalayam|
|Educational Qualifications||B.A. in Economics (dropout)|
|Debut||Became the chairman of Periyakulam Municipality (1996)|
|Family||Father- Ottakkara Thevar
Mother- Palaniammal Naachiar
Brother- O Raja
Sister- Not Known
|Caste||Maravar ( a sub-caste of Thevars)|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Net Worth||8.6 lakh (INR)|
- Does O. Panneerselvam smoke?: Not Known
- Does O. Panneerselvam drink alcohol?: Not Known
- O. Panneerselvam belongs to the Thevar community, was born to a poor farmer, known for his modesty.
- He along with his friend Vijayan, started a tea stall called PV Canteen (now named Rosie Canteen), in the 1970s.
- In the 1980s, he handed over his canteen to his younger brother and entered politics in 1996.
- Initially, he became the chairperson of the Periyakulam municipality in Theni district.
- On 29 September 2014, he was sworn in as the 17th Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu when Jayalalitha was convicted in the disproportionate assets case. And on 22 May 2015, he resigned as Chief Minister and Jayalalithaa was sworn in again.
- In 2016, after the demise of Jayalalithaa, he was sworn in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu at around 1.15 am by Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao at the Raj Bhavan, Chennai.
- On 5 February 2017, he stepped down from the post of Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for the third time, after AIADMK MLAs elected party chief V K Sasikala as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)