|Profession(s)||Actor and TV Producer|
|Famous Role||Mrs. Wagle in ‘Wagle ki Duniya’ (1988) that aired on DD National
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Debut||Musical Theatre Play: Dhanya Te Gayani Kala as Tansen’s daughter
Film: Apne Paraye (1980) as Naintara
|Date of Birth||15 October 1957 (Tuesday) IMDb|
|Age (as of 2020)||63 Years|
|School||Hujurpaga School, Pune|
|College/University||SNDT College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Hindustani Classical Music Grih Shobha Bhharati Blogspot|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Name Not Known (Passed away in 1984)
|Children||She has one son.|
|Parents||Father- Late Amar Varma (Hindi-Urdu writer and poet)
Mother- Late Manik Varma (Padam Shri awardee Indian classical singer)
• Rani Varma (singer)
• Aruna Jayprakash
• Vandana Gupte (actress)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bharati Achrekar
- Bharati Achrekar is an Indian theatre, film, and television actress.
- She started her career as a theatre artist at the age of 17. She has performed with many renowned Indian theatre artists in various Marathi theatre plays.
- She has appeared in many Hindi TV serials like ‘Aa Bail Muje Maar’ (1987), ‘Kachchi Dhoop’ (1987), ‘Wagle ki Duniya’ (1988), ‘Sumit Sambhal Lega’ (2015), and ‘Wagle Ki Duniya– Nayi Peedhi Naye Kissey’ (2021).
- Bharati has acted in various Hindi films including ‘Apne Paraye’ (1980), ‘Sanjog’ (1985), ‘Chameli Ki Shaadi’ (1986), ‘Eshwar’ (1989), and ‘Coolie No. 1’ (2020).
- In 2013, she lent her voice for the Hindi film ‘The Lunchbox’ (2013) as Mrs. Deshpande (Ila’s neighbour).
- She has also acted in the English films ‘Little John’ (2001) and ‘Flavors’ (2003).
- Some of her Marathi films are ‘Divasen Divas’ (2006), ‘Saatchya Aat Gharat’ (2004), ‘Valu’ (2008), and ‘FU: Friendship Unlimited’ (2017).
- During an interview, while talking about her career as a TV producer, she said,
I was the first person in 1972 to join TV as a producer. I did several cultural shows and every time some artiste passed away I would be called to put together an obituary celebrating the life and time of that artiste. It was a very exciting time but at the end of it was a Government job and there were many limitations. I had once again started to get acting offers and I decided to quit the job. “
- In her leisure time, she loves cooking, travelling, and watching TV serials.
- She is a trained singer and has performed in the musical theatre play ‘Gaa Re Maa.’
- In an interview, she talked about the biggest strength in her life, she said,
My parents were my major driving force for the freedom they gave us. They allowed us to bloom. My mother though was the wind beneath my wings. My biggest regret and hers as well, was the fact that I didn’t become a singer. I was a natural singer and my mother was very keen that I follow her footsteps. In fact the last thing she said to me when she died was that she deeply regretted the fact that I didn’t take to singing.”
- She has featured in many TV commercials including Okra Parachute Cooking Oil, Monaco, Nirma washing powder, and Reliance life insurance policy.