Wife: Madhu Srivastav
Age: 71 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aanjjan Srivastav
- Does Aanjjan Srivastav smoke?: Not Known
- Does Aanjjan Srivastav drink alcohol?: Yes
- Aanjjan Srivastav is a popular Bollywood actor.
- He has also worked in radio, theatres, and regional movies.
- He hails from Uttar Pradesh but born and brought up in Calcutta (Kolkata).
- His father used to work in Allahabad Bank, Calcutta, he never wanted Aanjjan to join the film industry.
- Aanjjan did B.Com. and LLB from Calcutta University. His father made him join Allahabad Bank, as a clerk. But, he always wanted to become an actor. He got a chance to work in AIR, Calcutta. So, he did LLB, worked as a banker, and did theatre simultaneously.
- He worked with ‘Sangeet Kala Mandir’ for 10 years. His mother always supported him to join the entertainment industry.
- After the death of his sister, in 1976, his father allowed him to go to Bombay (Mumbai) to try his luck in Bollywood. His father, gave him three months to make his career there in Mumbai, but he failed to get some good work.
- He waited for almost 6 months to get a transfer letter from Allahabad Bank in Calcutta to its branch in Mumbai. So, it was very difficult for him to survive without money in Mumbai.
- Soon after his arrival in Mumbai, he joined the ‘Indian People’s Theatre Association (IPTA),’ and later, became its Vice-President. He also went on to become a part of the prestigious Prithvi Theatre.
- He is married to Madhu Srivastav, and they have three children: twins (a girl and a boy) and one more girl.
- In 1979, he made his debut in the Bollywood with the movie ‘Gol Maal’. In 1988, he acted in the famous TV serial ‘Wagle Ki Duniya,’ which is considered to be the best role in his career.
- In 1991, he did a Hollywood movie ‘Mississippi Masala’, and his role in the movie was well appreciated.
- In 1994, he worked in the movie ‘Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa’.
- He retired from the bank in 2001, and he believes that the bank has always supported him for the smooth working of his career as an actor.
- He has been working in Bollywood movies, Theatres and TV industry. His contribution to the entertainment industry is remarkable.