|Real Name||Jitendra Joshi|
|Nickname(s)||Jitu Dada, Jitya|
|Profession(s)||Marathi Theater Artist, Actor, Host, Writer|
|Famous Role||Playing 'Constable Katekar' in the Netflix 'Sacred Games'
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 185 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Pran Jaye Par Shaan Na Jaye (2003)
TV (Actor): Hasa Chakatafu
|Date of Birth||27 January 1978|
|Age (as in 2018)||40 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|College/University||• Vidya Prasarak Mandal's Polytechnic, Thane
• D.Y. Patil Arts, Commerce & Science College, Pune
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Diploma In Polytechnic from Vidya Prasarak Mandal's Polytechnic, Thane
• Masters of Engineering Management
|Hobbies||Writing Poems, Reading, Watching Movies, Listening to Music, Photography|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||September 1, 2009|
Daughter- Reva Joshi
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Shakuntala Joshi
|Favourite Director(s)||Vikramaditya Motwane, Anurag Kashyap|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Dilip Kumar, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Subodh Bhave, Lokesh Vijay Gupte|
|Favourite Food(s)||Shami Kebab, Chicken Biryani|
|Favourite Destination(s)||New York, London|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jitendra Joshi
- Does Jitendra Joshi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jitendra Joshi drink alcohol?: Yes
- Jitendra was born into an economically backward family. His journey started as a newspaper distributor, and he went on to work as an electrician (in his teenage), writer; eventually, becoming an actor.
- He is a recognized Marathi theatre artist and has done plays like ‘Hum To Tere Aashiq Hain’, ‘Prem Naam Hai Mera… Prem Chopra’, ‘Don Special’, ‘Chhel Chhabilo Gujarati’, etc.
- Once Jitendra was performing a play when the Marathi actor, Mohan Wagh, noticed him, he was so impressed by his acting that he offered Shinde to work with him in his play, Three Cheers. That’s how Jitendra landed in Mumbai.
- He is known for essaying different characters including that of a hero, villain, and comedian in many films.
- He has penned down the famous song “Kombdi Palali,” which was composed by Ajay Atul. It might take few by surprise that the famous item song, ‘Chikani Chameli’ was inspired by the tune of this song.
- His role as Krishna in the Marathi serial, Hasa Chakatafu got him established as an actor in the industry.
- He has worked in many critically and commercially acclaimed movies like ‘Tukaram’ (2012) and was seen in the pivotal role in the film opposite to Radhika Apte.
- He hosted a Marathi-based talent reality show, ‘Marathi Paul Padte Pudhe’ in 2011.
- His command over the comedy genre is widely liked by the audiences; especially in his film, ‘Guldasta (2011).’
- In 2013, he was seen playing the role of a villain as ‘Sai,’ in the film ‘Duniyadari.’
- In 2016, he played the protagonist in the film ‘Ventilator,’ produced by Priyanka Chopra. He recieved tremendous appreciation for his role in the film.
- He was seen playing the role of ‘Constable Katekar’ in the Netflix “Sacred Games,” starring Saif Ali Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and Radhika Apte in the pivotal roles.
- His character of constable Katekar in the Netflix, ‘Sacred Games’, was widely loved by the viewers across the nation and when his character died in the show, director Vikramaditya Motwane was so sad about his character’s departure that he said that he would bring back ‘Katekar’ in the 2nd season of Sacred Games.
- After the immense popularity of his character in the show, Sacred Games, the social media was flooded with memes on Sartaj and Katekar’s relationship.
- His other notable movies are The Attacks of 26/11 (20), Singham Returns (2014), Poster Boys (2017), etc.
- Check out the conversation between Rajeev Masand and the cast of Sacred Games.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)