|Real Name||Neeraj Kabi|
|Profession(s)||Film and Theatre Actor, Theatre Director, Acting Coach, Corporate Trainer, Workshop Conductor for Children|
|Famous Role||'DCP Parulkar' in the Netflix 'Sacred Games'|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6’
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 36 inches
- Waist: 34 inches
- Biceps: 13 inches
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||12 March 1968|
|Age (as in 2018)||50 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|School||Loyola School, Jamshedpur|
|College/University||Symbiosis College, Pune|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Computer Science|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Shesha Drushti (1997)
TV (Actor): Samvidhaan (2014)
TV (Theatre Artist): Macbeth (1998)
|Hobbies||Singing, Dancing, Teaching, Doing Yoga, Travelling|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2013: Best Actor at the Cinematic Excellence at the 4th Jagran Film Festival
2014: Best Actor at the 4th Sakhalin International Film Festival, Russia for Ship of Theseus
2015: Newsmakers Achievers' Award for Best Actor for his contribution to the Indian theatre and cinema
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Deepali Kosta (Fashion Designer)
Daughter- Saptakshi Kabi
|Parents||Father- Tushar Kabi
Mother- Zarin Kabi
|Favourite Director(s)||Imtiaz Ali, Abhishek Kapoor, Zoya Akhtar, Vishal Bhardwaj|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Manoj Bajpai, Rajkummar Rao, Irrfan Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Farhan Akhtar, Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Film||Aligarh (2016)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹34 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neeraj Kabi
- He was fascinated towards films since his childhood, but he never wanted to become an actor until he started acting in his college plays.
- He fell in love with Deepika Kosta (Now, his wife) whom he met in college.
- In 1990, he was rejected by the National School of Drama and then, he became a self-taught actor.
- He had to face many rejections when he entered the industry and sold books door to door for years and even gave tuitions to earn his daily bread. On being asked about his struggle in Bollywood, he stated that
“Just nothing worked. Nobody called me. It went on and on, endlessly, relentlessly… I’ve [taken up jobs such as] production work, AD, spot boy, all kinds of things. I was the junior copywriter in certain ad agencies. I used to sell books from door to door for many, many years. I gave tuitions, home to home, all over the city. All kinds of tuitions: elocution, speech, mathematics, English. And that’s where I learned a very important thing in my life: humility. My ego got crushed because I was pulped to the ground by everything that was happening to me. You never [imagine] that doors would be slammed on your face, you will be abused, you will be pushed, you will be kicked, so many things will happen to you. And, not for one year, two years, but for ten, 15, 18 long years. That’s where the survival issue came in, and I started to teach [acting]. Because when you get so abused all the time, you lose faith in yourself. And, you think, ‘If you don’t get out now, you’ll fall sick.’ Because you can’t take it every single day of your life.”
- He is the artistic director and founder of “Pravah Theatre Laboratory,” established by him in 1996.
- He has been organizing theatre workshops for animators, actors, schools, colleges, corporates, young, teachers, adults, and parents.
- Initially, he started with theatre plays and has a dozen plays like: Shakespeare (as Banquo), Moliere (as Sganarelle), Tom Stoppard (as Hamlet), Marivaux (as Harlequin), Ibsen (as Tesman), Oscar Wilde (as King Herod), Chekov (as Gurov & Chekov), and Margurite Duras (as Peter Morgan).
- Neeraj started his career in the film industry with a National Award winning debut film ‘Shesha Drushti (The Last Vision).’
- He learned various dance forms and martial arts; thinking that it would help him as an actor.
- He made a blockbuster comeback with his film “Ship of Theseus” in the lead role, playing an Indian monk in one of the three stories in the film for which he lost 18 Kgs weight. The movie won many international and national awards including the National Film Award for Best Feature Film of the year.
- Neeraj’s performance gained a tremendous public appreciation and was nominated for many awards for the same.
- In the Rajya Sabha TV series “Samvidhaan: The Making of the Constitution of India (2014),” directed by Shyam Benegal, he essayed the role of Mahatma Gandhi in the series.
- He is credited for playing a crucial role in the English feature film, “Gandhi of the month (2014),” opposite Harvey Keitel.
- In 2015, he was seen playing the role of Shruti’s father Ramesh Tandon in the film “Talvar,” and was nominated again for his performance in the film.
- Neeraj is widely known for his international films. In 2016, he appeared in an International film “Viceroy’s House” which had an international cast.
- He has the following films to his credits: Once Again, In the Shadows, Tabeer, etc.
- He has worked with Naseeruddin Shah in an international film “The Hungry, (2017).“
- He was seen playing the role of ‘DCP Parulkar’ in the Netflix “Sacred Games,” starring Saif Ali Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and Radhika Apte in the pivotal roles.
- In 2018, He starred in another international film “The Field,” along with Ronit Roy, Abhay Deol, and Brendan Frase is directed by Rohit Karn Batra.
- He appeared in Rani Mukerji starring film “Hichki (2018).”