|Famous Role||Anurag Basu in TV serial 'Kasautii Zindagii Kay'
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Debut||TV: Hasratein (1998) as Yogesh
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Actor – Popular for his role of Anurag Basu in the television drama ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’ (2002)
• Indian Telly Awards for Best Jodi for television drama ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’ (2003)
• Indian Telly Awards for Best TV Personality-Male (2003)
|Date of Birth||28 December 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Barnes School & Junior College, Deolali, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||M.M.K. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Hobbies||Martial Arts, Travelling|
|Controversy||On 7 June 2023, his alleged wife, Aisha Pirani, filed an FIR against him, accusing him of domestic violence. She also accused him of infidelity and extorting money from her. She said,
"He has cheated me and used me for obtaining the US Green Card. I have spent all my money on him. He has lived off of me from 2013-2016. I was working and he was sitting at home. He spent from my credit card and I have proof of all the bills. I had ignored it because I am not a bad woman. I had let it go." NDTV
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Although Aisha Pirani says she is married to Cezanne, he always denied, and in 2021, while talking to the media, he called Pirani an obsessive fan. According to Aisha, although he fraudulently made her sign divorce papers, she was still married to him according to Muslim marriage law. NDTV|
|Wife/Spouse||Aisha Pirani (lives in the US) NDTV|
|Parents||Father- Ustad Rais Khan (Sitarist)
Mother- Tasnim Khan (Interior designer)
|Siblings||Brother- Sohail Khan (Musician)|
|Food||Chicken Tikka, Reshmi Kabab|
|Actor||Sanjeev Kumar, Akshaye Khanna|
|Actress||Kajol, Smriti Irani|
|Song||Tujhe Dekha To Ye Jana Sanam from the film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)|
|Restaurant||No Vacancy, Mumbai|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Cezanne Khan
- Cezanne Khan is a well known Indian television actor. He is best known for his performance of Anurag Basu in the drama series ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay.’ Apart from being a part of India television industry, he has also been part of acted in Pakistani and middle east Asian television series.
- His father, Ustad Rais Khan, was a renowned ‘sitarist’ who was born in India but later settled down in Pakistan.
- After completing his B.Com he was supposed to do MBA from NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies), but out of nowhere, he was offered a film which tempted him to drop the idea of MBA. Unfortunately, the film got shelved.
- He made his acting debut in 1997 with Zee TV’s drama serial ‘Hasratein.’ He played a character named Yogesh in the Ajai Sinha directed drama. He was featured opposite Seema Kapoor, Shefali Chaya, Harsh Chhaya, and Dharmesh Vyas in lead roles.
- Next in 1999, Cezanne got the opportunity to became part of Neena Gupta’s television drama series ‘Pal Chhin.’ He appeared onscreen as Rajesh opposite Manohar Singh, Gurpreet Singh, Arun Govil, Prabha Sinha, and Shilpa Tulaskar.
- One of the biggest highlight of Cezanne Khan’s StarPlus’ family drama series ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay.’ He got the opportunity to play the lead character of Anurag Basu opposite Shweta Tiwari who played his love interest Prerna Sharma Basu. Their duo in the drama series received huge admiration from the audience and both became household names in a very short span of time. This Ekta Kapoor‘s Balaji Telefilms produced drama serial was longest running television show of StarPlus and it had more than fifty sound tracks during its airing from 2001 to 2008. The Kasautii Zindagii Kay actor’s received huge critical acclaims for his acting in the show and earned a number of awards including Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Actor Popular and Indian Telly Awards for Best TV Personality-Male.
- Although, Cezanne and Shweta Tiwari were popular on-screen couples of ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’, but according to the reports they had a constant cold-war and never get along well with each other during the course of the serial. When, during a media interaction, he was asked about would he be willing to work with Shweta Tiwari, his co-star in ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’ considering the fact that there were rumours of the duo not getting along well. He said,
If the offer is interesting, I wouldn’t mind working with shweta tiwari again. A lot depends on the shows.”
- In 2002, Cezanne was seen as Kunwar Sujit Singh in Sony Entertainment Television’s thriller anthology television show ‘Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat’. He played a crucial role in the special series of the drama titled ‘Kab Kyon Kahanalong with Hiten Tejwani, Smriti Irani, Gauri Pradhan, Rajeev Khandelwal, Ashlesha Sawant, Sumeet Sachdev, Shweta Tiwari, and Narayani Shastri.
- Later in 2006, the Kasautii Zindagii Kay fame actor got the opportunity to showcase his acting skills in Pakistani television industry and he made his Pakistani television debut with ARY Digital’s ‘Piya Kay Ghar Jana Hai.’ The drama was also telecasted in India at StarPlus. Following this he became part of a number of Pakistani and middle east drama and almost vanished from the telly scene in India. Denig the fact, he explained,
Actually I am doing shows for middle eastern countries and all my shoots happen in Dubai. These shows have kept me busy for the past four to five years. I fly to Dubai for shoots every three weeks or so and at times shoots go on for six months non-stop.”
- He made a comeback on Indian television in 2009 with Maqbool Khan directed drama series ‘Seeta Aur Geeta.’ The series aired on NDTV Imagine from 25 May 2009 to 25 September 2009. Khan played the character named Ravi in this 260 episodes series.
- Cezanne Khan got the breakthrough of his career as an actor in Pakistan with the Pakistani romantic drama serial ‘Gumrah.’ He got to opportunity to work with actors like Faisal Rehman, Sabreen Hisbani, Komal Aziz Khan, and Hammad Farooqui. In an interview, when asked about his decision to work in Pakistani televison industry, he replied,
Log jaante jaan ne lagte hain aapke kaam ko jab woh sab aapke shows dekhte hain. Fortunately, the first offer came my way during the peace initiative that happened between India and Pakistan. I was never in two minds before I gave a nod to these offers. I was excited by the roles than the countries I had to work for.”
- He hasn’t done any acting course and considers Deepak Qazir, his co-actor from ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’ as his acting guru.
- He fell in love with his girlfriend, Afsheen Khan, after she cooked a delicious biryani for him, after which the actor couldn’t resist proposing to her for a deal of the lifetime. The Kasautii Zindagi Kay recalled how a common friend of them introduced her to him. He said,
The guy who introduced us was all praise for her culinary skills. Now, I have travelled all around the world and have tasted various cuisines, so I didn’t have any expectations. But she stumped a foodie like me with her biryani. Post dinner, I proposed to her and told her I like her and would want to eat the food she makes all my life (laughs!).”
- In an interview, Cezanne Khan opened up about his relationship with his longtime girlfriend, Afsheen, and said,
I did not want to be in a rush to get married. I was looking for someone who is simple, family-oriented and honest. I was also looking for someone with good values and who would respect our relationship. And then I met Afsheen.”
Talking about his marriage plans, he siad,
We have been together for three years now and are happy. Had it not been for the pandemic, we would have been married by now. We plan to tie the knot later this year. Anyway, I feel there is no perfect age to get married.”
- According to the 44-year old actor, he likes to keep his personals life private and not entertain people with his private emotions. Revealing about his choice, he said,
I got offers for reality shows, but I am not comfortable doing them. I will never do one. I prefer soaps. There is no reason why I should disclose my personal life to others, I want it to be my own. I am a very private person.”
- He is a hardcore foodie and enjoys eating a variety of food. In an inter, he reveled about his thoughts on diet and sad,
I don’t believe in diet, fastt and that is precisely why I don’t mind eating even five times a day.”