|Physical Stats & More|
|Citation Height (approx.)||in centimeters-163 cm
in meters-1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms-50 kg
in pounds-110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Debut||Film: Wedding Anniversary (2017)
TV: Gumrah: End of Innocence
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won Best Debut Actress at Gold Awards 2018 for Nimki Mukhiya
• Won Talented Actress of the year at Universal India Awards in 2021
|Date of Birth||27 January 1990|
|Age (as of 2022)||32 Years|
|School||Lady Irwin School, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||singing, dancing, and painting|
|Tattoo(s)||• Dad with a red heart inked on left wrist
• A minimal tattoo on right wrist
• A heart shaped tattoo on back
|Controversies||• Questions on Nationality: Owing to her lastname, someone on Instagram called Bhumika Nepali. The Times of India This made her furious and she wrote,
"Thank you for the questions posted by some people about my nationality, pls see the facts below. 1. My grandfather served the Indian army in the 4th Gorkha rifles who fought the war against Pakistan in 1965 and 1971. 2. He had also won many medal. 3. My grandmother was the president of the mahila mandal of our village in Himachal Pradesh. Also, would like to highlight the fact that my grandfather was born in India. Hope you all got your answers. I love my India. Jai Hind, Jai Bharat."
• Allegation of lip surgery: In April 2020, she posted a picture of the time when she was 20 years old. Her followers began comparing her looks and commented that her lips look thinner in the picture and accused her of getting lip surgery. To stop the rumour from spreading, she wrote,
“AND FOR THOSE WHO HV DOUBTS ABOUT ME GETTING A LIP JOB DONE ...BAD NEWS! I HV NOT GOT ANY SURGERY DONE ANYWHERE EVER! MY LIPS ARE ORIGINAL ... (No lipstick used in this pic) Hence they look thin!”
• Crazy Fan: In September 2017, a fan started calling Bhumika incessantly. He even created a fake profile to post pictures of Bhumika and her loved ones. He even tagged Bhumika and people from her network to gain attention. At last, the actress lodged an official complaint against the fan. The Times of India
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Amit Singh Gosai aka Keith
• Shekhar Malhotra
|Marriage Date||8 March 2022|
|Parents||Father- Aaditya Gurung
Mother- Not Known
|Siblings||Brothers- Karan Singh, Prithvi Gurung
Sister- Priyanka Singh Gurung
|Cartoons||Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Powerpuff Girls, Pingu|
- Bhumika Gurung is an Indian TV actress who gained the limelight with her leading role of Nimki in the Star Bharat show, Nimki Mukhiya.
- Bhumika did her schooling in Delhi. Her family relocated to Mumbai because of her father’s business.
- Initially, Bhumika worked as a Sr. Executive Recruiter at Character Sketches, Mumbai.
- After that, she worked as a Business Development Executive at Exa India Pvt Ltd, Mumbai.
- She started her acting career with the TV serial ‘Gumrah: End of Innocence.’
- In an interview, she revealed that it was her father who instilled the thought of becoming an actor in her. India Forums She said,
Although I loved to shake a leg, I never thought I would enter this field. I was first doing a normal job, which I quit, to try my hands at modeling. My first acting stint was in Channel V’s Gumraah.
- When asked in an interview about her first acting stint, she said that while doing Gumrah, she did not even get a script. She added that the actors were just briefed about the scene and were told to act accordingly.
- She also acted in the Bollywood film ‘Wedding Anniversary’ (2017), starring Nana Patekar.
- Bhumika was in a long term relationship with Amit Singh Gosai aka Keith. In 2018, the couple got engaged in a Roka ceremony.
- However, the couple called off their engagement after dating for around 7 years. Zoom In an interview, Bhumika claimed that the relationship had no concrete or stability in it. She said,
People assumed that I was happy, but only I knew that there was no stability or anything concrete in my relationship. One day we were together and the other day we weren’t. I slipped into a depressive state of mind and it didn’t end on a good note after seven long years”
She tried to save the relationship and added,
I tried to make things work, but at a point, I understood that one cannot force anyone to stay or behave in a certain way. Accepting the fact that life is better without that one person is difficult.”
After separating from Keith, she said,
I have a very emotional side to me. My parents and friends were there for me during my low phase. Even the members of my last show Nimki Mukhiya stood like a rock by me when I was going through all this. I think being with the right people makes a lot of difference. It used to disturb me every time something went wrong, but now I am doing much better,”
- According to her, media and her fans started taking more interest in her personal life than her work. In an interview, she said,
I used to see news of my relationship status every other day. One day I was married to him, the other day we had parted ways. I used to wonder why people weren’t taking any interest in my work! I was in a relationship, but I was not in a happy space at all,”
- After the ugly end of her relationship with Keith, she received hate from some people on social media. She also indulged in the fights in her comment section to clarify her stance on the relationship and her opinion of Keith to those who commented hateful things about her.
- Bhumika gained popularity when she played the protagonist in the Star Bharat show, Nimki Mukhiya in 2017. Her character in the serial was that of a carefree, materialistic, and narcissistic girl that becomes the mukhiya or head of the village accidentally.
- In an interview, Bhumika recalled that before the show premiered, she went for the promotion of the show to a paan shop somewhere in UP or MP. She said that initially there were no fans but gradually the number of fans started increasing and she had no security or guards. She was crowded by them which is why the promotion was cut short and she was escorted to her car. While she was closing the door of her car, a fan put his hand inside and asked her for an autograph saying that he’d die if she denied it. YouTube
- The lack of usual ‘saas-bahu drama’ or ‘romance between the leads’ is something that made Nimki popular among the male viewers of the show. The show set a unique standard of popularity among the fans as it became one of the only shows to feature on the cover of notebooks and on the packets of Fryums.
- In 2019, Bhumika grabbed Nimki Vidhayk which was the sequel of the TV show, Nimki Mukhiya.
- Reportedly, Bhumika was offered a lead role in IN10 Media’s new channel ISHARA.
- In 2021, she acted in the serial Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya 2 as Meera, which aired on the Star Bharat channel.
- In an interview, Bhumika said that during the lockdown, she tried to lose weight by doing yoga and working out. She also spent the time honing her painting skills.
- In an interview, Bhumika was asked if she would be willing to accept the bold content, which is becoming a trend and demand of the web series format. She replied,
It all depends on what the role and character is, and how important the bold quotient is to the overall narrative.”
- When asked in interviews about her personality, she says it is fun-loving, happy and crazy.
- She got candid in an interview and revealed that her first celebrity crush was Bobby Deol.
- In an interview, she revealed that she met Shekhar Malhotra at a mutual friend’s birthday party. They started talking to each other as friends and later started dating in December 2020.
- Reportedly, Shekhar proposed to Bhumika on her birthday in 2021. The couple had their haldi, mehndi and sangeet ceremony on 6 and 7 March 2022.
- The two then got married in Gurudwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha at Four Bungalows in Andheri West, Mumbai on 8 March 2022, in a small and intimate wedding ceremony.
- She is an animal lover and often posts pictures with dogs and hamsters on her social media handles.
- Here’s an interesting video about Bhumika Gurung’s biography: