|Full name||Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel My Neta|
|Nickname||Dada The Times of India|
|Famous for||Being chosen as the 17th Chief Minister of Gujarat, India in September 2021 by Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Hair Colour||White (Semi-Bald)|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Political Journey||• Member of Memnagar Nagarpalika in Gujarat - 1995–1996, 1999-2000 and 2004–2006
• President of Memnagar Nagarpalika - 1999–2000
• Councillor from Thaltej Ward - from 2010 to 2015
• Chairman of the Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority (AUDA) - from 2015 to 2017
• Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly from the Ghatlodia constituency - 2 times - 2017-2022; 2022-present
• Chief Minister of Gujarat - 2 terms - from 13 September 2021 to 9 December 2022; from 12 December 2022 - present
|Date of Birth||15 July 1962 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||60 Years|
|Birthplace||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|College/University||Government Polytechnic Ahmedabad, Technical Examination Board, Gujarat State, Gandhinagar|
|Educational Qualification||A diploma in civil engineering from Government Polytechnic Ahmedabad, Technical Examination Board, Gandhinagar, Gujarat My Neta|
|Caste||Gujarati Kadava Patidar community The Times of India|
|Address||01, Aryaman Residency Road, Shilaj, Ahmedabad – 380059 My Neta|
|Hobbies||Watching cricket and badminton|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Anuj Patel
Daughter-in-law- Devanshi Patel
|Parents||Father- Rajnikantbhai Patel
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Ketan Patel (Younger Brother)
• Cash: Rs. 1,39,356
• Deposits in Banks: Rs 2,59,757
• LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs 1,39,00,000
• Personal loans/advances: Rs 62,76,992
• Motor Vehicles: Rs 7,72,630
• Jewellery: Rs 41,90,000
Gross Total Value: Rs 2,49,38,735 My Neta
• Non-Agricultural Land: Rs 30,00,000
• Commercial Buildings: Rs 59,00,000
• Residential Buildings: Rs 1,81,20,000
Total Immovable Assets: Rs 2.70 Crores My Neta
• Loans from Banks: Rs 9,18,715
• Loans due to Individual/Entity: Rs 60,36,992
Total Liabilities: Rs 69,55,707 My Neta
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 5.20 Crores My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bhupendra Patel
- Bhupendra Patel is an Indian politician. On 12 September 2021, he became the seventeenth Chief Minister of Gujarat. In 2017, he was elected as a member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly from the Ghatlodia constituency.
- He is the trustee of the two Patidar foundations named Sardar Dham and Vishwa Umiya in Gujarat. The Times of India
- Patel has served as a member of the Memnagar Municipality in Ahmedabad three times: from 1995 to 1996, from 1999 to 2000 and from 2004 to 2006.
- Patel was served as the Chairman of the Ahmedabad School Board from 2008 to 2010.
- In 2012, the then Chief Minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi appreciated Bhupendra Patel for introducing the idea of fee reduction to the builders to effectively implement the Building Regularisation Scheme.
- Bhupendra Patel served as the Councilor of Thaltej Ward from 2010 to 2015.
- Bhupendra Patel was also served as the Chairman of the Standing Committee of the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation from 2010 to 2015.
- Bhupendra Patel was elected as the Chairman of the Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority (AUDA) from 2015 to 2017. He was appreciated by the state government for accelerating several infrastructural projects in Sanand and Bhopal like building flyovers and roads.
- In 2017, he contested the Gujarat Legislative Assembly elections and won from the Ghatlodia constituency by defeating his opponent of the Indian National Congress Shashikant Patel with a margin of 1,17,000 votes. The Hindu Business Line
- Bhupendra Patel is a yoga enthusiast, and he often practices yoga.
- Bhupendra Patel was elected as the seventeenth Chief Minister of Gujarat on 12 September 2021. The former Chief Minister of Gujarat ‘Vijay Rupani’ resigned from the post of Chief Minister on 11 September 2021. A political analyst and journalist Faisal Bakili said in a conversation with BBC on this event,
Perhaps the party has chosen a brand new face as the Chief Minister due to speculation that there is an anti-incumbency wave against the BJP government in Gujarat.”
— TOI Ahmedabad (@TOIAhmedabad) September 12, 2021
- On 13 September 2021, he took the oath as the seventeenth Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- Bhupendra Patel never worked as a minister in any department of the Gujarat government. He only served as a member of state governmental organisations. He also works as a builder in Gujarat.
- He has been associated with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) for a long time. Hindustan Times
- Patel is considered one of the honest politicians in India who have no criminal records to their names. Hindustan Times
- He is closely associated with the former Chief Minister of Gujarat and the first woman Chief Minister of Gujarat, ‘Anandiben Patel.’ Hindustan Times
- In an interview with a media house, the family members of Bhupendra Patel shared their feelings when Patel became the Chief Minister of Gujarat in September 2021, and they also thanked the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the same. Patel’s wife narrated,
It’s like Diwali today. We didn’t expect him to be the Chief Minister. It was so unexpected that we did not even get time to plan his proper welcome.”
The daughter-in-law of Bhupendra Patel stated,
This was never expected; a complete surprise for our family. Even we saw it on the news. We are excited. He will be given a traditional welcome when he returns home.”
His younger brother commented,
We didn’t expect him to be the Chief Minister. It was so unexpected that we did not even get time to plan his proper welcome. There is a joyous atmosphere at home. We can’t express how happy we are. All relatives and neighbours have gathered at our place to celebrate. We were not expecting this. It’s a surprise from Prime Minister Narendra Modi.”
- On 11 September, when ‘Vijay Rupani’ resigned at the age of 65 as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, the name of Bhupendra Patel was not on the long list of probable Chief Ministers; however, Patel emerged as the dark horse on 12 September 2021.
- Bhupendra Patel was congratulated by the Home Minister of India Amit Shah on being selected as the 17th Chief Minister of Gujarat. He penned,
I am confident under the guidance and leadership of PM Narendra Modi, the state’s development journey will continue with new energy and momentum.”
- Bhagwan Dada, a spiritual leader in Gujarat, is followed by Bhupendra Patel. The New Indian Express
- As per Navbharat Times Media house, Bhupendra Patel is in the good books of the state government ministers and bureaucrats. Former corporation commissioner and member of Lokpal IP Gautam admired Bhupendra Patel in a media conference during his tenure as an MLA,
In my view, he has been a wonderful mediator between the public representatives of the AMC and the bureaucrats. He used to deal with people on a very practical level. He also had a very practical approach towards budgeting and policy making. It is a matter of pride for me to work with him.”
- On 13 September 2021, after being chosen as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi congratulated Bhupendra Patel on his Twitter account.