|Full Name||Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 160 lbs
|Political Party||Indian National Congress
|Political Journey||2002: Elected to the Lok Sabha from the Guna District of Madhya Pradesh
2004: Re-elected to the Lok Sabha
2007: Became a member of Union Council of Ministers as the Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology
2009: Elected to the Lok Sabha for the third time and also took charge as the Minister of State for Commerce and Industry.
2012: Became the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power
2013: Became the Chief of the Campaign Committee, Madhya Pradesh
|Date of Birth||1 January 1971|
|Age (as in 2018)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Bombay, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricon|
|Hometown||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|School(s)||• Campion School, Bhopal, India
• The Doon School, Dehradun
|College/University||• Harvard University
• Stanford Graduate School of Business
|Educational Qualification||• Graduation in Economics from Harvard University
• M.B.A. from Stanford Graduate School of Business
|Address||Jai Vilas Palace, Lashkar, Gwalior 470 004, Madhya Pradesh|
|Hobbies||Cricket, Swimming, Reading, Travelling, Photography, Playing Golf|
|Controversies||• Jyotiraditya filed a legal claim over the property of his late father, worth ₹20,000 Crore; claiming himself the sole inheritor, which was challenged by his aunts in the court.
• A legal notice was filed by Jyotiraditya against the Bharatiya Janata Party chief, Nand Kumar Singh Chouhan over the allegations that a hospital in Madhya Pradesh, which was inaugurated by a Dalit BJP MLA, Gopilal Jatav, was 'cleaned by sprinkling Gangajal,' just before Jyotiraditya's visit to the Hospital. To which BJP refused to back down on their claims, stating the act insulted the entire Dalit community.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||December 12, 1994|
|Wife/Spouse||Priyadarshini Raje Scindia (from the Gaekwad Family of Baroda)
|Children||Son- Mahanaryaman Scindia
Daughter- Ananya Scindia
|Parents||Father- Madhavrao Scindia (Politician)
Mother- Madhavi Raje Scindia
Sister- Chitrangada Raje Scindia
|Relatives||Paternal Aunt- Vasundhara Raje (Politician)
|Assets/Properties||Bank Fixed Deposits: ₹83 Lakhs
Bonds, Debentures, Shares: ₹1 Crore
Jewellery: ₹24 Lakhs
Total Value: ₹2 Crore (As Of 2014)
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹33 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jyotiraditya Scindia
- Does Jyotiraditya Scindia smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jyotiraditya Scindia drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He belongs to the Scindia Family who once ruled the city, Gwalior.
- His grandfather was Jivajirao Scindia, the last Maharaja of the then princely state, Gwalior; which in 1947, joined the Dominion of India.
- His father, Madhavrao Scindia, became the title holder of his royal family after the demise of Jivajirao Scindia, but in 1971, after the 26th amendment, all the official symbols of princely India, including privileges, titles, and privy purses were abolished by the Government of India.
- His father died in a plane crash in the year 2001, after which, Jyotiraditya joined the politics.
- He represents the Guna constituency of Madhya Pradesh as a Member of Parliament.
- He was one of the richest ministers (in the UPA Government) with assets around ₹25 Crores including foreign securities and investments worth over ₹16 crore as per a source in 2014.
- He has also been the Chairman of the regional Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA).
- He spoke against the corruption in Indian Cricket after the spot-fixing scandal of the Indian Premier League came into light, following which a member of the MPCA, Sanjay Jagdale, resigned from his post of secretary from the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
- He has also served as an investment banker at Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley.
- Jyotiraditya was an intern at the UN Economic Development Cell.
- In 2016, a man died after colliding with a car carrying Jyotiraditya, near Alappuzha in Kerala. Jyotiraditya sent his car and driver to the police station after the incident occurred. He later twitted about the incident also.
Devastated – sad loss of life – unfortunate accident betw Cochin-Allepy. Arranged for hospital immediately – on way to meet bereaved family!
— Jyotiraditya Scindia (@JM_Scindia) August 10, 2016
- Apart from his inherited wealth, Jyotiraditya also has shares in the following nine companies: ARS Trustee Company, PRS Trustee Company, MJS Trustee Company, Ananya Raje Tavern, Priyadarshini Raje Resort, Earth Financial Advisors, Moonrise Financial Advisors, Mahanaaryaman Resort, and Shivali Financial Advisors.
- In 2018, the most gossiped wink by the Congress President, Rahul Gandhi in the Parliament, after he hugged the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, was delivered to Jyotiraditya Scindia. To which, Scindia replied to the press that, “Farmers are committing suicide, women are being raped, Dalits are being oppressed, the lands of tribals are being snatched and unemployment is rising. In spite of all this, the fourth pillar of democracy (press) is more concerned about someone winking.”
- In 1994, Jyotiraditya got married to Priyadarshini Raje Scindia. It was a love at first sight for Jyotiraditya. They met over a family dinner for the first time in 1991.
- Here’s a conversation between Jyotiraditya Scindia and journalist, Navika Kumar.📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)