|Full Name||Bijay J. Anand|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Kundalini Yoga Teacher|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 175 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 inches
- Waist: 36 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||26 March|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|College/University||Golden Bridge Yoga, Rishikesh, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Yash (1996)
|Hobbies||Horse Riding, Travelling, Photography|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Sonali Khare (Marathi Actress)
Daughter- Sanaya Anand
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Actress||Poonam Dhillon|
|Favourite Film||Pyaar Toh Hona Hi Tha
|Favourite Destination||Bali, Indonesia|
|Favourite Painter||Sakti Burman|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bijay Anand
- Does Bijay Anand smoke?: No (Quit)
- Does Bijay Anand alcohol?: Not Known
- In an interview, Bijay revealed that he used to sell soaps on local trains of Mumbai.
- In 1996, he made his debut in the film industry with “Yash,” which failed miserably at the box office.
- He then got a role to play Kajol‘s fiance ‘Rahul’ in the movie “Pyaar Toh Hona Hi Tha (1998).” Thereafter, he got fame and was noticed by many directors and producers.
- In an interview, he revealed that after the huge success of the movie, he was offered 22 movies to play the lead role by different directors.
- The actor claims that he has seen poverty, struggle, and what not, but when he got fame and a chance to become a recognized actor, he quit the acting field to become a yogi.
- He switched his track from being an actor to a spiritual yogi by devoting his life to yoga.
- He became a Kundalini Yoga Teacher, authenticated by the Kundalini Research Institute, Los Angeles.
- The actor revealed in an interview that when he was 26, he was diagnosed with Arthritis and that’s when he discovered Kundalini Yoga and embraced it.
- He has conducted and organized yoga sessions and festivals in many parts of India and also in other countries through his organization ‘Anahata’. He is the CEO & Co-Founder of ‘Anahata Retreats’.
- In 2016, after a break of 17 years, he made a comeback and was seen playing the role of ‘Janak’ in the mythological show “Siya Ke Ram”. On being asked his return to acting, he quoted that “I’m a yoga teacher now — my dharma and karma are to teach people something important. I realised where I teach is not important, as long as I teach —be it in my class or on screen. Even my character Janak is a teacher. Teaching is, in fact, reaching out to people. The character is just what I am in life. When Nikhil Sinha (producer) approached me for the show he said to me, ‘you are not an actor playing Janak, you are Janak, which is why I want you. I cannot think of anyone else for the part.’ And I agreed.”
- In the daily soap “Dil Hi Toh Hai”, he is seen playing the role of the father of the actor Karan Kundra.
- He played the role of Sunny Leone‘s father (Jaspal Singh Vora) in the online series ‘Karenjit Kaur’ (2018).
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)