|Nickname(s)||Sunny, King K, and Princess India Forums|
|Profession(s)||Actor and Businessman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest:38 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Debut||TV: Kitani Mohabbat Hai (2009) as Arjun Punj
Film (Punjabi): Pure Punjabi (2012) as Prem
Film (Hindi): Horror Story (2013) as Neil
Film (Web-Series): It Happened in Calcutta (2020) as Ronobir Chatterjee
|Date of Birth||11 October 1984 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||37 Years|
|School||Mayo College, Ajmer, Rajasthan|
|College/University||Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar, Punjab|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation
• MBA from Florida, USA Telegraph India Pink Villa
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian India Forums|
|Tattoo||On his left chest: Fakira
|Controversies||• He was accused by his ex-manager Sonia Singh for defaming and mentally harrasing her in 2014, and she even filed a police complaint against him at the Malad Police Station in Mumbai. Dainik Bhaskar During an interview, Karan talked about the whole matter. He said,
"Sonia is like my sister. She never managed me, but treated me like a friend. We were good friends, but she started interfering in my personal life, which I do not like. After that I started keeping distance from her, but after a few days she threatened suicide. I was getting worried, I took help from my father and friends in this matter. They advised me to stay away from Sonia And complain against her. I did the same. In Jalandhar I filed a complaint against her and didn’t talk to her for 6 months. She is doing such ludicrous acts just to get sympathy. As for me, I am fully cooperating with the police.”
• While shooting for a scene in the 2015 TV serial ‘Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum,’ his co-star Saanvi Talwar had to slap him. She slapped him hard which was not well taken by Karan Kundra, and after the scene was done, he slapped her back. The Times of India
• While he was one of the gang leaders on the MTV reality show ‘Roadies Rising’ in 2017, he slapped one of the male contestants very hard after the contestant said that once he had hit his sister. The makers of the show replaced Karan with the Indian VJ and host Nikhil Chinapa in the next season of MTV Roadies. Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Kritika Kamra (actor; 2009-2012)
• Aanchal Singh (stylist; 2015) India TV News
• Swati Vasta (rumoured) India TV News
• Anusha Dandekar (VJ and model; broke up in 2020)
|Parents||Father- S. P. Kundra (owns a construction business in Punjab)
Mother- Suneeta Kundra
|Siblings||Sister(s)- Poonam Malhotra, Meenu Kundra, and Madhu Kundra
|Music Genre(s)||Punjabi, Hip-Hop, and R&B|
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Heath Ledger|
|Actress(es)||Priyanka Chopra and Jennifer Lawrence|
|Cartoon Character||Johnny Bravo|
|Cuisine(s)||Chinese and South Indian|
|Food||Rajma Chawal, Chole Bathure|
|Exercise||Heavy Weight Lifting|
|Sport(s)||Tennis and Badminton|
|Dessert(s)||Cheese Cake and Gulab Jamun|
|Car Collection||• Range Rover
• Mini Cooper
|Bike Collection||Harley Davidson 48
|Income (approx.)||Rs. 8 lakh for a week in Bigg Boss 15 Miss Malini|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 4.12 crore as of 2019 Forbes India|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karan Kundrra
- Does Karan Kundrra drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born in a well-to-do family in Jalandhar, Punjab.
- When he was 17 years old, he started his international call centre in Jalandhar, Punjab. Later, he assisted his father in his construction business.
- He then participated in the male beauty pageant ‘Mr. India’ in 2009 and finished as one of the finalists in the show. He won the ‘Mr. Style Statement’ title in the pageant.
- While he was shooting for his debut TV serial ‘Kitani Mohabbat Hai’ in 2009, he became friends with his co-star Kritika Kamra, and soon they fell in love with each other. Karan and Kritika together were known as ‘Karnika.’ The duo became one of the most popular on-screen and off-screen Jodis of that time. Later, they parted ways and it came as a shock to their fans. In an interview, when Kritika was asked about their split, she said,
There is no definite reason for my split with Karan. There was no fight. Both of us got very busy with our new shows and this took a toll on our relationship. Sadly, we couldn’t take care of our relationship. There was an emotional attachment, we were together 24/7, but he never proposed to me and I am glad he didn’t. I am comfortable with all my exes and Karan is not the only one. See we started off as friends and ended up being friends. It’s an adulterated kind of friendship that we have and that has remained between us.”
- Karan participated in the celebrity dance show ‘Zara Nachke Dikha’ in 2010.
- Ha has acted in various Hindi TV serials such as ‘Bayttaab Dil Kee Tamanna Hai’ (2009) as Veeru and ‘Aahat’ (2010) as Harsha Khandeparkar.
- Some of his other Hindi TV serials are ‘Kitani Mohabbat Hai 2’ (2010), ‘Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum’ (2015), ‘Dil Hi Toh Hai’ (2018), and ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’ (2021).
- He has also worked as a host in a few TV shows such as ‘Gumrah End of Innocence’ (2012), ‘MTV Splitsvilla 8’ (2015), and ‘Dating Aaj Kal’ (2021).
- In 2014, he participated in one of the teams of the celebrity cricket league ‘Box Cricket League.’
- He was one of the gang leaders in various seasons of the TV reality show MTV Roadies including ‘MTV Roadies 12’ (2015), ‘MTV Roadies 14’ (2016), and ‘MTV Roadies 15’ (2017). During an interview. While talking about his journey in MTV Roadies, he said,
It was a fabulous and life wandering experience because everything I did was something I had never done before. From travelling to biking, doing adventurous and life-endangering tasks. We faced many emotions as it is a reality show and people can react in any manner and being a gang leader, I had to face it. Apart from that I myself did a lot of new things which I never imagined to be physically possible.”
- Apart from TV serials, he has acted in a few Punjabi films like ‘Jatt Romantic’ (2013), ‘Mere Yaar Kaminey’ (2014), and ‘Control Bhaji Control’ (2015). During an interview, when he was asked whether working in Punjabi films has groomed him for Hindi films. He replied,
I don’t think so. There is a huge difference between the both of them. Both of them cater to different kinds of audiences. It’s no more like if you’ve won a beauty pageant, you will surely become an actress. Plus, both differ a lot in terms of budget, effort and bandwidth. So, I don’t think it’s fair to compare both of them. I’m a Punjabi. So, I enjoy doing films. It comes naturally to me. I don’t see it as a trial for Bollywood, but take up those films for my satisfaction.”
- In an interview, while talking about his failed acting debut in the Hindi films, he said,
I don’t have a godfather and no one has ‘launched’ me, so I’ve to choose wisely. Currently, I have two Hindi films in hand. As for Punjabi films, I act and co-produce them. I do them for fun and for a chance to stay in Punjab for a month or two while shooting. But I’ve taken a hiatus from them now.”
- He then acted in a few Hindi films such as ‘Mubarakan’ (2017), ‘1921’ (2018), and ‘Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare’ (2020). During an interview, he shared how he started his career in Bollywood. He said,
When Vikram sir had called me in 2012, I was doing a lot of TV. I had just got into the phase where people knew me and were looking at working with me. So, that time Vikram sir said to me that, ‘I am making a small film. I am not directing it, and it is not going to be your launch. It is a psychological thriller about these young kids who get into a hotel and don’t survive the night.’ I immediately said yes because, for me, life is never a destination, it’s a journey. You keep moving ahead and the sum of your experiences makes your life. Vikram sir had liked my work in Horror Story and when he was planning 1921 last year, he remembered me and my work. That worked in my favour and I bagged the film.”
- Karan has appeared as a celebrity guest in many TV shows such as ‘Bigg Boss 9’ (2015), ‘Comedy Nights Bachao’ (2016), ‘Ace of Space 1’ (2018), and ‘Ace of Space 2’ (2019).
- In 2018, Karan, along with his ex-girlfriend Anusha Dandekar, were among the few guests who were invited to the wedding ceremony of the Indian actress Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas.
- He has also featured in various Hindi music videos including ‘Do Chaar Din’ (2016) by Rahul Vaidya, ‘Jiss Waqt Tera Chehra’ (2021) by Amit Mishra, and ‘Na Maar’ (2021) by Afsana Khan.
- On the suggestion of his numerologist, he added an extra ‘r’ in his surname and shared the information in 2016 on his social media accounts. The Times of India
- Karan has been listed in the Top 100 Indian celebrities by Forbes India, in 2018 and 2019. Forbes India
- On 14 February 2020, Karan, along with his ex-girlfriend Anusha, launched their clothing label ‘Man Up! Woman Up!’
- Karan’s ex-girlfriend Anusha once shared that she received hate comments from Karan and Kritika’s fans for coming between them. During an interview, while talking about the brutal trolling, Anusha said,
Trolls want us to break up because they love Kritika (his former girlfriend) and Karan together. They were in a TV show. They looked great. They were everybody’s love.”
- In 2020, the Indian VJ and model Anusha Dandekar shared an Instagram post hinting towards her breakup with Karan. In her Instagram post, she wrote,
That’s the thing. If they were really the one. Then why do you spend so many nights overthinking? Why do you feel unsure about the relationship? Why do you keep having sleepless nights? ‘You have watched me Love so openly… now please watch me LOVE myself till I’m so full that I can share it with someone again someday. My advice one last time, Love comes in many forms, just don’t let it consume so much, that you lose you, let Love be respectful, kind and most importantly honest. I deserve it, you deserve it. The most important thing is understanding this because we accept the love we think we deserve. Thank you for always loving me the way you do my A team! I love you. Forever grateful for the good and the bad, all are lessons learnt. My love story now begins with me.”
- Earlier, they both met at an airport, and after several meetings, they started dating each other. The duo was in a live-in relationship. During an interview, while talking about the breakup, Anusha said,
Here it is, before the year ends… Yes I did a show called Love School, yes I was your Love Professor, yes everything I shared and the advice I gave has always been real and from my heart… yes I love hard, so hard… yes I don’t leave till there is nothing left for me to try and fight for, yes even I’m human, yes even I lost myself and some of my self-respect, yes I’ve been cheated and lied to… yes I waited for an apology, which never came, yes I learnt I actually had to apologise and forgive myself… And yes I grew, have grown and will continue to grow from all of it and look at the positive.”
- When Karan Kundrra was asked to give his reaction to Anusha’s comment, he said,
I have remained silent out of respect for the relationship and I would like to keep it that way. At this point, I am also thinking about two families. I, too, can turn around and say a lot of things, but that’s not me. What she shared was her perspective. Sometimes, I start laughing when I hear things. I don’t know what can make someone so hateful towards another person. We shared a beautiful relationship for three and a half years. I have learnt a lot from Anusha, and I have a lot of respect for her and her family. How is it that these allegations are being levelled against me when there is a development on my professional front? Why hasn’t any other person, who I have been in a relationship with, ever accused me of something as serious as this?”
- Earlier, he was offered Mr. Bajaj’s role in the Hindi TV serial ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2’, but due to his prior commitments, he could not accept the offer.
- Karan is a dog lover and owns a few pet dogs.
- In an interview, he talked about the crazy thing his fans did for him, he said,
That happens now and then. When I was doing the show (Kitani Mohabbat Hai on NDTV Imagine), people would actually write letters using their blood! Such a handkerchief had actually come to the channel’s office. I wouldn’t do something like that for anybody in my life! Sometimes little girls come to my place. I make them sit, have lunch with me and then I drop them home because I don’t know how they will go back. Since my shows have also been translated into Arabic countries, I have fans from everywhere. It’s funny, but I have even got marriage proposals from princesses in royal families in Egypt and Saudi Arabia!”
- Karan has judged a few modelling competitions and has also walked the ramp in many ace fashion shows.
- He particiapted in the TV realtiy show “Bigg Boss 15” in 2021 along with the contestants like Nishant Bhat, Pratik Sehajpal, Umar Riaz, and Simba Nagpal.
- During an interview, he was asked what was the one thing that completed him. He replied,
It is my family. At the end of the day if I don’t talk to my family, my sisters and my closest of friends I don’t feel complete. Sometimes when I don’t talk to my sisters, I know they are there for me and a simple good morning and good night message works.”
- He was trolled badly in 2021 as he was confused with the Indian business Raj Kundra because of their same surname. In 2021, Raj was convicted in a pornography case. Later, Karan posted a video on his social media account clarifying that he was not the one involved in the pornography case. The Times of India