|Real Name||Achal Kapoor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 90 kg
in Pounds- 198 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||11 November 1953|
|Age (as in 2017)||64 Years|
|Birth Place||Meerut, Uttar Pradesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|School||Our Lady of Perpetual High School, Mumbai|
|College||St Xavier's College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Production: Hum Paanch (1980)
|Family||Father- Late Surinder Kapoor (Film Producer)
Mother- Nirmal Kapoor
Brothers- Anil Kapoor, Sanjay Kapoor (both younger)
Sister- Reena Kapoor
|Address||Green Acres, 7 Bungalows, Andheri (West), Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Travelling, watching movies|
|Favourite Actor||Raj Kapoor|
|Favourite Food/Cuisine||Chicken Tikka, South Indian Cuisine, almond praline ice-cream|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Late Mona Shourie, TV Producer (m. 1983-1996; died of cancer in 2012)
Sridevi, Actress (1996-till her death in 2018)
|Marriage Date||June 2, 1996 (with Sridevi)|
|Children||Son- Arjun Kapoor (Son from first wife)
Daughter- Anshula Kapoor (Daughter from first wife), Jhanvi Kapoor (born 1997), Khushi Kapoor (born 2000)
|Car Collection||Porsche Cayenne
Some Lesser Known Facts About Boney Kapoor
- Does Boney Kapoor smoke: Yes
- Does Boney Kapoor drink alcohol: Not Known
- Walking in the footsteps of his father, Surinder Kapoor, Boney Kapoor began his journey in Bollywood with the movie Hum Paanch (1983). The movie performed well at the box-office and helped its actors, Mithun Chakraborty and Amrish Puri, cement their place in the Hindi film industry.
- Mesmerized by Sridevi’s’ performances in various South Indian films, Boney was dying to cast her in one of his movies. Thus, he approached her with the offer for the film- Mr. India (1987). However, he was startled when Sridevi asked him for a sum of INR 10 Lakh as fees (as that was a huge sum of money in those days). Nevertheless, Boney agreed to pay the amount, and thus began a “one-sided” love story.
- Since, at that time, Sridevi was reportedly madly in love with Mithun Chakraborty, Boney’s every single effort to impress her lady love went in vain. Tired of trying, the producer finally gave up and went for an arranged marriage with notable TV Producer of the time- Mona Shourie.
- It is believed that somehow Mithun came to know about Boney’s infatuation with the actress. Feeling insecure, Mithun made Sridevi tie him a Rakhi. However, even Mithun was happily married at that time and therefore was unwilling to commit to Sridevi.
- A few months later, Sridevi’s mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Since India was not an established hub for treating tumors, she took her mother to the US for treatment. During this time of hardship, there was no one around to support her. However, upon being intimated about this news, Boney flew directly to the US and offered her financial and mental support. It was during this time that Sridevi came closer to him.
- It was none other than Boney Kapoor, who helped his younger brother, Anil Kapoor, during the latter’s days of struggle. Despite appearing in a number of cameo appearances, Anil Kapoor was finding it hard to find some noticeable roles in the film industry. Thus, Boney came to rescue and gave Anil Kapoor his first full-fledged film- Woh Saat Din (1983).
- Not many people know that Boney played Amitabh Bachchan‘s double in the 1979 movie ‘The Great Gambler’. However, Boney had no interest in becoming an actor so ‘The Great Gambler’ remains his only brush with acting to date.
- He is a part of the board of directors of the Asian Academy of Film & TV (AAFT). In addition, he is on the governing council of AAFT film city, Noida, which conducts various short and long term film courses.
- In early 2000’s, Boney was in a lot of debt. He owed INR 40 crore in the film market and to add to his misery, none of his movies were garnering money at the box-office. He had one last hope in the form of Anil Kapoor-Salman Khan starrer No Entry (2005). Fortunately for him, the movie emerged a huge commercial success, therefore allowing him to lay off half his debt.
- The year 2009 proved to be another big year for him as his film- ‘Wanted’, became the second highest-grossing Bollywood film of the year.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)