|Nickname||Jaan (fondly called by Sridevi)|
|Other Name||Janhvi Kapoor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-32|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||7 March 1997|
|Age (as in 2018)||21 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai|
|College/University||The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute, Los Angeles, USA|
|Educational Qualification||A Course in Theatres and Films|
|Debut||Film- Dhadak (2018)
|Address||An apartment in Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri, North West, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Dancing, Travelling, Listening To Music|
|Controversies||In August 2016, intimate photographs of Jhanvi and her boyfriend Akshat Rajan were leaked online. The duo was seen locking lips in one of the two photographs.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Shikhar Pahariya (Rumour)
Akshat Rajan Bollywood Shaadis
Ishaan Khatter (Actor, Rumour) Amar Ujala
|Parents||Father- Boney Kapoor (Film producer)
Mother- Late Sridevi (Actress)
|Siblings||Brother- Arjun Kapoor (Actor, Elder half-brother)
Sisters- Khushi Kapoor (Younger), Anshula Kapoor (Elder half-sister)
|Favourite Food(s)||Mutton, Rajasthani Cuisines, Italian Dishes|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Salman Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Dilip Kumar|
|Favourite Actresses||Kareena Kapoor, Madhubala, Nutan, Waheeda Rehman|
|Favourite Film(s)||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam|
|Favourite Fashion Designer||Manish Malhotra|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jhanvi Kapoor
- Does Jhanvi Kapoor smoke: Not Known
- Does Jhanvi Kapoor drink alcohol: Yes
- Jhanvi was born with a silver spoon; as her father is a renowned Bollywood filmmaker, and mother was a prolific multilingual actress.
- The actual spelling of her name is “Janhvi,” but since the name “Jhanvi” trended first, it spread over the internet.
- Her name Jhanvi was given to her after the character of Urmila Matondkar as Jhanvi in the film- Judaai; as Sridevi was pregnant and shared a great bond with Urmila at that time.
- Jhanvi, along with Shah Rukh Khan‘s son, Aryan Khan, received the training in acting from a renowned film institute in the USA named ‘The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute’. Notably, Ranbir Kapoor had also undergone a training from the same institute.
- In 2015, Jhanvi was offered a role opposite Telugu superstar Mahesh Babu, but she declined it due to a large age gap with Mahesh.
- Her mother was never happy with Jhanvi’s decision to join Bollywood, instead, she wanted Jhanvi to get married and settle down.
- She is very fond of getting clicked and loves sharing her pictures with her fans.
- Her zeal towards acting and film industry even convinced her mother to support her in her decision.
- In 2018, she made a headstart to her career with her Bollywood debut in Karan Johar‘s ‘Dhadak’, alongside Shahid Kapoor’s brother Ishaan Khattar. Here’s the trailer of the movie:
- In an interview, she shared that during her shoot for Dhadak, she enjoyed eating various Rajasthani cuisines like Rogan josh, Laal maans, Kebab, etc. and she always prefers non-vegetarian over vegetarian.
- Jhanvi was about to debut in Karan’s Student of The Year 2 earlier, but the film got postponed and he decided to launch her first in Dhadak.
- When she was compared by her mother during the shoot of Dhadak, Farah Khan, her choreographer denied to it and called it unfair.
- She was the first choice for the film ‘Simmba’ opposite Ranveer Singh, but she declined the offer; as she was quite nervous about acting with such a big star.
- Jhanvi also told that her parents have supported her a lot in her journey of learning acting.
- Her mother had a dream to see her on the silver screen, but it didn’t happen; as on 24 February 2018, while attending a wedding function in Dubai, she bid adieu to this living planet. According to forensic reports, she died of “accidental drowning.”