|Nickname||Jaan (fondly called by Sridevi)|
|Other Name||Janhvi Kapoor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-32|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||7 March 1997|
|Age (as of 2023)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai|
|College/University||The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute, Los Angeles, USA|
|Educational Qualification||A Course in Theatres and Films|
|Tattoo||On her forearm: A handwritten note 'I love you my labbu' by her mother Late Sridevi
|Debut||Film- Dhadak (2018)
|Address||An apartment in Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri, North West, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Dancing, Travelling, Listening To Music|
|Controversies||In August 2016, intimate photographs of Jhanvi and her boyfriend Akshat Rajan were leaked online. The duo was seen locking lips in one of the two photographs.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Shikhar Pahariya (Rumour)
Akshat Rajan Bollywood Shaadis
Ishaan Khatter (Actor, Rumour) Amar Ujala
|Parents||Father- Boney Kapoor (Film producer)
Mother- Late Sridevi (Actress)
|Siblings||Brother- Arjun Kapoor (Actor, Elder half-brother)
Sisters- Khushi Kapoor (Younger), Anshula Kapoor (Elder half-sister)
|Food||Mutton, Rajasthani Cuisines, Italian Dishes|
|Actor(s)||Salman Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Dilip Kumar|
|Actresses||Kareena Kapoor, Madhubala, Nutan, Waheeda Rehman|
|Film(s)||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam|
|Fashion Designer||Manish Malhotra|
|Assets/Properties||In October 2022, she purchased a duplex (spread over 8669 sq ft) in Pali Hill, Bandra, Mumbai for Rs. 65 crore. In July 2022, she sold her Juhu apartment to actor Rajkummar Rao. GQ|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jhanvi Kapoor
- Does Jhanvi Kapoor smoke: Not Known
- Does Jhanvi Kapoor drink alcohol: Yes
- Jhanvi was born with a silver spoon; as her father is a renowned Bollywood filmmaker, and mother was a prolific multilingual actress.
- Some sources once claimed that Janhvi Kapoor was born out of wedlock. India Today Boney Kapoor, however, later refuted these claims in an interview and said,
My second marriage, my marriage with Sri (took place in Shirdi). We got married on June 2. We exchanged vows, we spent a night there and it was only in January when her pregnancy was seen that we had no choice, but to marry publicly. It took place in Shirdi, on June 2. (But), in public, we were married only in January (1997). That is why some scribes still write she (Janhvi) was born before marriage, something like that.
- The actual spelling of her name is “Janhvi,” but since the name “Jhanvi” trended first, it spread over the internet.
- Her name Jhanvi was given to her after the character of Urmila Matondkar as Jhanvi in the film- Judaai; as Sridevi was pregnant and shared a great bond with Urmila at that time.
- Jhanvi, along with Shah Rukh Khan‘s son, Aryan Khan, received the training in acting from a renowned film institute in the USA named ‘The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute’. Notably, Ranbir Kapoor had also undergone a training from the same institute.
- In 2015, Jhanvi was offered a role opposite Telugu superstar Mahesh Babu, but she declined it due to a large age gap with Mahesh.
- Her mother was never happy with Jhanvi’s decision to join Bollywood, instead, she wanted Jhanvi to get married and settle down.
- She is very fond of getting clicked and loves sharing her pictures with her fans.
- Her zeal towards acting and film industry even convinced her mother to support her in her decision.
- In 2018, she made a headstart to her career with her Bollywood debut in Karan Johar‘s ‘Dhadak’, alongside Shahid Kapoor’s brother Ishaan Khattar. Here’s the trailer of the movie:
- In an interview, she shared that during her shoot for Dhadak, she enjoyed eating various Rajasthani cuisines like Rogan josh, Laal maans, Kebab, etc. and she always prefers non-vegetarian over vegetarian.
- Jhanvi was about to debut in Karan’s Student of The Year 2 earlier, but the film got postponed and he decided to launch her first in Dhadak.
- When she was compared by her mother during the shoot of Dhadak, Farah Khan, her choreographer denied to it and called it unfair.
- She was the first choice for the film ‘Simmba’ opposite Ranveer Singh, but she declined the offer; as she was quite nervous about acting with such a big star.
- Jhanvi also told that her parents have supported her a lot in her journey of learning acting.
- Her mother had a dream to see her on the silver screen, but it didn’t happen; as on 24 February 2018, while attending a wedding function in Dubai, she bid adieu to this living planet. According to forensic reports, she died of “accidental drowning.”