|Real Name||Nemi Chand|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 64 kg
in Pounds- 141 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Year 1951|
|Place of Birth||Behror, Rajasthan|
|Date of Death||23 May 2017|
|Place of Death||Apollo Hospital, New Delhi|
|Cause of Death||Brain Hemorrhage, Multi organ failure|
|Age (at the time of death)||66 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Not Known|
|Controversies||• Chandraswami was often mired in controversies. His name cropped up in investigations into the assassination of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
• Chandraswami was accused of financial irregularities.
• In 1966, Chandraswami was arrested on charges of defrauding a London-based businessman of $100,000.
• Chandraswami also faced charges for repeatedly breaking the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chandraswami
- Did Chandraswami smoke?: Not Known
- Did Chandraswami drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Chandraswami was from Rajasthan but when he was a child, his father moved to Hyderabad.
- Chandraswami was enticed to study tantra vidya from the early age.
- Later he spent times in jungles of Bihar where he did Meditation for four years. He claims that after four years he obtained extraordinary powers called siddhis.
- Chandraswami was a devotee of Maa Kali and was interested in interfaith dialogue.
- He sat on the Board of World Religious Leaders for the Elijah Interfaith Institute.
- When Rao became Prime Minister in 1991, Chandraswami built an ashram in Delhi’s Qutub Institutional Area known as Vishwa Dharmayatan Sanathan. The land for the ashram had been allotted by Indira Gandhi.
- Chandraswami gave the spiritual advice to the Sultan of Brunei, Sheikh Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa of Bahrain, actress Elizabeth Taylor, British PM Margaret Thatcher, arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi, crime Lord Dawood Ibrahim and ‘Tiny’ Rowland.
- He died in Apollo Hospital due to the multi-organ failure on 23rd May 2017.