|Full Name||Chandru Lachmandas Raheja|
|Famous For||Being the Chairman of K. Raheja Corporation|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||12 October 1940|
|Age (as in 2018)||77 Years|
|College/University||National Law College, Mumbai University|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Reading, Doing Charity|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• HIFI awarded him the prestigious ‘HIFI Hall of Fame Award’ in 2013.
• NDTV Property awarded him the 'Lifetime Achievement Award' in 2016.
• CNBC awarded him the '10th CNBC Awaaz Real Estate Awards' in 2016 for remarkable contribution to the real estate industry.
• CNBC awarded him the 'Most reliable builder award' on behalf of K. Raheja Corporation in 2017.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Jyoti C. Raheja|
|Children||Sons- Ravi Raheja (Group President of K. Raheja Corporation)
Neel Raheja (Group President of K. Raheja Corporation)
|Parents||Father- Late Lachmandas Raheja
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Gopal Raheja (Real Estate Developer)
Suresh Raheja (Real Estate Developer)
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹2000 Crore ($2.8 Billion)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chandru Raheja
- Chandru Raheja was born into a business-oriented family in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- His father Lachmandas Raheja founded the K. Raheja Group in 1956. Later, the family separated and the property was divided into three parts among Chandru’s brothers.
- Chandru Raheja established his own real estate business after separating from his brothers in 1996.
- He started his business as a real estate developer, and now he is a well-known face of the diversified industry. He also runs the Shoppers Stop (an Indian department store chain) and Crossword (an outlet store).
- He has extensive experience of four decades in the real estate, retail, and hospitality industries.
- In 2008, he was featured in the list of Indian Billionaires, for the first time, in the Forbes Magazine with the net worth of $1.5 Billion.
- The Forbes ranked him 859 in the list of the World’s Billionaires and 49 in the Indian Billionaires in 2018.
- He is also a philanthropist and often lent his hands in several social welfare causes. He does charity to the Diabetic Association of India and runs a few educational institutions, schools, an NGO and a hospital for the betterment of the society.
- His company, K. Raheja Corporation owns the IT Parks, hotels, department stores, and malls throughout India such as Inorbit Malls, The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, Whitefield Marriott in Bengaluru, JW Marriott and Vivarea in Mumbai, and more.
- He has also built several parks and play zones for the children throughout India.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography