Age: 52 Years
Hometown: Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh
Education: MSc In Chemistry
|Known For||Evading huge amount of taxes and more than Rs. 257 crores were recovered from his bungalow by the Directorate General of GST Intelligence (DGGI), Ahmedabad, and Income Tax Department during a raid in December 2021|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||Year 1969|
|Age (as of 2021)||52 Years|
|Birthplace||Chhipatti, Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Chhipatti, Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University (Kanpur University), Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• BSc in Chemistry
• MSc in Chemistry Jagran India Today
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known (Partner in Piyush Jain's business)|
|Children||Son(s)- Pratyush and Priyansh
Daughter- Nilanasha (pilot)
|Parents||Father- Maheshchandra Jain (worked in a soap company in Mumbai)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Amrish Jain (businessman; elder)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Piyush Jain
- Piyush Jain is an Indian businessman who came into the news for evading huge amounts of taxes. In December 2021, during a raid of DGGI, Ahmedabad, and Income Tax Department, more than Rs. 257 crores were recovered from his bungalow.
- Earlier, he used to live with his family in Anandpuri, Uttar Pradesh. Piyush’s grandfather, Phool Chand Jain, used to run a business of printing clothes. His elder brother, Amrish Jain, is known as the ‘compound king’ in Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh.
- Initially, he started working as a salesman in his father’s soap business in Mumbai.
- He then started making compounds for soap and detergents, and after a few years, he tried his hands on making edible compounds for tobacco products. Later, he started his perfume business in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh and expanded his business in various cities in India and abroad.
- He has also started a few companies in the Middle East. He owns more than 38 companies in India. He along with his elder brother co-founded ‘ Odochem Industries,’ a chemical manufacturing company in Uttar Pradesh.
- He landed into a major problem when his house was raided by the DGGI team in December 2021. The whole incident started when in October 2021, four trucks that were carrying the pan masala cartons were taken into custody by the DGGI team, Ahmedabad.
- The loaded cartons were worth lakhs of rupees whereas the bills presented by the truck drivers were not more than Rs. 50,000. Later, it was found that he produced fake bills to evade GST deductions.
- Later, Praveen Jain, the owner of the truck transport company ‘Ganesh Road Carriers’ was investigated by DGGI, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, followed by a raid at Shikhar Pan Factory.
- During the investigation, around Rs. 1 crore was recovered from the office of Praveen Jain. The DGGI team investigated Praveen’s brother-in-law Piyush Jain and Amrish Jain on 23 December 2021, and it was found that they were also involved in tax evasion.
- Later, the investigation team raided Piyush Jain’s bungalow in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, and recovered cash of around Rs. 257 crore. The team then called the officials of the Income Tax Department to continue the investigation process.
- Along with a huge amount of cash, documents of his properties (in more than 30 posh areas of India and Dubai), 25 kg of gold, and 150 kg of silver were recovered during the raid. The whole raid took more than 120 hours to complete.
- Piyush Jain’s other properties were also raided and a huge amount of cash was recovered from there. Piyush was arrested by the Kanpur Police on 27 December 2021 and was kept in barrack number 15 under the Corona protocol of Kanpur Jail.
- According to the media sources, he could not sleep and eat properly in jail. Hindi News 18 The Quint
- While talking to the reporters, his neighbours said,
He [Piyush Jain] used to walk and travel by scooter. He would attend functions wearing very simple clothes. He wouldn’t meddle in others’ affairs and kept a low profile. So we never doubted even once that he has so much cash in his house.”
- As per the media sources, Piyush did not have CCTV cameras installed in his bungalow. He has got electric wires installed near the walls of his bungalow, and the current would run in the wires during the nighttime, so no one could enter his bungalow easily without permission.
- He used to keep Toyota Qualis and a Maruti car at his bungalow in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, to portray a life of a middle-class family.