Some Lesser Known Facts About Chelsi Behura
- Chelsi Behura was born into a middle-class family in Sikharpur, Cuttack, Odisha.
- Her father had passed away when she was too young.
- She was inclined towards music from a very young age. Chelsi started singing when she was 5 years old.
- She has learnt Hindustani Classical Music from Sasmita Mishra and Light Vocal Music from Sarada Prasanna Sahoo.
- Chelsi started performing live with the local bands in Cuttack when she was in Class 5.
- In 2014, she participated in the singing show “Singing Superstar” that aired on the regional channel Sarthak TV.
- Chelsi was one of the top 60 contestants on the singing reality show “Indian Idol Junior” (2015).
- Subsequently, she participated in the singing reality show “Rising Star.”
- She performed on the song “Har Kisi Ko” the film ‘Boss’ in the audition round of the show and impressed the audience and the expert panel with her voice. Chelsi scored 93% in the audition round of Rising Star.
- In 2019, she participated in the singing reality show “Indian Idol 11.”
Sponsored View this post on Instagram
So much excited! Thank uh so much everyone for your love nd support!❤️ . #Repost @sonytvofficial (@get_repost) ・・・ The youngest performer to make it to the #Top15, @chelsibehura is ready to win the nation over with her energetic performance in the #IndianIdol #GreatGrandPremiere, this weekend at 8 PM #EkDeshEkAwaaz @adityanarayanofficial @nehakakkar @vishaldadlani @anumalikmusic @thecontentteamofficial
- She draws her inspiration from her mother.
- Chelsi sang the song ‘Main Pareshaan’ from the movie ‘Ishaqzaade’ in the audition round of Indian Idol 11 and received the Golden Ticket to the theatre round.
- Bollywood singer, Neha Kakkar, was very much impressed with her voice and said,
I am surprised that at such a young age, you are singing so amazingly. I can see you being the next singing sensation of our country.”