Chester Bennington Age, Wife, Family, Biography, Death Cause & More
|Real Name||Chester Charles Bennington|
|Nickname||Chaz, The Chemist, Chazy Chaz|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 39 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||20 March 1976|
|Date of Death||20 July 2017|
|Place of Death||Palos Verdes Estates, California, USA|
|Death Cause||Suicide (by hanging)|
|Age (as in 2017)||41 Years|
|Birth Place||Phoenix, Arizona, USA|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Phoenix, Arizona, USA|
|School||Centennial High School|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Album: Hybrid Theory (2000)
Film: Crank (2006)
|Family||Father- Lee Russell Bennington (Police Detective)
Mother- Susan Elaine Johnson (Nurse)
Brother- Brian Bennington (Police Officer- Elder, Half-brother)
Sisters- 2 (Half-sisters)
|Ethnicity||English, German, Dutch, Welsh Chester|
|Address||Palos Verdes Estates, Los Angeles, California|
|Controversies||In 2017, he said that he wants to 'kill' anyone who calls them 'sell-outs', and will 'punch them in the f**king mouth.'|
|Favorite Musicians/Bands||Depeche Mode, Stone Temple Pilots, Radiohead|
|Favorite Songs||"Big Empty" by Stone Temple Pilots, "Karma Police" by Radiohead, "Faust Arp" by Radiohead, "In Da Club" by 50 Cent, "Limo Wreck" by Soundgarden, "You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You" by Dean Martin|
|Favorite Films||Saw, Nightmare on Elm Street series, Hellraiser, Psycho, House of 1,000 Corpses|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Samantha Olit (m.1996-div.2005)
Talinda Bentley (m.2006-till his death in 2017)
|Children||Sons- Jaime Bennington (with his former girlfriend Elka Brand), Draven Sebastian Bennington (with his first wife Samantha Marie Olit), Tyler Lee Bennington, Isaiah Bennington (adopted)
Daughters- Lila Bennington, Lily Bennington
|Car Collection||Porsche Panamera|
|Net Worth||$30 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chester Bennington
- Did Chester Bennington smoke?: Not Known
- Did Chester Bennington drink alcohol?: Yes
- Chester was born to a nurse mother and a police detective father, who got divorced when he was 11 years old, and his father gained custody of him.
- From the age of 7 to 13, he faced molestation from an older male friend.
- He was physically bullied in high school due to his skinny body and different looks.
- After the separation of his parents, he started consuming marijuana, alcohol, opium, cocaine, methamphetamine, and LSD.
- At the age of 17, he started living with his mother who had banned him from leaving the house due to drug activity, which he eventually overcome later.
- In 1993, he joined up as the lead singer of the local band ‘Grey Daze’ and later left the band in the late 90s over creative differences.
- In 1996, he worked at the ‘Burger King.’
- He then moved to Los Angeles and became the part of the rock band ‘Linkin Park’ in 1999. The band initially wanted the name “Lincoln Park”, however, they changed it to “Linkin” as they couldn’t afford the domain name “lincolnpark.com”.
- Apart from Linkin Park, he had a side band called ‘Dead by Sunrise’ which was formally known as ‘Snow White Tan.’
- His favorite song to sing from his band Linkin Park was “Papercut” and “Breaking the Habit.”
- Earlier he used to wear spectacles, but in 2004 he had a laser operation.
- He was accident-prone as in 2001 while touring for Ozzfest, he was bitten by a spider, tore a ligament in his hand while playing basketball at Chuck E. Cheese, and broke a wrist in a stage dive in 2007.
- On 20 July 2017, at around 9:00 a.m., he was found hanged at his home in Palos Verdes Estates, California, USA. Coincidently, he died on the 53rd birthday of his close friend, Chris Cornell, who had also died of suicide by hanging two months prior to his death on 17 May 2017.