|Profession(s)||Actress and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 9"
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 52 Kg
in Pounds- 115 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-28-33|
|Date of Birth||31 May 1992 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Tenali, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|School||Little Angels School, Visakhapatnam
Visakha Valley School, Vishakapatnam
|College||H.R. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||• Bachelor of Commerce
• Master’s in Commerce and Economics
|Debut||Film Debut: Raman Raghav 2.0 (2016)|
|Family||Father- Venugpopal Rao
Mother- Santha Rao
Sister- Samantha (younger)
Brother- Not Known
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading, Writing, Painting, Gardening|
|Food||Tibetan Food, Noodles, Waffle|
|Actors||Mahesh Babu, Hrithik Roshan|
|Actresses||Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra, Meena Kumari
|Films||Hollywood Films: The Harry Potter series, Cloud Atlas, Titanic
Bollywood Films: Jodha Akbar, Umrao Jaan, Guzaarish, Fashion
|Poets||Charles Bukowski, Ezra Pound, Bertolt Brecht, John Keats|
|Fashion Brands||Gucci, Huemn, The Row, Raw Mango, Vintage YSL|
|Play||“Hamlet” by William Shakespeare|
|Book||“Letters to Milena” by Franz Kafka|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Pranav Misra (fashion designer; co-founder of the fashion brand Huemn)
• Naga Chaitanya (actor) (June 2022-present) Pinkvilla
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sobhita Dhulipala
- Does Sobhita Dhulipala smoke?: No
- Does Sobhita Dhulipala drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sobhita won the Femina Miss India Earth title in 2013.
- When she was in 9th standard, she was afraid of failing in her history exam and participated in an essay-writing competition and surprisingly won it.
- She is a trained Bharatnatyam and Kuchipudi dancer.
- In 2016, she made her Bollywood debut in the film Raman Raghav 2.0, alongside Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Vicky Kaushal. The film premiered at the Cannes Film festival 2016; she was nominated under the Critics’ Choice Best Performace.
- In 2019, Sobhita featured in the spy thriller web series “Bard of Blood,” which was based on the novel by the Bilal Siddiqi.
- During an interview, Sobhita talked about her personal growth and choosing what is right for oneself. In the context of her statement, she mentioned making sense of Hamlet’s soliloquy-
To be, or not to be.”
- She told during an interview that she never wanted to be an actress, instead, desired to be a writer. Talking about it, she says,
I didn’t grow up watching films or thinking that you know ‘Oh! mujhe actor banna hai, star banna hai, aisa maine socha to nahi’. I grew up reading a lot on literature and all of that. But this was something as I hope for a dream and I am glad it happened actually.”
- Sobhita loves playing the guitar in her leisure time.
- Sobhita says that the process of winning the Miss India crown damaged her self-esteem. Before Miss India, she was a loner and an uncool person, who felt the need to seek out her validation in college. Her friend, who was interning at the Miss India Office asked her to give an audition for the competition. She participated in the competition and won it. The competition brought changes in her attitude and lifestyle. Talking about the transition in her, she said-
For the first time in my life, I was getting attention. I was very awkward with myself, I was so lame… But Miss India did more damage to my self-esteem. It took me more away from me because you’re reduced to someone who’s entertaining, who is pleasing. It messed with my head. You have a constant identity crisis. You feel like you don’t belong anywhere like you’re following your ego or the need to feel good about yourself. Where does that end really?”