Age: 52 Years
Wife: Bharathi Pai
|Other Name||Dinesh Mangalore BookMyShow|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Art Director|
|Debut||Film (Kannada): Aasphota (1988)
|Date of Birth||1 January 1970 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||52 Years|
|School||Government High School in Kollur, Karnataka|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son(s)- Surya Siddhartha (actor), Sajan Pai
Note: Surya Siddhartha has appeared in the Kannada films Colorfull (2015) and Days of Borapura (2018).
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dinesh Mangaluru
- Dinesh Mangaluru is an Indian film actor and art director, who is known for his works in the Kannada film industry. He came into the limelight with the popular pan-India film sequels K.G.F: Chapter 1 (2018) and K.G.F: Chapter 2 (2022) in which he played the role of Shetty.
- His film debut, ‘Aasphota’ (1988), is a political drama film, which bagged various accolades including the Best Film award at the 36th Filmfare Awards South.
- After making his debut in Sandalwood, he made an appearance in the Kannada films Nagamandala (1996), Z (1999), and Smile (1999).
- In 2007, he played the role of Seetharam Shetty in the Kannada crime drama film ‘Aa Dinagalu.’ The central character of the film, Chetan, is a business magnate who struggles to protect his girlfriend, Mallika, from an underworld don named Kotwal Ramachandra. The don is hired by Chetan’s conspiring father to get rid of Mallika. Seetharam Shetty is the right hand of Kotwal in the film.
- Dinesh Mangaluru appeared in the Kannada biographical film ‘Attahasa’ in which he played the role of Minister Nagappa. The film is based on Veerappan, a forest brigand who was notorious for kidnapping politicians for ransom. Minister Nagappa was one of the politicians who were abducted by Veerappan.
- In 2014, he starred in the Kannada neo-noir crime drama anthology film ‘Ulidavaru Kandanthe’ as a local gangster-cum-businessman named Shankar Poojary.
- In the Kannada action thriller film ‘Rana Vikrama’ (2015), Dinesh Mangaluru played the role of Kulkarni, an MLA of Maharashtra’s ruling party.
- Other acting credits under his belt include the Kannada films Ricky (2016) and Kirik Party (2016).
- He gained popularity when he played the role of Shetty in the pan-India period action film sequels K.G.F: Chapter 1 (2018) and K.G.F: Chapter 2 (2022). The film series focuses on Rocky, a high-ranking assassin in Mumbai, who was born in poverty. In the film, Rocky, while seeking power and wealth, arrives in Bombay as a child, where he works for the prominent gold smuggler Shetty.
- Later, he featured in the Kannada film ‘Senapura’ in which he shared the screen with his son, Surya Siddhartha. Another film in which the father-son duo starred together is Days of Borapura (2018).
- As an art director, he has worked on various Kannada films including Chandramukhi Pranasakhi (1999), Veera Madakari (2009), and Vriksham (The Tree) (2019).
- In 2021, Dinesh Mangaluru uploaded an old picture on his Facebook account which featured him along with former President of India A. P. J. Abdul Kalam at an award ceremony.
- An avid animal lover, Dinesh uploads numerous pictures of street and pet animals on his Facebook account.