Hansika Motwani Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-36|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|Debut||TV (Child Actor): Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand (2001) as Tina, aired on Star Plus
TV (Reality Show): Celebrity Fame Gurukul (2005), aired on Sony TV
Film (Child Actor): Hawa (2003) as Sasha
Film (Hindi): Aap Kaa Surroor (2007) as Ria Bakshi
Film (Telugu): Desamuduru (2007) as Vaishali
Film (Kannada): Bindaas (2008) as Preethi
Film (Tamil): Mappillai (2011) as Gayathri
Film (Malayalam): Villain (2017) as Dr. Shreya Venkatesh
|Awards||• 2003: Best Child Artist of the Year for Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand
• 2008: 55th Filmfare Awards South for Best Debut Actress for the film Desamuduru
• 2014: South Indian International Movie Awards for Best Actress for the film Aranmanai
• 2015: Vijay Awards for Favourite Heroine for the film Maan Karate
|Date of Birth||9 August 1991 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Bombay, Maharashtra (present-day Mumbai)|
|School||Podar International School, Mumbai|
|College/University||International Curriculum School, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation MensXP|
|Religion/Religious Views||In 2010, she converted to Buddhism. Mid-Day In an interview, while talking about it, she said,
"The best way to effectively de-stress is to chant ‘Nam Myo Ho Renge Kyo’. I chant every morning. This practice strengthens compassion in my mind. For me, Buddhism aims to awaken people to the limitless potential and value of their own lives. Through chants, one can connect with God and can experience real peace of mind and spiritual well-being. Chanting helps me strike a balance. I am now able to manage stress better and am generally more positive when dealing with people.”
|Ethnicity||Sindhi The Indian Express|
|Food Habit||Eggetarian The Times of India|
|Address||Bungalow No 47, Hansika House, RSC-2, Park Street, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Controversies||• Leaked Bathing MMS
In 2015, an MMS of a girl while bathing went viral on social media, and the girl looked like Hansika Motwani. Later, in an interview, Hansika clarified that the girl in the video was her look alike and not her. Pinkvilla
"Some people feel that actress is spending a luxurious life. But I am working round the clock and putting in a lot of hard work to entertain the audience. I don’t understand why some indulge in heinous acts like the morphing of pics. For me spreading obscene videos by morphing is worse than rape.”
• Received Criticism For Using Growth Hormone Injection
In 2007, she appeared in the Hindi film ‘Aap Kaa Surroor’ along with the Indian musician Himesh Reshammiya. She was criticsed for using growth harmones to look an adult for making her debut as a lead actor. Some media sources even claimed that it was her mother who used growth harmone injections on her. Pinkvilla
• Case Filed For Hurting the Hindu Sentiments
In 2022, a case was filed on her and and Jameel, the director of the film ‘Maha.’ The case was filed because in the poster of the film Hansika was seen smoking chillum while dressing up as a saadhvi. Pinkvilla
During an interview, while talking about the controversy, Jameel said,
"Guys, saw all ur coments,as a director of the film my intention was 2 just create sumthing unique n not to knowingly hurt anybody’s sentiments related 2 caste or religion,I believe in humanity n not in Hindu-muslim,so pls dont create caste and religion angle ?? @ihansika #Maha (sic).”
• Stealing her best friend's husband
Following her marriage with Sohael Khaturiya, she was heavily trolled on social media for stealing her best friend's husband. Reportedly, Sohael was earlier married to Hansika's best friend Rinky, and Hansika had even attended their wedding. Later, she responded to these trolls and accusations and said, "Just because I knew the person at that time doesn't mean it was my fault. I have nothing to do with this. Because I am a public figure, it was very easy for people to point at me and make me the villain. This was a price I pay for being a celebrity.” The Times of India
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||4 December 2022
|Marriage Place||Mundota Fort and Palace, Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Silambarasan (ex-boyfriend; actor)
• Sohail Kathuria (businessman)
|Parents||Father- Pradeep Motwani (businessman)
Mother- Mona Motwani (dermatologist)
|Siblings||Brother- Prashant Motwani (works in the corporate sector; image in parents' section)
|Other Relative||Sister-in-law- Muskaan Nancy (TV actor)
|Holiday Destination(s)||New York, London, Dubai, Paris|
|Auto Bizz Car Collection||• Rolls Royce Phantom
• BMW 5-Series
• Mercedes Benz GL 350 CDI
• Mercedes Benz S class
• Jaguar XE
• Mercedes Benz GLE 250D
• Mercedes Benz E class
• Mercedes Benz S class
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hansika Motwani
- Hansika Motwani is an Indian actress and entrepreneur, who has mainly acted in Telugu and Tamil films. She became popular among the kids with her Hindi TV serial ‘Shaka Laka Boom Boom’ (2001) in which she played the role of Karuna/Shona. In 2003, she appeared in the Hindi film ‘Koi… Mil Gaya’ as one of the kids who were friends of Hrithik Roshan in the film.
- Her parents got separated when she was too young.
- When she was 8 years old, she appeared for the first time in a TV commercial for the Hyundai Santro car along with the Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan. She was paid Rs 5000 for the ad. YouTube- Hansika Motwani
- Her father was against her acting career. One day, Hansika’s mother met the Indian actress Juhi Chawla at her (Hansika mother’s) clinic, and it was Juhi who suggested her mother to support Hansika in her acting career.
- Hansika then acted in many Hindi TV serials such as ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ (2002), ‘Son Pari’ (2002), ‘Karishma Kaa Karishma’ (2003), and ‘Hum 2 Hain Na!’ (2004).
- As a child actor, she acted in a few Hindi films like ‘Jaago,’ ‘Hum Kaun Hai?,’ and ‘Aabra Ka Daabra’ in 2004.
- She then appeared as a lead actress in a few Hindi films. In 2008, she appeared in the Hindi film ‘Money Hai Toh Honey Hai.’ However, she failed to get success in Hindi films.
- She then acted in Telugu films such as ‘Jayeebhava’ (2009), ‘Denikaina Ready’ (2012), ‘Luckunnodu’ (2017), ‘NTR: Kathanayakudu’ (2019), and ‘Tenali Ramakrishna BA. BL’ (2019).
- She was appointed as a brand ambassador of Chennai Turns Pink in 2013. Chennai Turns Pink is a breast cancer awareness program.
- In 2013, she confirmed her relationship with the South Indian actor Silambarasan Thesingu Rajendar aka Simbu. However, after dating for a year, the couple got separated. International Business Times In an interview, Simbu talked about his breakup with Hansika. He said,
It’s been two years since my film release. I have learnt a lot in this period. Everyone has his own struggles, not that I am the only one who was suffering in life. They say that I am a born with silver spoon, but in the two years I experienced the difficulties faced by common man. I give all the money that I earn to my mother. In the two years, there were no films and I was completely broke. It was difficult for me to ask my mom to lend me money for survival. I lost everything. Offers went away, films did not release and nothing was working in my favour.”
He further said,
I thought my girlfriend (Hansika) will be with me, but she ditched me when I was struggling. (Laughs). I was hoping to forget my pain by looking at my child’s face after getting married, but that did not happen…I think the God is testing me. Everything had gone, but I only have this life. Then I realised that there is a purpose why I am still alive. In spite of my highs and lows, fans are still with me.”
However, as per some sources, the reason for their breakup was Simbu’s close friendship with the South Indian actress Nayanthara. The Times of India
- Hansika was listed in Forbes India Celebrity 100 nominees list in 2014. Forbes India
- She then acted in Telugu films such as ‘Kandireega’ (2011), ‘Oru Kal Oru Kannadi’ (2012), ‘Uyire Uyire’ (2016), and ‘Gulaebaghavali’ (2018). She completed her 50th film ‘Maha’ (2022) in the Indian cinema. In an interview, while talking about it, she said,
A lot of people are exaggerating the fact that I have completed 50 films, but I don’t see this as a big deal. I was lucky to begin early, and Tamil cinema welcomed me with open arms. I have been acting for close to 20 years now, but I have to go further. I still feel like I have just embarked on this journey and aim to hit a century. Fifty is a small number, there’s more to come. I want to act till my last breath.”
- Hansika has been featured as a model in music videos such as “Booty Shake” by Tony Kakkar and Sonu Kakkar (Hindi; 2021), “Mazaa” by B Praak (Hindi; 2021), and “Shreaam Pagal” by Sunidhi Chauhan (Punjabi; 2022).
- Apart from working as an actor, she owns two event management firms i.e. Hansika Motwani Events LLP and The Balloon Stylist.
- She has been working for the welfare of society for a few years. When she was 20 years old, she decided to fund the education of 20 girls. During an interview, when she was asked about her social services. She said,
I‘ve always tried to keep my philanthropic activities away from the public eye, and I’ve always asked my PR to not announce it. Honestly, I’ve never been particularly happy that you guys (media) get to know about my various charities. It sounds like publicity for me, and that’s not true. Even before I became a well-known actress, I was involved with social work. My mother was also involved. I consider myself fortunate to be able to help people around me.”
- Hansika’s fans call her Chinna Khushbu and often compare her looks with veteran South Indian actor Khushbu Sundar. Silver Screen India
- She loves to paint, do meditation, travel, and watch movies whenever she gets time from her busy schedule.
- Hansika is an avid dog lover; however, she fears cats. She has three dogs named Bruzo, Murphy, and Teddy.
- In 2021, in her YouTube vlog, she shared that she had never auditioned for TV serials or films. YouTube- Hansika Motwani
- She has walked the ramp for many ace Indian fashion designers.
- Hansika has been featured on the cover of various magazines such as Inbox magazine, South Scope, and Femina Tamil.
- She enjoys cooking food, especially Amritsari Chole Kulche, Maggie, and Black Daal.
- She has been featured in TV commercials for various brands such as Nirma Beauty, Aroma Milk, and Girias.
- In November 2022, Hansika took to her Instagram account to announce her engagement with the Indian businessman Sohail Kathuria. Sohail is a business partner of Hansika in the event management partnership firm ‘Hansika Motwani Events LLP.’ Sohail was earlier married to a girl named Rinky, and Hansika was friends with his ex-wife. She even attended his first wedding in 2016.
While working together, Sohail and Hansika became good friends. They then started dating each other, and after dating for a few years, Sohail proposed to Hansika for marriage at the Eiffel Tower in Paris, in 2022.
- In 2022, some media sources revealed that Sohail and Hansika would tie the knot on 4 December 2022 at Mundota Fort and Palace in Jaipur. India Today
- Hansika drinks alcohol occasionally. Instagram- Hansika Motwani
- She uploads videos of her personal life on her self-titled YouTube channel.