Some Lesser Known Facts About Dinesh Shetty
- Dinesh Shetty is an Indian entrepreneur who is known for winning the show ‘India’s Ultimate Warrior’ in 2022 on Discovery Plus.
- He was the head boy of his school and general secretary of his college when he was a student.
- When Dinesh was a teenager, he weighed 100 kgs. In an interview, he shared what motivated him for weight loss and said,
I gained a lot of weight during my job days and reached almost 100kg. I was heavily overweight and one day in a mall I saw myself in the big mirror & boom, that was the day I realised I have to get back into shape. I started slowly and saw where I was. I always say if I can do this, anyone can do this and that too without fancy diets. You can opt for a healthy lifestyle and see the magic happening with your determination.”
- In 2022, he won the show India’s Ultimate Warrior after defeating sixteen contestants on the show. He received prize money of Rs. 20 Lakh. He also received a lifetime of training at Tiger Muay Thai in Thailand. In an interview, he talked about the show and said,
I am thankful to Discovery for coming up with such a concept and giving people like me a platform to showcase our skills and passion. India’s Ultimate Warrior has also enabled me to make some bonds I would always be grateful for. I am glad to have had Mykel Hawke as my mentor who did everything in his capacity to push my limits and help me shine. Moreover, it was an honour to have the incredible Vidyut Jammwal as our dojo master, who led us with utmost grit and spirit.”
- After he won the show, Discovery Plus shared a post on Instagram and wrote,
Entered the ring as a businessman, left as a warrior! Presenting to you, #IndaisUltimateWarrior – Bharat ka Naya Mahayoddha: Dinesh Shetty.”
- In an interview, he said that he participated in the show because he wanted to see what he was capable of. He also added that he had never stayed away from work for so long.
- He was proud of the cap that he received from his mentor Mykel Hawke who is a Green Beret in the US Army in the show.
- Dinesh is the founder of the event management company ‘Production Crew.’ The company was founded in 2009.
- He is also an active social worker and runs an NGO ‘FootSteps’ with his friends.
- He is a passionate animal lover and has rescued a one-eyed horse. He also runs a horse riding school.
- He is often spotted having hookah on various occasions.
- Dinesh is a fitness enthusiast. His fitness regime includes boxing, cross-fit, weight training, and horse riding.
- He often posts videos about a healthy lifestyle on social media.
- He also practises Kalari, an Indian martial art form that was originated in Kerala.
- He is a follower of Lord Shiva and has many tattoos of Lord Shiva inked on his body.