|Real name||Doncel Brown|
|Profession(s)||Designer and Entrepreneur|
|Famous role||Generation Typo (Designer)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight||in pounds- 220 lbs|
|Date of Birth||July 19, 1996|
|Age (as of 2021)||25 Years|
|School||North Point High School|
|College/University||College of Southern Maryland|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• College Dropout
• Certifications from - Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, LG, Google, and Magnolia
|Address||Currently Located in the DMV (D.C, Maryland, and Virginia)|
|Hobbies||Fashion Design, Augmented Reality Design, Travel, Entrepreneurship|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Doncel Brown
- Doncel Brown is a creative that grew up in the Tech industry. He has worked for the largest tech companies in the world and decided to pursue his passion for design and entrepreneurship full time in October 2021.
- He was brought up in both Arizona & the DMV (DC, Maryland, and Virginia).
- He dropped out of college after his first year, due to his career in the Tech Industry advancing very quickly and started to pay him more than what he would have made after graduating college. He took a bet on and it paid off in multiple ways.
- The main two things that motivate him are being able to take care of those who he cares about and creating the ideas that he thought of and bringing them into the physical world. Fashion Design has allowed him to express himself in ways that he previously thought were not possible.
- In an interview, while talking about his mentor, he said,
I have had many great mentors in my life over the years, including Ayo Odunsi, Tim Woods, Darrick Angelone, and Bruce Lansdowne just to name a few. I have yet to find a mentor in the Fashion Industry though. That’s something I am putting a lot of focus on right now.”
- He further shared the most and least things he liked about working in this field. He said,
The thing I love the most about working in Fashion is the ability to create something that someone feels great in. Giving them the power back in their lives, and helping them express their emotions at that time. The most difficult part about it however is the lack of resources. It takes a lot of funding to produce a complete piece, from concept to manufacturing, and finally bulk production. Finding ways to fund these ideas and get support from lenders can be tough.”
- He is really proud of the fact that he decided to bet on himself once again and step away from big tech. Following his true passion for design and seeing all that he has accomplished in just a short year. Multiple fashion shows, news appearances, and even sold out items. The only thing he would change is making that bet on himself earlier.
- He wants to build Generation Typo up to truly be the brand that sparks dialogue across different generations and cultures. Even the thought of becoming a larger brand that is available in stores and sponsoring events that promote this dialogue is truly his dream.
- His main tasks and skill sets are:
- Fashion Design
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Consulting
- Augmented Reality Design
- He was one of the youngest members to join the leadership teams for multiple Tech Fortune 500 companies.
- His message to the public is,
- He believes that everyone has something of value they can offer. The best ideas and brands are developed from a diversity of thought. Life is too short not to bet on yourself as much as you can.
- His current opportunity would be to expand the audience, finding better ways to bring people along this journey he is taking.
- Some of his favourites are his family, design, business, travel, and food.