Age: 66 Years
Marital Status: Divorced
|Full Name||William Henry "Bill" Gates III|
|Profession(s)||Entrepreneur, American Business Magnate, Investor, Author and Philanthropist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|LinkedIn Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Greyish Blue|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1955|
|Age (as of 2021)||66 Years|
|Birthplace||Seattle, Washington, USA|
|Hometown||Seattle, Washington, USA|
|College||Harvard College, Harvard University|
|Family||Father- William H. Gates Sr.
Mother- Mary Maxwell Gates
Sister- Libby Gates,
|Religion||Christianity (He attends a Roman Catholic Church) INSIDER|
|Hobbies||Playing Golf and Tennis|
|Controversies||In 2007, the Los Angeles Times criticized Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for investing its assets in companies which have been accused of worsening poverty, polluting heavily, and pharmaceutical companies that do not sell into the developing world|
|Food||Thai and Indian food,
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Note: On 3 May 2021, Bill Gates and Melinda Gates announced their divorce after 27 years of marriage. BBC
|Marriage Date||January 1, 1994|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Melinda Gates (1987-1994)|
|Children||Son- Rory John Gates
Daughter- Jennifer Katharine Gates, Phoebe Adele Gates
|Net Worth||$127.9 billion (as of October 2021) The Indian Express|
|Cars Collection||Porche 911
|Jet Collection||THE Bombardier BD-700 Global Express,
Boeing Business Jet
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bill Gates
- Does Bill Gates smoke?: Not Known
- Does Bill Gates drink alcohol?: Yes
- Bill Gates was fanatical about Computers and Programming.
- Gates admitted in Lakeside School, one of handful schools in the US with a computer terminal at the time.
- Gates first computer program ever was a tic-tac-toe game.
- Gates hacked his school program to schedule students in classes, changing the code so that he was placed in classes with “disproportionate number of interesting girls.”
- Gates graduated from Lakeside School with a score of 1590 out of 1600, and then went to Harvard in 1973 where he met Steve Balmer.
- In 1975, Gates dropped out of Harvard and joined his childhood friend Paul Allen to form a company which they named “Micro-Soft.” The hyphen fell off within a year.
- In 1977 he was arrested in New Mexico for driving without a license.
- Gates paid $30.1 million at an auction in 1994 for the Codex Leicester, a collection of writing by Leonardo Da Vinci.
- His net worth briefly surpassed $101 billion 1999, causing the media to call “cent billionaire.”
- A money machine in the most authentic sense of the word would show that Gates makes in average about $250 per second, $15,000 per minute, and almost $20 million every day.
- From 1995 until 2007, Gates was the richest man on the Earth, before being dethroned momentarily by Mukesh Ambani.
- If he was a country, Gates would be the 37th richest country on earth.
- Xanadu 2.0, Gates family mansion, brags a 17-by-60-foot swimming pool with underground music system and a floor painted in a fossil motif.
- In 1987, Gates was included in the Forbes list of the world’s wealthiest people.
- In February 2014, he stepped down as chairman of Microsoft, taking on a new post as technology adviser to support newly appointed CEO Satya Nadella.
- Bill and Melinda Gates have said that they intend to leave their three children with $10 million each as their inheritance. With only $30 million kept in the family, they would spend all their wealth in charity about 99.96 percent of their wealth.
- In July 2022, shared his 48-year-old resume, his first resume, addressing his followers that he was sure that their resume looks better than his. While sharing the resume on social media, he wrote,
Whether you’re a recent grad or a college dropout, I’m sure your resume looks a lot better than mine did 48 years ago.”