Some Lesser Known Facts About Bill Gates
- Does Bill Gates smoke?: Not Known
- Does Bill Gates drink alcohol?: Yes
- Bill Gates was fanatical about Computers and Programming.
- Gates admitted in Lakeside School, one of handful schools in the US with a computer terminal at the time.
- Gates first computer program ever was a tic-tac-toe game.
- Gates hacked his school program to schedule students in classes, changing the code so that he was placed in classes with “disproportionate number of interesting girls.”
- Gates graduated from Lakeside School with a score of 1590 out of 1600, and then went to Harvard in 1973 where he met Steve Balmer.
- In 1975, Gates dropped out of Harvard and joined his childhood friend Paul Allen to form a company which they named “Micro-Soft.” The hyphen fell off within a year.
- In 1977 he was arrested in New Mexico for driving without a license.
- Gates paid $30.1 million at an auction in 1994 for the Codex Leicester, a collection of writing by Leonardo Da Vinci.
- His net worth briefly surpassed $101 billion 1999, causing the media to call “cent billionaire.”
- A money machine in the most authentic sense of the word would show that Gates makes in average about $250 per second, $15,000 per minute, and almost $20 million every day.
- From 1995 until 2007, Gates was the richest man on the Earth, before being dethroned momentarily by Mukesh Ambani.
- If he was a country, Gates would be the 37th richest country on earth.
- Xanadu 2.0, Gates family mansion, brags a 17-by-60-foot swimming pool with underground music system and a floor painted in a fossil motif.
- In 1987, Gates was included in the Forbes list of the world’s wealthiest people.
- In February 2014, he stepped down as chairman of Microsoft, taking on a new post as technology adviser to support newly appointed CEO Satya Nadella.
- Bill and Melinda Gates have said that they intend to leave their three children with $10 million each as their inheritance. With only $30 million kept in the family, they would spend all their wealth in charity about 99.96 percent of their wealth.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)