|Full Name||Haradanahalli Devegowda Kumaraswamy|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Film Producer|
|Famous For||Being the Son of H. D. Deve Gowda (Former Prime Minister of India)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Political Party||Janata Dal (Secular)
|Political Journey||1996: Entered politics and won from Kanakapura (in Ramanagara District) in the 1996 general elections.
1998: Contested from Kanakapura and lost to M. V. Chandrashekara Murthy.
1999: Contested unsuccessfully for a Sathanur assembly seat.
2004: Elected to represent the Ramanagara assembly segment.
2006: On 4 February, became the 18th Chief Minister of Karnataka and served till 9 October 2007.
2009: Re-elected to 15th Lok Sabha (2nd term).
2013: On 31 May, became the Leader of Opposition in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly.
2014: Elected as Karnataka state Janata Dal (Secular) President.
2018: Elected from the Channapatna constituency.
|Biggest Rival||B. S. Yeddyurappa|
|Date of Birth||16 December 1959|
|Age (as in 2017)||58 Years|
|Birthplace||Haradanahalli, Mysore State, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Hassan, Karnataka, India|
|School(s)||Name Not Known (a government school in Hassan District, Karnataka)
MES Educational Institution, Jayanagar, Bangalore
Vijaya College, Karnataka
|College/University||National College, Jayanagar, Bangalore|
|Educational Qualification(s)||PUC from Vijaya College
B.Sc. from National College
|Caste||Vokkaliga (Other Backward Class; OBC)|
|Address||No. 286, III Main Road, IIIrd Phase, J.P.Nagar, Bangalore-560078|
|Hobbies||Reading, Listening to Music, Watching Films|
|Controversies||• He is facing charges in Janthakal Mining scam. As per the charge, he allegedly pressured a senior bureaucrat to renew Janthakal Enterprise's lease of iron ore mining for 40 years on the basis of forged documents.
• He is accused of bigamy, which is illegal according to Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 of India. His second marriage to Kannada actress Radhika Kumaraswamy was in violation of law as he was married with to his first wife Anitha.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Radhika Kumaraswamy (Actress, Film Producer)|
|Marriage Date(s)||First Marriage- Year, 1986
Second Marriage- Year, 2006
|Wife/Spouse||First Wife- Anitha Kumaraswamy
Second Wife- Radhika Kumaraswamy (Actress, Film Producer)
|Children||Son- H. K. Nikhil Gowda (Actor; from his first wife)
Daughter- Shamika K. Swamy (from his second wife)
|Parents||Father- H. D. Deve Gowda (Former Prime Minister of India)
|Siblings||Brothers- H. D. Revanna (Politician), H. D. Balakrishna Gowda, H. D. Ramesh
Sisters- H. D. Anusuya, H. D. Shailaja
|Favourite Politician||H. D. Deve Gowda|
|Favourite Actor||Rajkumar (Kannada Actor)|
|Cars Collection||Lamborghini, Porsche, Hummer, Range Rover|
|Assets/Properties||Jewellery: Worth ₹75 Lakh|
|Salary (as an MLA from Karnataka)||₹98000 + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹150 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About H. D. Kumaraswamy
- Does H. D. Kumaraswamy smoke?: Not Known
- Does H. D. Kumaraswamy drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born into a family of politicians, as his father, H. D. Deve Gowda has served as the 11th Prime Minister of India.
- Kumaraswamy belongs to a Vokkaliga caste family, categorised as the Other Backward Class by the Indian Government.
- After completing his graduation, he entered the politics in 1996 and elected as a Lok Sabha Member from Kanakapura (in Ramanagara District).
- In 1998, Kumaraswamy saw his worst defeat ever when he lost to M. V. Chandrashekara Murthy from Kankapura by such a margin that he even forfeited his deposit.
- The 2004 State Elections saw a hung assembly, and when Dharam Singh of the Congress was unanimously elected to head the coalition government of Congress and JDS, Kumaraswamy, along with 42 MLAs, left the coalition and the government collapsed.
- On 28 January 2006, the then Governor of Karnataka invited Kumaraswamy to form the government and he served as the Chief Minister of Karnataka from 4 February 2006 to 9 October 2007.
- During his tenure as the Chief Minister, Karnataka’s GDP recorded all-time high and he became popular as People’s CM.
- During an interview, he revealed that initially, he was not interested in politics and was very much into film-making.
- Kumaraswamy has produced several successful Kannada films including Chandra Chakori, which was a huge hit, with 365 day-run in theatres.
- He is a huge fan of Kannada actor thespian Rajkumar and used to wear similar clothes, which Rajkumar wore in the movies.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)