Faisal Hasnain Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Physical Stats & More|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Natural Black|
|Career Highlights||• 2002-2008 & 2010-2017- Chief Financial Officer, International Cricket Council
• 2017-2018- Managing Director, Zimbabwe Cricket
• 2010- Chief Executive Officer, Dubai Golf
• 2009-2010- Chief Operating Officer, Dubai Golf
• 2008- Chief Operating Officer, Dubai Event Management Company
• 1992-2002- Financial Controller, Citigroup/Saudi American Bank, London
• 1989-1992- Manager, Ernst & Young, Riyadh
• 1986-1989- Assistant Vice-President, Corporate Finance, Chase Manhattan, Karachi
• 1979-1985- Senior Auditor, Westbury & Company, London
|Date of Birth||10 May 1959 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||62 Years|
|School||Karachi Grammar School|
|College/University||• Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
• Ealing College, London, UK
Some Lesser Known Facts About Faisal Hasnain
- Faisal Hasnain is the UK-qualified Chartered Accountant who has experience of over 35 years in high-profile finance and sports administrative roles with some of the leading blue-chip organizations in the world.
- On 13 December 2021, he became the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for three years. His tenure was started on January 2022. He has replaced Wasim Khan who has quit from the role in September 2021 after New Zealand and England abandoned their tours in limited-overs format to Pakistan.
- After his confirmation as the PCB’s CEO, Ramiz Raja the Chief of Pakistan Cricket Board said,
“I am delighted to confirm the appointment of Faisal Hasnain as the PCB’s Chief Executive and welcome him to the Pakistan cricket family. Faisal is a familiar figure in world cricket and is highly regarded, respected, and trusted for his excellence in corporate governance, financial management, and commercial acumen. With the plans I have for the PCB, Faisal will be a perfect fit as he can utilize his vast experience and knowledge to help us achieve our commercial and financial objectives of making Pakistan cricket bigger and stronger.”
While Faisal Hasnain on his appointment said,
“I feel honored and privileged to have been awarded this once in a lifetime opportunity to serve Pakistan cricket and thank the PCB Chairman and the Board of Governors for having the confidence in my capabilities. I am fully committed to playing my part in delivering the PCB Chairman’s vision for Pakistan cricket, fulfilling the expectations and dreams of millions of passionate Pakistan cricket fans and strengthening the relationships with our existing commercial partners, the ICC and other Cricket Boards, and developing new partnerships as we move forward. These are highly exciting times in Pakistan cricket and I look forward to working very closely with my colleagues at the PCB so that we can collectively further enhance the image, reputation, and profile of this great institution.”
- When he was the ICC’s Chief Financial Officer, he was managing a financial portfolio of around $3 billion. Also, he was involved in the sales of ICC’s commercial rights for the 2007-2015 and 2016-2023 commercial cycles.
- He became the managing director of Zimbabwe Cricket when they were in deep financial debt. Faisal then secured the ZC’s funding and secured the hosting rights for the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2018 – Zimbabwe’s first global event in 15 years.