Nazneen Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Age: 62 Years
Marital Status: Married
|Full Name||Nazneen Merchant|
|Famous Role||‘Kunti’ in the Indian epic television series “Mahabharat"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film: Sa-Re-Ga-Ma-Pa (1972)
TV: Mahabharat (1988)
|Date of Birth||23 Febuary 1958 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||Hill Grange High School, Mumbai|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Name Not Known|
Daughter(s)- Kausar Merchant, Kehkashan Merchant
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Owned a printing press)
Mother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nazneen
- Nazneen was born in a middle-class Muslim family in Kolkata.
- She wanted to become an air hostess right from her childhood.
- Nazneen’s mother was not happy with her decision to become an air hostess as she thought that it was not safe for Nazneen.
- Nazneen is the relative of the film producer, Yusuf Teendarwazwala.
- Once, when she was attending a party hosted by Teendarwazwala, the film director, Satyen Bose, spotted her and offered her a role in his film “Sa-Re-Ga-Ma-Pa” (1972).
- Next, she signed a two film contract with the film director, Satyen Bose, but the films were never made.
- The film director, suggested Nazneen to use the screen name Suparna or Sonali, but she preferred not to change her name for the films.
- Subsequently, she bagged the role of Jaya Bachchan‘s sister in the film “Kora Kagaz.”
- The film directors thought that Nazneen looked very similar to Jaya and offered her to play Jaya’s sister in many films, but she rejected them all; as she wanted to play the lead roles.
- She has worked in around 22 films in her career.
- Some of her films include “Chalte Chalte” (1976), “Fauji” (1976), “Dildaar” (1977), “Khuda Kasam” (1981) and “Do Ustad” (1982).
- Nazneen did a bikini scene in the film “Chalte Chalte.” She carried a bikini in the film to prove the film directors that she is not just made for the side roles, but can very well play the lead in a film.
- Nazneen as also worked as a leading lady in a few “B” class films.
- In 1988, she gained immense popularity by playing the role of ‘Kunti’ in the epic television series “Mahabharat.”
- Nazneen is the neice of the veteran Bollywood actress, Mumtaz Begum.
- She attended the same school as actress, Neetu Singh.
- Nazneen is often mistaken to be the former actress, Aloka (Wife of actor, Ranjeet); as Aloka’s real name is also Nazneen.