Age: 53 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Some Lesser Known Facts About Renuka Israni
- Renuka Israni was born in a middle-class family in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- As a child, she wanted to become a doctor.
- When Israni turned 15, an astrologer predicted that she would make a big name in the entertainment world.
- While in college, she was an all-rounder gold medalist.
- After graduating, she relocated to Delhi and got enrolled in the National School of Drama.
- She bagged the TV serial “Hum Log” during her stay in the NSD (National School of Drama).
- In 1988, she gained immense popularity by playing the role of ‘Gandhari’ in the TV series “Mahabharat.”
- In 1993, Renuka made her film debut with the film “Meera Ke Girdhar.”
- She has featured in many films including “Karamati Coat,” “Teri Payal Mere Geet,” “Jooth Bole Kauwa Kaate,” and “Rishtey.”
- In 2011, she appeared in the TV serial “Bade Achhe Lagte Hain” as ‘Shipra.’
- During her entire acting career, she has featured in around 70-80 TV serials and 10-15 films.
- Apart from being an actress, Israni is also a writer and a poet.
- She has a firm belief in Buddhism.
- In the TV series Renuka played the role of Puneet Issar‘s (Duryodhan) mother (Gandhari). Surprisingly, she is 7 years younger to him in real life.
- After playing the role of ‘Shipra’ in the TV serial “Bade Achhe Lagte Hain,” she took a break from acting; as she wanted to look after her aged parents.
- In an interview, Israni shared that she had played the role of ‘Gandhari’ even before she was cast in “Mahabharat.” Renuka said,
I played ‘Andhayug’ in Manipuri style, in which my character was of Gandhari. That is why I knew about this character deeply.”