Some Lesser Known Facts About Gnaneswari Kandregula
- Gnaneswari Kandregula is an Indian actress who primarily works in the Tamil and Telugu entertainment industry.
- While she dreamt of attending IIT or IIM, she wanted to earn a master’s degree in business administration. So, after one of her professors advised that she should get some work experience before applying for an MBA, she accepted a job at an MNC. However, she did not see herself in that field and decided to become an entrepreneur.
- Gnaneswari gives her mother credit for making her a brave woman. In an interview, she expressed her appreciation for her mother and recalled how she had always been outgoing due to the encouragement she had from her mother to sing and dance at social occasions.
- When asked how she got into acting, Gnaneswari explained that after appearing in a short film, she started getting calls from production companies. A filmmaker also messaged her after viewing her Facebook profile. Gananeswari replied sarcastically, thinking it was a prank call. Later, she discovered that it was a real call for the film Dear Comrade. Director Bharath Kamma later met her, and he was impressed.
- Gnaneswari took the CAT exam, however, she was unsuccessful. She said in an interview that although she had been offered multiple roles in web series, she chose to retake the exam.
I appeared for the CAT exam and the result was not encouraging, I felt short of very few marks. I had another one long year to give the exam again and meanwhile many were asking me to act in a web series. I thought I’ll try and in the remaining months I will use it for studies. The web series was to wrap up in 20 days and it went on for 3 months. I worked in a reality show too and it fetched me name, fame. I was also a part of a demo film and the director wanted to make the demo film as a feature film. There were a couple of romantic scenes which I thought could never pull off. Later I said yes after a long wait and it was released. Right now it is on Amazon Prime and then I got into Senapathi.”
- Gnaneswari opened a restaurant in Vizag while she was a college student a the age of 19. Her father and sister helped her out financially.
I hope people also start liking what I do. The restaurant was doing good and I became very well-known in my college and the city. Also, I was just 19 doing this with support from my father. My sister, an advocate, also chipped in her bit. Around this time, one of my friends wanted me to do a short film and I just couldn’t say no. I did it for him, we shot that for six hours and people really loved it. It reached many people.”
- In 2018, she appeared as a contestant in the show Pellichoopulu hosted by Pradeep Machiraju. The show was based on Pradeep’s hunt to find a perfect girl and marry her. Gnaneswari won the show; however, the wedding didn’t take place; she performed her first-ever ramp walk in this show.
- In 2019, she starred in a Telugu short film titled Peru Leni Manishi (Man With No Name), which was written and directed by Sreedhar K Rao.
- She appeared in several Telugu films including Nee Jathaga (2021) and Chakravyuham: The Trap (2023).
- In 2019, she appeared as Shruthi in the TV series Oka Love Janta.
- After appearing in the film Mr and Miss (2021), Gnaneswari worked in the film #MayaLo (2022) which was in post-production when Senapati (2021) was offered to her.
- She once revealed in an interview during childhood, she didn’t watch any films. While talking about her views on the OTT platforms and said,
To me, it is totally new and for someone who hasn’t watched films in childhood..this was a blessing. During the pandemic, the OTT came out with amazing cinema, world cinema. There is no hero or heroine and we can’t bluff the audience about box office numbers. OTT has standards, it has quality, script and acting. It is a big thing and is opening gates for a lot of aspiring people and I still feel bad for those who look down upon OTT. No one imagined a pandemic like this would turn things upside down. It gives a better viewing experience. A big screen is always a big screen. Nothing can beat it. Enjoying a film with a crowd is different but chilling with your family and getting to forward something that doesn’t fit your interest works for many.”
- She played the role of Shashi/Sasi in the film Mr & Miss directed by T. Ashok Kumar Reddy in 2021.
- When asked about how she got the offer to play Satya in the Tamil film Senapathi (2021), she said that the executive producer had contacted her at random. She further added,
Everyone is suddenly talking about Senapathi. Pavan’s confidence is great. The executive producer randomly called and said it would be great if I send a video. The director called me to the office and told me about the original Tamil film. He made many changes and gave a brief overview of the characters. The magic started when we started shooting. It is already a hit film in Tamil, but once it started, the director’s confidence in the making was great. He made sure the audience got engaged. He had initially told me to watch the Tamil film and briefed me, said that in the original – the heroine hasn’t much to play, here we increased the journey with the actor. In the second half, there are only two scenes. To be honest, the story doesn’t ask for my presence.”
- She appeared in the web series 3Cs – Choices, Chances, and Changes which aired on SonyLiv Originals in 2023.
- Although Gnaneswari Kandregula subsequently realized she was an introvert, she had always thought of herself as an extrovert. She once mentioned in an interview how much she enjoyed being by herself and having her own space.
I always thought I was an extrovert, I recently found that I am an introvert. Extrovert is something I am showing the world, otherwise I like my space and very much like to be myself.”
- She consumes alcoholic beverages occasionally.