|Real Name||Gopalakrishna Ronanki|
|Profession||Primary school teacher|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||Year: 1987|
|Age (as in 2017)||30 Years|
|Birth Place||Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Not Known|
|Hometown||Parasamba village, Palasa block, Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh|
|School||Government Junior College, Palasa, Andhra Pradesh|
|College||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam|
|Educational Qualifications||Two years Teachers' Training Course
|Family||Father-Ronanki Appa Rao (Farmer of Parasamba village in Palasa block)
Mother- Rukminamma (agricultural labourer)
Brother- R K Konda Rao (Banker)
Sister- Not Known
|Controversy||Nearly a month after ranking third in the Civil Services Exam 2017, Ronanki was issued a couple of notices by the Hyderabad High Court issued notices in relevance to the disability certificate that he had submitted to the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) while applying for the exam. The action was taken after advocate M. Muralikrishna filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) stating that Ronanki's disability is not so grave as to declare him physically challenged, and that, he had faked his disability. He could only score 91.34 against 110.66, the cut-off marks to clear the preliminary exam for OBC candidates. However, since he had produced a 45% disability certificate, the cut-off plunged to just 75.34, resulting in Ronanki being qualified for the mains exam.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gopalakrishna Ronanki
- Gopalkrishna hails from a very poor family. He didn’t even have electricity at his home in his school days.
- He secured 3rd rank in UPSC 2016 exam, this was his 4th attempt. He secured 1,101 marks (54.37 per cent).
- Before cracking UPSC 2016, Ronanki was working as a teacher in a government primary school since last 11 years.
- Since he had pursued his studies in Telugu Medium, he chose “Telugu literature” as his optional subject in UPSC 2016 mains.
- On request, Ronanki was allowed by UPSC to give personality test interview in Telugu.
- He is a devotee of Sai Baba.
- He stays away from social media.
- Ronanki never told his parents about his dream of becoming an IAS officer for which he had been preparing for last 10 years. He broke the news to his parents after getting selected. His parents had no clue that their son will become an IAS officer.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)