|Full Name||Gursharan Kaur Gujral|
|Famous For||Being the wife of Manmohan Singh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 152 cm
in meters- 1.52 m
in feet inches- 5’
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||13 September 1937|
|Age (as in 2018)||81 Years|
|Birthplace||Jalandhar, British India (now in India)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|School||• A Singh Sabha school for girls
• Guru Nanak Kanya Pathshala, Amritsar Outlook India
|College/University||• Government College for Women, Patiala (Graduate)
• Khalsa College, Amritsar (B.T.) Outlook India
|Educational Qualification||• Graduate
• Bachelor of Teaching (B.T.) Outlook India
|Caste||Khatri Hindustan Times|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Telegraph India|
|Political Inclination||Indian National Congress (INC)|
|Address||H. No 3989, Nandan Nagar, Village Sarumotoria, Guwahati My Neta|
|Hobbies||Singing Gurbani, Travelling, Reading|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||14 September 1958|
|Husband/Spouse||Manmohan Singh (Politician, m. 1958-present)
• Amrit Singh (Human Rights Lawyer)
• Daman Singh (Writer)
• Upinder Singh (Historian)
|Parents||Father- Chattar Singh Gujral (An Engineer in Burmah-Shell)
Mother- Sardarni Bhagwanti Kaur (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- 1 (Younger)
|Favourite Food||Odia Cuisines|
|Favourite Food Outlet||Mother Dairy India Today|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹11 crore (as in 2014) My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gursharan Kaur
- Gursharan was born into a middle-class trading business family with roots in Dhakam village in Jhelum district.
- She was an average student who was more interested in games and kirtans.
- She aspired to be a school teacher.
- She is devoutly religious and is known for her soothing voice when she sings verses in Gurbani.
- She was an infant when her father was transferred to Nowshera near Peshawar in Pakistan. In 1947, when she was 10 years old, her father was transferred from Lahore to Amritsar, where they narrowly escaped the massacre during the partition of India.
- After her arranged marriage with Manmohan Singh, the couple started living in Sector 11, Chandigarh, where she used to perform kirtan and songs for All India Radio. In 1961, her husband earned a scholarship to do a doctorate from Nuffield College, Oxford, after which she accompanied him with their daughter, Upinder Singh.
- When her husband became the Prime Minister of India in 2004, Gursharan came to know about it from TV News and not from her husband.
- In 2014, her daughter, Daman Singh wrote a book titled ‘Strictly Personal: Manmohan and Gursharan.’
- In 2019, Divya Seth portrayed her role in the biographical political film ‘The Accidental Prime Minister,’ where Anupam Kher portrayed the role of Manmohan Singh.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography
References/Sources: [ + ]