Husband: Siddhartha Shah
Hometown: New Delhi
Education: Bachelor Of Arts
|Full Name||Divya Seth Shah|
|Famous Role||‘Majli’ in the Doordarshan TV serial ‘Hum Log’ (1984)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Debut||TV: Hum Log (1984)
Film: Jab We Met (2007)
|Date of Birth||2 April|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Convent of Jesus and Mary, New Delhi|
|College/University||St. Stephen's College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (B. A.) in English Literature Facebook|
|Hobbies||Cycling, Reading, Cooking, Travelling, and Writing|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Ashish Balram Nagpal (Actor-Director, Rumoured) IMDb
|Marriage Date||12 November 1999
|Children||Daughter- Mihika Seth
|Parents||Father- Dhruv Seth (Businessman)
Mother- Sushma Seth (Actress)
|Siblings||Brother- Kavi Seth
Sister- Priya Seth
|Actor(s)||Rohit Roy, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Writer(s)||Gabriel Garcia Marquez, John Irving|
- Does Divya Seth drink alcohol?: Yes
- Divya Seth is a well known Indian television and film actress.
- She was born in Delhi to the famous Indian actress, Sushma Seth.
- Divya Seth received training in acting at Barry John’s theatre in Delhi along with Shah Rukh Khan.
- She is one of the best friends of Shah Rukh Khan from her theatre days. They even worked together in Lekh Tandon’s TV serial named ‘Dil Darya’ in 1988.
- She is a well known theatre artist and has acted in many theatre plays.
- Divya Seth received huge fame in 1984, with her debut TV serial ‘Hum Log’ in which she played the character of ‘Majli.’ Her mother, Sushma Seth, has also acted in this serial.
- Her other notable daily soaps are ‘Adhikaar’ (1988), ‘Daraar’ (1994), ‘Sparsh’ (1998), and ‘Abhimaan’ (1999).
- After her TV serial ‘Sparsh’ (1999), she took a break from acting for almost five years, following her marriage.
- Divya made her comeback in 2005, with the TV serial ‘Sarkarr: Rishton Ki Ankahi Kahani’ in which she played the lead role of ‘Priyamvada Vir Pratap Singh’. The serial was aired on Zee TV.
- She is a well-recognized artist in Bollywood films. In her debut film, “Jab We Met” (2007), she played the role of Aditya’s (Shahid Kapoor) mother. The film was released overseas also and was a worldwide hit.
- Some of her Hindi films as an actor are ‘English Vinglish’ (2012) as Rupal’s mother, ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ (2015) as Saira Hashmi, and ‘Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi’ (2017) as Vir Das‘s mother.
- In 2019, she essayed the role of Gursharan Kaur, wife of the former Prime Minister of India “Manmohan Singh,” in the film ‘The Accidental Prime Minister.’ The film is based on the controversial book ‘The Accidental Prime Minister: The Making and Unmaking of Manmohan Singh‘ by Sanjaya Baru.
- Divya Seth is an avid animal lover and has a few pet dogs including Simba and Maple.
- She is an environmentalist and calls herself a tree protector.
- She follows a Yoga regime to stay fit.
- She is a hookah lover.
References/Sources: [ + ]