|Known For||Being the second wife of Sadashivrao Bhau|
|Date of Birth||6 April 1734|
|Birth Place||Phaltan, Maratha Empire (Now Maharashtra, India)|
|Date of Death||23 September 1763|
|Place of Death||Satara, Maratha Empire (Now Maharashtra, India)|
|Age (at the time of death)||29 Years|
|Hometown||Pen, Maratha Empire (Now Maharashtra, India)|
|Family||Names Not Known|
|Relationships & More|
Note- She had two step-sons
Some Lesser Known Facts About Parvatibai
- Parvatibai belonged to Kolhatkar family of Pen region of Maharashtra.
- She was the second wife of Sadashivrao Bhau after his first wife, Umabai died.
- Parvatibai was the daughter-in-law of Chimaji Appa who was the younger brother of Bajirao Peshwa of Maratha Empire.
- Her husband Sadashivrao Bhau was a Diwan of Peshwa and Commander-in-chief of Maratha Army. Her husband was the main belligerent of the Maratha Army in the third battle of Panipat against Ahmad Shah Durrani.
- During the third battle of Panipat, she helped and accompanied her husband. When her husband died in the battle, she refused to accept the death of her husband and didn’t live the life of a widow for the rest of her life.
- During the battle of Panipat, she accidentally met Malharrao Holkar, a noble in the Maratha Empire on her escape route. Holkar rescued her off.
- Parvatibai’s niece Radhikabai was married to Vishwasrao, son of Balaji Baji Rao, Peshwa of Pune of the Maratha Empire.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)