Death Date: 31/05/2007
Death Cause: Maha Samadhi
Age: 55 Years
|Real name||Nirmal Singhji Maharaj|
|Other Names||• Dugri Wale Guruji
• Shukrana Guruji
• Pyaare Guruji
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Date of Birth||7 July, 1952 (Monday)|
|Birthplace||Dugri village at Malerkotla, Punjab|
|Date of Death||31 May 2007 (Thursday)|
|Place of Death||New Delhi
|Age (at the time of death)||55 Years|
|Death Cause||Maha Samadhi|
|School||Govt. Primary School, Dugri|
|Educational Qualification||Masters's degree in economics and political science|
|Controversies||• Allegations of Rape Against the Nephew of 'Guruji' National Herald India
Allegedly, Navdeep Singh, who is also known as Gaurav and is the nephew of 'Guruji,' was accused in 2021 of sexually assaulting a woman named Asha. Asha claims that she met Gaurav at the temple with her family in 2013, and he gradually began to pay more attention to her.
Reportedly, in March 2019, Gaurav called Asha to discuss a dream he had about her and the future of the sect. He requested Asha to meet him on April 4, 2019 and sent his vehicle to pick her up. Asha was allegedly taken to a farmhouse near the temple where Gaurav told her that Guruji had appeared in his dream and told him that Asha was destined to be his wife and bear a male child to continue Guruji's legacy.
Gaurav allegedly gave Asha a drugged religious offering that made her feel lifeless and lightheaded. Then, he conducted a 'marriage' ceremony by chanting shlokas in front of a 'havan' before allegedly raping her in another room. Over the next several months, Gaurav allegedly took Asha to the farmhouse or a nearby hotel, where he promised her that his divorce would be finalized soon.
In September 2019, Asha's husband asked her about her frequent visits outside the home, and she revealed her relationship with Gaurav. Her husband applied for a divorce, and when Gaurav found out that Asha had informed her husband, he reportedly began to avoid her and later threatened her. Asha approached the Vikas Puri police station on September 5, 2020, after recovering from the alleged ordeal, to register a complaint. The final verdict is still pending, and these are all allegations.
|Tattoo||On hand: An Om Tattoo
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Shri Mast Ramji (farmer)
Mother- Late Smt. Surjit Kaur
|Siblings||Brother- 1 elder and 1 younger
Sister- Krishna (younger)
|Assets/Properties||• The Bada Mandir, Chattarpur, Delhi
• The Chota Mandir or Empire Estate house, MG Road, Delhi
• Jalandhar Mandir, Punjab
• Dugri Mandir, Malerkotla, Sangrur
• Guru Mandir, Somerset, New Jersey
• Guru Mandir, Edison, New Jersey
Some Lesser Known Facts About Guru Ji Chattarpur Wale
- After completing his education, Guruji left his home to assist people in their spiritual journeys. He traveled to various locations, including Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Panchkula, Delhi, and Mumbai, before eventually settling in a house in Defence Colony, Jalandhar, now famously known as his temple.
- Guruji encourages people to focus on their sufferings by meditating on them. He does not advocate idol worship or prescribe any particular customs to his followers, nor does he deliver pravachans or suggest elaborate rituals. Instead, he promotes practical learning and encourages his followers to establish a direct connection with him through meditation and prayer.
- Guruji highlights the curative power of prasāda and discourages wastage. His devotees believe that the langar prasad, chai prasad, and jal prasad prepared and served in front of his photograph continue to receive his blessings.
- Many of his followers believe that Guruji is an incarnation of the Hindu deity Lord Shiva.
- Despite his family’s objections, Guruji often went to sit at the Dera. His father wanted him to receive a Master of Arts degree, so he only studied to fulfill his father’s wishes.
- The tea served in Guruji’s satsangs is believed to have magical healing powers.
- Many people claim to smell roses in the temples, which is believed to be a blessing of Guruji and indicates his presence.
- Celebrities such as Rishi Kapoor and Jacqueline Fernandez have done Guruji’s satsangs at their homes. He has also been invited to the residence of political leaders like Amrik Singh.
- According to the sources, Guruji was famous among his schoolmates for his ability to fill empty inkpots by merely touching them with his finger.
- Occasionally, Guruji would ask devotees to share their divine experiences of his blessings in front of the congregation to instill faith in the supreme and remove any doubts from their minds.
- There is little written documentation on Guruji’s early life, and much of the information on it has been passed down orally by his followers. However, his teachings can be found in books such as Pyaare Guruji and the Light of Divinity, which are distributed by his followers.
- Guruji instructed his disciples to listen to Shabads, Sachi Banis, and Gurbani from the Guru Granth Sahib.
- The construction of the Bada Mandir is believed to be miraculous, with all problems such as snakes and rain immediately resolved with Guruji’s involvement. The Shivling on the top of the Mandir has its own miraculous architectural feat. The soil near the mandir complex is also considered magical, as flowers and trees grow twice their original size in that area.
- While Guruji did not name a successor according to the Sangat’s website, his nephew Gaurav has taken on the responsibilities of managing the Sangat, including handling the funds, the ashram, and the temple. In 2008, after the death of Nirmal Singh, a devotee filed a case in the Delhi High Court regarding the management of the ashram, claiming that with only one old trustee alive, the trust would be mismanaged, leading to disputes. National Herald India