Hometown: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Age: 36 Years
Height: 5' 7"
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Restaurateur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 56 kg
in Pounds- 123 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-27-35
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown
|Date of Birth||11 August 1985
|Age (as of 2022)||37 Years|
|Hometown||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|School||Sacred Heart School, Bahrain|
|College||University of Sydney, Sydney
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate in Mass Communication|
|Debut||Film: Aladin (2009)
TV: Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9 (2016, as a judge)
|Family||Father- Elroy Fernandez (Businessman)
Brothers- 2 (Elder)
Sister- 1 (Elder)
|Hobbies||Travelling, gymnastics, swimming, dancing|
|Controversies||• Sikh Kripan controversy: In 2016, the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) protested the use of kirpan that she wore in the song 'Sau Tarah Ke' from the film Dishoom.
• Sukesh money laundering case: After skipping three summons from the Enforcement Directorate (ED), the actress appeared before the agency on 20 October 2021 for questioning in connection with an over Rs 200 crore money laundering case filed against alleged conman Sukesh Chandrashekar. The Hindu On 5 December 2021, the actress was stopped by immigration officials at the Mumbai Airport after a LOC (Look Out Circular) was issued against her by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in connection to the Sukesh Chandrasekar case. Reportedly, the actress was heading to Dubai for a show but was stopped and taken in for some brief questioning. According to some media reports, the ED has evidence showing financial transactions between Sukesh Chandrasekar and Jacqueline Fernandez, and the actress has received a horse worth Rs. 52 lakhs and a Persian cat worth Rs. 9 lakhs as gifts by the alleged conman, and the overall cost of all the gifts given to her amounts to Rs. 10 crores. Filmfare In the chargesheet filed against Sukesh, the ED stated that the actress was not keen on talking to him, so he allegedly called her from a Union ministry, Amit Shah's Home ministry, posing as a high-ranking official. Reportedly, Sukesh tried to contact Fernandez through her make-up artist and when the actress declined, he allegedly made a “spoof call,” posing as a “very important person in the Government." According to the ED officials, Sukesh had claimed he was from “Jayalalithaa’s political party and owner of Sun TV…” The agency also stated that Sukesh was in touch with Fernandez till his arrest and had “provided various gifts to her and her family members, arranged chartered flights for her to fly within India and her hotel stay, made payments in cash to a script writer on (her) behalf… All these expenses/payments were made by Sukesh Chandrashekhar out of proceeds of crime acquired through criminal activities related to a scheduled offence.” The ED also claimed that during questioning, the actress conceded that she “received gifts viz three Gucci and Chanel designer bags, two Gucci outfits for gym wear, a pair of Louis Vuitton shoes, two pairs of diamond earrings and a bracelet of multi-coloured stones, and two Hermes bracelets. She also received a Mini Cooper, which she returned.” The Indian Express In April 2022, the ED confiscasted assets worth Rs. 7.27 crore from the actress; the agency quoted that conman Sukesh had gifted her things that value Rs. 5.71 crore. NDTV On 17 August 2022, she was named in a chargesheet by the Enforcement Directorate. NDTV In September 2022, the Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police again questioned her in connection with the Rs 200 crore money-laundering case linked to alleged conman Sukesh Chandrashekhar. The Economic Times In October 2022, the ED opposed her bail plea before a Delhi court and said that she tried to flee the country. The Indian Express On 15 November 2022, a Delhi court granted her bail in the Rs 200-crore money laundering case. The Times of India
• Defamation case
In December 2022, actress Nora Fatehi filed a defamation case against Jacqueline Fernandez, alleging that Jacqueline tried to 'destroy her career.' The Times of India
|Actors||Shahrukh Khan and Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Film||Hollywood: The Bridges Of Madison, Gone with the Wind|
|Restaurant||Pali Village Cafe in Mumbai
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Sheikh Hassan Bin Rashid Al Khalifa (Bahraini prince)
• Sajid Khan (director)
• Sukesh Chandrashekhar (conman) (2020-2022)
Note: Reportedly, at one point in time, she was allegedly planning to marry conman Sukesh Chandrasekhar. News 18
|Salary (approx.)||2-3 Crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$9 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jacqueline Fernandez
- Does Jacqueline Fernandez smoke? : No
- Does Jacqueline Fernandez drink alcohol? : Yes
- Jacqueline’s father is a Sri Lankan while her mother is of mixed Canadian & Malaysian ancestry.
- She was just 14 years old when she hosted her first TV show.
- She dated a Bahraini prince, and was in a serious relationship with him for few years, but they broke-up in 2012.
- Although she was born and brought up in Bahrain and continued her studies in Australia, she started her modelling career only after returning to her native place, Sri Lanka.
- After she came to India on a modelling assignment, she got offers in Bollywood and she got well settled in the Indian film industry.
- She received acting training from John School of Acting.
- It is said that reason behind her break-up with film director Sajid Khan after a steady relationship for over 3 years is that he was over-possessive.
- She runs an NGO in Sri Lanka for uplifting the downtrodden in the country.
- Apart from English and Hindi, she can also speak Spanish, French and Arabic.
- She is very particular about cleanliness.