|Full Name||Rishi Raj Kapoor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 90 kg
in pounds- 198 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 45 inches
- Waist: 38 inches
- Biceps: 13 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||4 September 1952|
|Age (as in 2018)||66 Years|
|Birthplace||Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||Mayo College, Ajmer (attended for less than a year)
Campion School, Mumbai
|College/University||Did Not Attend|
|Educational Qualification||8th Fail|
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Mera Naam Joker (1970, as a child actor)
Bobby (1973, as a lead)
Film (Director): Aa Ab Laut Chalen (1999)
|Address||Krishna Raj, 27, Pali Hill, Bandra (West), Mumbai
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||1970: Bengal Film Journalists' Association Awards: Special Award, and National Film Award for Mera Naam Joker
1974: Filmfare Award for Best Actor for Bobby
2008: Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award
2009: Honoured by Russian Government for contribution to cinema
2010: Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards: Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Love Aaj Kal
2011: Zee Cine Awards: Best Lifetime Jodi along with Neetu Singh, Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for Do Dooni Chaar
2013: The Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA), Best Actor in a Negative Role for Agneepath
2016: Screen Lifetime Achievement Award
2017: Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kapoor & Sons, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kapoor & Sons, Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Male for Kapoor & Sons, Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role for Kapoor & Sons
|Controversies||• In 2015, his tweet about the fact that he is a beef eating Hindu, created a controversy.
• After he had criticized Congress for naming public assets after Gandhi dynasty, the Congress supporters named a public toilet after Rishi Kapoor in response to his tweet.
• In 2016, Rishi had created problems at actress Asin and Rahul Sharma's marriage. It was said that Rishi was annoyed with the loud music and the lighting at a party at the marriage venue. When things got out of hand, Rahul was forced to intervene. After this incidence, the party lasted for only an hour and a half after Rishi left.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Dimple Kapadia (Actress)
Neetu Singh (Actress)
|Marriage Date||January 22, 1980|
|Wife/Spouse||Neetu Singh (Actress, m. 1980-present)
|Children||Son- Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
Daughter- Riddhima Kapoor Sahani (Designer)
|Parents||Father- Late Raj Kapoor (Actor, Filmmaker)
Mother- Krishna Kapoor (Housewife)
|Siblings||Brothers- Randhir Kapoor (Actor), Rajiv Kapoor (Actor)
Sisters- Ritu Nanda, Rima Jain
|Nephew/Niece||Nephews- Nikhil Nanda, Aadar Jain, Armaan Jain
Nieces- Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Natasha Nanda
|Favourite Food(s)||Yakhni Pulao, Khatti Dal, Fish Fry, Paya, Chinese cuisine|
|Favourite Beverage||Black Label whisky|
|Favourite Actor||Raj Kapoor|
|Cars Collection||Audi R8, Mercedes-Benz S-Class (W222), Nissan X-Trail
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹ 275 Crore ($40 million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rishi Kapoor
- Does Rishi Kapoor smoke?: No
- Does Rishi Kapoor drink alcohol?: Yes
- Rishi is the third generation of the highly prestigious and first family of Bollywood- Kapoor family.
- Rishi played the role of younger Raj Kapoor in the movie- Mera Naam Joker. His performance was critically acclaimed by the audience.
- His debut film Bobby’s scene where Rishi meets Dimple in her house was inspired by the real-life meeting of Raj Kapoor and Nargis.
- In the film Amar Akbar Anthony (1977), Rishi (character Akbar Illahabadi) called Neetu with her real name “Neetu” in the first scene. The scene was accidentally not corrected and it is still in the film.
- Neetu Singh was first very much irritated by Rishi; as he used to play a lot of pranks with her and also once, threw kajal on her face and she had to redo her entire make-up.
- After 5 years of courtship, Rishi and Neetu tied the knots with each other on 22 January 1980. It was also revealed later that both of them went unconscious during their wedding rituals; Neetu got because of her heavy dress and Rishi because of the gathering.
- After his movie, Karz, which was expected to be a big hit but when it turned out to be a big flop, he underwent depression for some time.
- It was rumored that Neetu filed a divorce against him because of domestic violence but took the case back for the sake of her children.
- Rishi also tried his hands in direction and made his directorial debut in 1999 with the film “Aa Ab Laut Chalen” starring Aishwarya Rai and Akshaye Khanna.
- Like other Bollywood actors, he is also very much famous in Nigeria, and people in Nigeria have given him a nickname “Mace,” which means woman.
- His last film as a romantic hero was Karobar (1998).
- 20 Bollywood actresses made their debuts opposite him.
- Both Rishi Kapoor and his son Ranbir Kapoor had done a ‘towel dropping’ act in their debut films. Rishi had it in his debut movie Bobby in 1973 while Ranbir had it in Saawariya in 2007.
- Initially, he was not interested in social media handles, but Anushka Sharma and Abhishek Bachchan convinced him to join Twitter.
- For his film Kapoor and Sons, he played the role of the 80-year-old person, and the look was created using prosthetic makeup and it used to take 12-13 hours to make him ready for the scenes.
- He was not the first choice for 102 Not Out; when Paresh Rawal rejected the role then it went to him. Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi reunited after 27 years in the film industry and 27 was the age gap shown between their ages in the film.
- He disclosed in his autobiography that to get the best actor award for his role in his debut Bobby, he had paid ₹30,000.