|Famous role(s)||• Ravi Sisodiya in the film Raat Akeli Hai
• Niraj Goyal in the TV series Half CA
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.7 m
in feet & inches- 5’8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Debut||Short Film: Padaav (2009)
TV Show: Crime Petrol (2011)
Film: The Legend of Michael Mishra (2016)
Web Series: Sacred Games (2018)
|Date of Birth||10 August|
|College/University||Film and Television Institue of India Pune|
|Hobbies||Writing, Travelling, Playing Football|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||16 February 2015|
|Children||Son- Sahir Tripathi
|Poet(s)||Gulzar, Ghalib, Nida Fazli|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gyanendra Tripathi
- Gyanendra Tripathi, an Indian actor, has gained widespread recognition for his performance in the television series ‘Crime Petrol’ on Sony TV.
- Gyanendra was a shy and introverted child who wasn’t particularly close to his father.
- In 2008, he enrolled at the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune to acquire the art of acting. Bhuvan Arora and Sayani Gupta were among his batchmates at FTII Pune.
- On 16 February 2015, Gyanendra Tripathi tied the knot with Swati, who is passionate about fitness and associated with CrossFit. Even during her pregnancy, she continued to lift heavy weights.
- Gyanendra Tripathi entered the acting industry in 2009 with his debut in the short film ‘Padaav’. He played the character of a tea seller in the film, which was released during his time as a student at the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune. YouTube – Guitar Studio
- In the year 2010, he played the role of Ramesh in the short film named ‘Blue Palace.’
- In addition to this, Gyanendra has appeared in several other short films, including ‘Wasteland’ (2014), ‘Taksaal’ (2018), and ‘Saroop’ (2022).
- In ‘Taksaal,’ Gyanendra appeared in the lead role of Sandeep. His role was critically acclaimed in this short film.
- Gyanendra Tripathi is well-known for his performances in the Sony TV series ‘Crime Petrol.’ Between 2011 and 2017, he appeared in numerous episodes, portraying a variety of characters such as a cop, a villain, and a poor farmer.
- He made his debut with the Hindi -language comedy film ‘The Legend of Michael Mishra’ (2016) in which he essayed the role of the cafe manager.
- In 2017, he appeared in the film ‘Poorna: Courage Has No Limit’ in which he played the role of a coach, Shekhar Babu, who trains Poorna, the protagonist of the film, in climbing the mountain.
- At the FOI Online Awards 2017, ‘Poorna’ won two awards: Best Child Actor for Aditi Inamdar and Best Director for Rahul Bose.
- Gyanendra has been featured in several films including ‘Romeo Akbar Walter’ (2019), ‘Chaman Bahaar’ (2020), and ‘Raat Akeli Hai’ (2020).
- In 2021, Gyanendra Tripathi starred in the movie ‘Barah by Barah,’ in which he played the character of Suraj, a cameraman who captures the final image of the deceased at Manikarnika Ghat in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- ‘Barah By Barah’ premiered at various film festivals, including the Kerala Film Festival 2021, Kazan Film Festival 2021, and Indian Film Festival Stuttgart 2021, and won several awards, including Best Feature Film at OIFFA (Ottawa Indian Film Festival) 2021 and Diorama Indian Film Festival 2021, as well as Best Director Award at Pune International Film Festival 2021 and Dallas Fort Worth South Asian Film Festival 2021.
- In 2018, Gyanendra made his debut with the web series ‘Sacred Games’ in which he appeared in an episode as Usman Sheikh.
- In the Amazon miniTV series ‘Half CA’ (2023), Gynanendra played the role of Niraj Goyal, a CA aspirant, who despite his earnest efforts, was unable to clear the CA exams in two attempts. The series sheds light on the anxiety, difficult decisions, sacrifices, advice, and disappointments that aspirants encounter on their journey. The Times of India|
- In addition to this, he appeared in the Netflix web series ‘Choona’ (July 2023) in which he essayed the role of a cop. Hindustan Times
- Gyanendra Tripathi is an avid football player who loves to play the game in his leisure time. Both he and his wife, Swati, share a passion for football and often enjoy playing the sport together.
- He is a budding writer who takes pleasure in expressing himself through the medium of poetry and verse.
- Gyanendra Tripathi’s political beliefs tend to lean towards the left and he is a staunch critic of the Narendra Modi-led BJP government. He often criticises various policies of the government on social media platforms and targets the people who support the BJP government by calling them blind followers.