|Profession(s)||Actor, Assistant Director|
|Famous role(s)||• Naveen Bansal in Hindi web series TVF Pitchers (2015)
• Abhilash Sharma in Hindi web series TVF Aspirants (2021)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||Film (Assistant Director): Jashnn (2009)
Film (Supporting Actor): Shanghai (2012) as Ranjan
Short Film (Lead Actor): Skin Deep (2013) as Sanjay
Web Series (Actor): Chai Sutta Chronicles (2013) as Siddharth
Film (Lead Actor): Sulemani Keeda (2014) as Dulal
|Awards||• 2018: Talentrack Award for Best Actor (Special Jury Mention) for the film Bose: Dead/Alive
• 2019: Talentrack Award for Best Jodi along with Maanvi Gagroo
• 2022: IWM Digital Awards for Most Popular Actor in a Web Series for Aspirants
|Date of Birth||26 January 1985 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Otukpo, Benue State, Nigeria YouTube - Digital Commentary|
|School||Birla Vidya Niketan, Pushp Vihar, New Delhi|
|College/University||Netaji Subhas University of Technology, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Manufacturing Process and Automation Engineering Facebook- Naveen Kasturia|
|Ethnicity||Punjabi YouTube - Ranveer Allahbadia|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Harshita Gaur (rumoured; actor) SpotboyE
|Parents||Father- Santosh Kasturia (maths teacher)
Mother- Veena Paul Kasturia (marathon runner)
|Siblings||Sister- Neha Kasturia
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naveen Kasturia
- Naveen Kasturia is an Indian actor, who has also worked as an assistant director in a few Hindi films.
- He was born in Nigeria, and a year after his birth, his family moved to Delhi from Nigeria.
- He loves watching films since childhood. During an interview, he shared that as a kid, he used to enjoy watching Hindi films and dancing to Bollywood songs. He said that while he was in class 2 or 3, he danced to the song “Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai” from the Hindi film ‘Khal Nayak’ (1993), at the India Gate, Delhi.
- While he was in college, he used to write theatre plays and also used to act in the plays. His play ‘Lo Kr Lo Ji Baat’ became very popular during his college days.
- In 2006, he joined a private company Inductis, Gurgaon, as a finance analyst. After working there for almost two years, he joined the financial services company, J.P. Morgan Chase, in Mumbai. During an interview, he shared that while doing his job, he wanted to move to Mumbai to work in Hindi films. However, it was his father’s instruction that he must have a stable job in Mumbai before shifting there. After reaching Mumbai, he worked at J.P. Morgan Chase for a few months and later, quit his job.
- In 2007, Naveen started a theatre group named ‘Right Click Entertainment’ along with a few of his college friends.
- While he was employed at J. P. Morgan in Mumbai, one of his friends gave him the contact numbers of a few production houses in Mumbai. He then started visiting various production houses and got a job as assistant-to-assistant director at Vishesh Films.
- Naveen worked as an assistant director in the Hindi films ‘Love Sex Aur Dhokha’ (2010), ‘Shanghai’ (2012), and ‘Tigers’ (2014).
- Later, he applied for the post of assistant director at Dharma Productions for the Hindi film ‘Agneepath’ (2012), but he got rejected.
- In 2012, he portrayed the Indian actor-VJ Rannvijay Singhaa in the YouTube spoof video series ‘Rowdies 9- Sab Q-tiyapa hai!’ His dialogue ‘I Am Stunned’ from the spoof videos became very popular.
- He then met the Indian film director Dibakar Banerjee, and Dibakar offered him a TV commercial for Coke. He was then featured in various TV commercials for brands like Vodafone, Mahindra, Tapzo app, Marathe Jewellers, and True Value.
- Naveen has appeared in many Hindi short films such as ‘Stunt Boy’ (2014), ‘Pure-Veg’ (2016), ‘Half Ticket’ (2016), ‘Maya’ (2018), and ‘Malgook Bidro’ (2019).
- He was invited to the talk show TEDx Talks as a guest speaker in 2015.
- He has also acted in Hindi films such as ‘Loveshhuda’ (2016), ‘Hope Aur Hum’ (2018), ‘Turtle’ (2018), ‘Sone Bhi Do Yaaro’ (2018), and ‘Waah Zindagi’ (2019).
- Some of his short films as an actor are ‘Stunt Boy’ (2014), ‘Pure-Veg’ (2016), ‘Half Ticket’ (2016), ‘Maya’ (2018), and ‘Malgook Bidro’ (2019).
- Naveen has also acted in various Hindi web series like ‘Bose: Dead/Alive’ (2017; ALTBalaji), ‘Happily Ever After’ (2019; Zoom Studios), and ‘Kota Factory Season 2’ (2021; Netflix).
- Some of his Hindi web series which streamed on the OTT app MX player are ‘Thinkistan’ (2019), ‘Aapkey Kamrey Mein Koi Rahta Hai’ (2021), ‘Pati Patni Aur Panga’ (2021), and ‘Runaway Lugai’ (2021).
- In 2020, some media sources said that he was dating his co-star Harshita Gaur. However, during an interview, Harshita shared that they were only good friends. She said,
That’s okay, as long as people have something to talk about you. But I find it really amusing. Honestly, such link-ups don’t bother me. Naveen and I were doing a series, where the couple is madly in love and doing everything to get married and while shooting, we became really good friends. So, I think the vibe was created like that. Even today he is very special to me and I have learned a lot from him. We are still in touch as very good friends.”
- He has also appeared in a few podcast shows like the podcast show of Indian YouTuber Ranveer Allahbadia (2021) and the Spotify podcast ‘Bhaskar Bose: A Perfect World’ (2022).
- In 2022, he acted in the Amazon Prime Video web series ‘Breathe: Into the Shadows 2,’ in which he played the role of Victor Behl. He received appreciation from the audience and critics for his performance in the web series.
- Naveen often consumes alcohol at parties and events.
- He is considered a look-alike of the popular Indian VJ-actor Rannvijay Singha.