|Profession(s)||Actor, Model, and Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-26-33|
|Debut||TV (Hindi; As an Actor): Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai (2007) as Sadhna Rajvansh
TV (Pakistani; As an Actor): Bay Khudi (2016) as Fiza
Film (Hindi; As an Actor): M3 – Midsummer Midnight Mumbai (2014) as Sapna
Telefilm (Pakistani; As an Actor): 'Tujh Se Hee Raabta’ (2015) as Anum
|Awards||• 2007: Indian Telly Award for Best Actress for the TV serial Sapna Babul Ka…. Bidaai
• 2007: Star Parivaar Award for Favourite Naya Sadasya (Female) for the TV serial Sapna Babul Ka…. Bidaai
• 2008: Star Parivaar Award for Sapna Babul Ka…. Bidaai
• 2008: Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress – Popular for the TV serial Sapna Babul Ka…. Bidaai
• 2009: Star Parivaar Award for Favourite Patni for the TV serial Sapna Babul Ka…. Bidaai
|Date of Birth||6 August 1989 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|Hometown||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|Religion||Islam The Times of India|
|Controversies||• Locking Lips with TV actress Pooja Bose
In 2012, she uploaded a display picture on her BlackBerry (phone) in which she was giving a lip kiss to the Indian TV actor Pooja Bose. Hindustan Times During an interview, while talking about the lip kiss, she said,
"I am a normal human being who loves having fun with friends. Pooja is my best friend and I don’t understand what’s wrong in kissing your friend on lips and it was just a kiss, not smooch.”
• Leaked Bathing Video
While Sara was holidaying with her sister in 2018, her bathtub nude video went viral. Her sister uploaded a video of Sara on her Instagram account for which she they both were badly trolled and people called it a publicity stunt. The Times of India During an interview, while talking about the leaked video, Sara said,
"I don’t know what happened. Everything just went wrong. It was a video out of fun made by my sister. She deleted it in no time but it went terribly wrong. She was drunk a little bit and then we were just having fun, and this thing happened. I just want to say that since the world has become so fast, sometimes these technologies are also harmful. So, we should be careful.”
• Legal Action by a Friend
In 2018, she released an interview of her friend Rajeev Khinchi on her YouTube chat show “Bitchy Bee.”
After watching the episode, Rajiv said that he thought it was a friendly conversation and was not for the web show. He further said that without his permission, Sara had uploaded the video. He then sent a legal notice to Sara. When the reporters asked Sara about the incident, she said that he already knew that the conversation was being shot for the interview. The Indian Express
• Going Bold for the Music Videos
She went nude for her music video “Black Heart” in 2018 for which she received a lot of criticism. The netizens even questioned her religion for going bold. The Times of India In an interview, when she was asked about the video, she said,
"Although bold, if you follow the lyrics you will get what I mean to say. It is high time the world stopped slut shaming girls about their dressing of love. The words I say cry for freedom for womenkind. Guys, just let live and let.”
"I really worked hard on the lyrics and writers made it a point to pen such stuff which was in my comfort zone. I riyaaz very seriously and if Black Heart does well, which I am sure it will, I will cut more songs as well.”
She did another bold music video “Tere Jism” with the Indian TV actor Angad Hasija in 2019. She was trolled by the netizens for her intimate scenes in the music video. During an interview, she was asked about doing bold scenes, she said,
"I have no problem with bold, what is wrong with it if I like the concept and yes can carry it off. But yes I am not doing this to grab attention I am just like this in real life as well.”
• Detention by the Pakistan Police
In 2017, while she was in Pakistan for her Pakistani TV drama ‘Laikin,’ she was arrested by the police there for extending the limit of her stay in Pakistan as mentioned on her visa. Reportedly, she was charged a fine for it along with six months detention. Koi Moi During an interview, while talking about the detention, she said,
"I was told to stay back for my NOC and I stayed in my five-star hotel not in police custody. I don’t know who the f**k is spreading such news. I was not doing anything illegal there. I stayed back to get the NOC. I was two days above my visa because of flight issues. Then, the immigration people told me that I need to take the NOC. Then, I stayed back there got the NOC and came back to Mumbai. I was not detained, I was retained there. The NOC is needed from the Ministry level and I stayed back. Throughout my trip, I have been active on social media, how can people spread such stupid rumours. What the f**k…I am shooting for my show there.”
• The Burkha Comment
After her “Black Heart” music video was released in 2018, she was questioned by various netizens that how she can do such scenes being a Muslim girl. India Today She replied,
"Just because in the Muslim community it is said that girls should do purdah, why don’t they say that men should cover their eyes? I am Muslim myself, and I have only one complain towards those people who keep ranting about burqa. Shame on them as to why are they seeing that thing. Why should we be in purdah.”
Some people from her religion did not like her comment. She then made a video in which she apologised for the comment. She said,
"There is a video that has gone viral where I am seen commenting on Islam and burqa. I didn’t mean it in that way. My way of saying it and the words used were wrong, and I am nobody and speak against any religion. I would like to apologise to all the Muslims, who were hurt because of me. Apologies to all the Muslims for what I said I don’t know what was I thinking. Extremely sorry.”
• Tiff with the Younger Sister Arya
After a fight with her younger sister Arya in 2018, her sister left Sara’s apartment. During an interview, while talking about it Sara got extremely emotional. Sara said that her sister was not liking her overprotective behaviour and decided to move out of the apartment. Later, Arya shared an Instagram post in which she talked about Sara. The Times of India She wrote,
"All I request you guys is to give us positivity 🙏😇 #love #peace.” I love my sister so much she is my Ego and my pride no one will be ever able to segregate and divide us And also no has rights to interfere our family and privacy between sisters!”
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Paras Chhabra (actor)
• Rishabh Tandon (2015; businessman)
• Noor Hassan (2017; Pakistani actor) (rumoured) DNA India
• Ankit Gera (2019; TV actor) (rumoured) Bollywood Shaadis
• Shantanu Raje (pilot) (2021-present)
|Marriage Date||Year, 2010|
|Husband/Spouse||Ali Merchant (divorced in 2011; actor)
|Parents||Father- Parvez Khan
Mother- Seema Khan (businesswoman)
|Siblings||Sister(s)- Alisha Khan, Aliya Khan, and Arya Khan
|Food||Biryani, Sea Food|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sara Khan
- Sara Khan is an Indian model, actor, and singer. She is well known for playing the character of Sadhna in the Hindi TV serial ‘Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai’ (2007).
- She was born and brought up in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- She started her career as a model in 2007 and participated in the beauty pageant Miss Madhya Pradesh in the same year. She finished as the winner in the contest.
- She has worked as a model in various TV commercials. She has also worked as an anchor for the Hindi TV channels like Doordarshan Madhya Pradesh and ETV.
- In an interview, while talking about getting a role in her debut TV serial ‘Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai’ (2007). She said,
I can never forget it. I had won the Miss Bhopal contest and had hoardings all over the city. So, that’s how I got noticed by my producer and got this project. It was a dream come true for me to bag a project like Bidaai and that too when I was not from Mumbai. It was such an overwhelming moment because the show was very popular and I was getting so much love and attention from everywhere.”
She further added,
I was a shy, school-going girl, when I did my first show Bidaai, which was like a fairytale for me. I was new to the industry then and didn’t know the nitty-gritties. With time, I have learnt a lot about this industry. Today I have a lot of experience, both good and bad. I have learnt to stand up for myself and don’t give a s**t about what people think. I live for my own self now. I now don’t get affected by who says what about me.”
- In 2008, she participated as a guest contestant in various Hindi TV shows like ‘Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?’ and ‘Jo Jeeta Wohi Super Star.’
- Sara, along with her ex-husband Ali Merchant, hosted the TV dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye 4’ in 2008.
- In the same year, she participated in ‘Zara Nachke Dikha,’ a celebrity TV dance reality show.
- She participated as a contestant in various TV shows in 2009 such as ‘Dance Premier League,’ ‘Hans Baliye,’ and ’10 Ka Dum.’
- In 2009, she participated as one of the contestants in the TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss 4.’ Her marriage to the Indian TV actor Ali Merchant (while they were in the Bigg Boss house) became the talk of the town. There were rumours that they were paid Rs. 5 million by the Colors channel for their marriage stint on the show. India TV News However, within two months of their marriage, the duo got divorced. In an interview, while talking about their divorce, Sara said,
Paras and I are dating for the last seven months and we love each other’s company. His mom and I are very good friends and everyone is happy with our relationship. I m just 21 and we are in no hurry to get married as our hearts are already married.”
When Ali was asked about the divorce (while he was invited as a guest on the Star Plus TV show “Sach Ka Saamna” in 2011). He said,
I got married on TV for publicity. Anyone in my place would have done that. Getting into Bigg Boss and then marrying Sara were the biggest mistakes of my career. Actually, being in relationship with her is my biggest regret.”
- She then dated the Indian TV actor Paras Chhabra, but their relationship did not last long. In an interview, while talking about her breakup with Paras, Sara said,
I wish he tried to work hard instead of getting mileage by using my name. I feel sorry that the media still addresses him as my EX or will do it in future as well. I will feel happy if he takes it as a challenge and makes his own identity so that the media starts calling him by his name.”
- In 2015, there were rumours that she secretly got married to the Indian businessman Rishabh Tandon. India Today During an interview, while denying the rumours, she said,
I had clearly mentioned below the picture ‘going to marry soon’. That day, I came back from a photo shoot; changed into my normal costume and unfortunately forgot to remove the sindoor which I had applied for the photo shoot. I and Rishabh just clicked a picture and posted without realizing that sindoor is still there on my head. I was in Dubai when I started getting calls about the marriage news. It was really shocking.”
- Sara then participated as a contestant in various Hindi TV serials including ‘Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawaazi Ki’ (2013), ‘Comedy Nights Bachao’ (2015), and ‘Box Cricket League 2’ (2016).
- She was invited as a celebrity guest on the Pakistani TV chat show “Good Morning Pakistan” aired on ARY Digital on 17 November 2016.
- Apart from Hindi TV serials, she has also worked in a few Pakistani dramas like ‘Laikin’ (2017).
- Some of her Hindi TV serials are ‘Preet Se Bandhi Ye Dori Ram Milaayi Jodi’ (2010), ‘Junoon – Aisi Nafrat Toh Kaisa Ishq’ (2013), ‘Sasural Simar Ka 2’ (2014), and ‘Santoshi Maa – Sunayein Vrat Kathayein’ (2020).
- Sara made special appearance in a few Hindi TV serials including ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’ (2008), ‘Saath Nibhaana Saathiya’ (2010), ‘Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke’ (2013), ‘Kaala Teeka’ (2016), and ‘Vidya’ (2019).
- She did a cameo role in the Hindi film ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’ (2015) starring Emraan Hashmi and Vidya Balan.
- Sara has also appeared in Hindi music videos like “Tere Jism” (2018) by Altaaf Sayyed, “Mast Nazro Se” (2019) by Lakhwinder Wadali, and “Tattoo Boy” (2019) by Radnyi Tyagraj. In 2018, she did a bold music video with the Indian actor Angad Hasija. In an interview, Angad shared that Sara had personally asked the makers of the music video to cast Angad opposite Sara. He further added,
Sara said that she was not ready to do bold scenes with anyone. She would only do it with me as she was comfortable. It was a bold video. Atul, the director told Sara about the brief. When we did it, the unit people became our fans. Our jodi is famous and that’s how we do it.”
- She has sung a few Hindi and Punjabi songs. Some of her songs as a singer are “Black Heart” (2018), “Kenda Ye Jamana” (2019), and “Mahiya Mila De” (2021).
- Sara is an avid dog lover. She owns a few pet dogs and two of his dogs are Hatchiko Khan and Chikoo.
- She loves to collect different types of footwear.
- To enhance her looks, she has done a few surgeries along with a lip filler treatment for which she received many negative comments from the netizens. Koi Moi
- During an interview, while talking about doing lip filler treatment, she said,
I did not want to stay as Bidaai’s Sadhna my entire life. I wanted to be fit and be Sara Khan. So, I didn’t think much about my transformation. I just started working out and concentrated on my fitness. I did not change my face, I am the same. Yes, of course I did the lip filler which was a disaster and it did not look good at all. It was very bad it didn’t suit me at all.”
Mujhe apni khud ke lips pasand nahi aate the tab (I did not like my own lips back then) and I was waiting for it to dissolve. I didn’t like my look at that time.”
- Sara has been featured on the cover of various magazines like Glamorous You, She India, and Entitle Magazine.
- In 2020, she received backlash from the netizens for the involvement of her name in a drug case. However, she did not receive any summon from the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB). During an interview, while talking about it, she said,
Without even checking the veracity of these allegations, people started trolling me. They called me names and a drug addict. This incident shook me to an extent that I almost wanted to kill myself! I have slogged to reach where I am today. Angad informed me about our names doing the rounds in the media. I was shocked and failed to understand why my name was being dragged into it.”
- In 2020, she uploaded an open letter to the Indian media houses on her Instagram account. In the letter, she wrote,
- In 2022, she participated in the digital reality show ‘Lock Upp.’