Husband: Sukhbir Singh Badal
Net Worth: Rs. 217 Crore
Age: 54 Years
|Political Party||Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD)
|Political Journey||• Harsimrat began her political Journey in 2009 when she was elected to the 15th Lok Sabha from the Bhatinda constituency after defeating Indian National Congress candidate Raninder Singh by 120960 votes.
• Harsimrat has been re-elected as an MP from Bathinda in 2014 having defeated Manpreet Singh Badal, Indian National Congress-People's Party of Punjab joint candidate.
• In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, she won the Bathinda seat by a margin of 21,772 votes.
• On 30 May 2019, she took the oath as the Cabinet Minister for Food Processing Industries.
• On 17 September 2020, she resigned as the Cabinet Minister for Food Processing Industrie from Prime Minister Narendra Modi's cabinet. NDTV
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||25 July 1966|
|Age (as in 2020)||54 Years|
|School||Loreto Convent Cchool, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Matriculation from Loreto Convent School, New Delhi in 1980
• Diploma in Textile Designing From South Delhi Polytechnic, New Delhi in 1987
|Family||Father- Satyajit Singh Majithia
Mother- Sukhmanjus Majithia
Brother- Bikram Singh Majithia
Sister- Not Known
|Address||Village Badal, Tehsil Malout Dist. Sri Mukatsar Sahib, Punjab|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Sukhbir Singh Badal
|Children||Son- Anantbir Singh
Daughters- Gurleen Kaur, Harkirat Kaur
|Car/Vehicle||Nil (as per her affidavit filed in the 2019 Lok Sabha Eelections)|
|Assets/Properties||Bank Deposits: Rs. 41.59 Lakh
Bonds & Shares: Rs. 60.47 Crore
Jewellery: Worth Rs. 7 Crore
Paintings: Worth Rs. 3.4 Lakh
Weapons: Worth Rs. 1.25 Lakh
Agricultural Land: Worth Rs. 50 Crore
Non-Agricultural Land: Worth Rs. 18.20 Crore
Commercial Buildings: Worth Rs. 9.65 Crore
Residential Buildings: Worth Rs. 39.86 Crore
|Salary (as a Member of Parliament)||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. Rs. 217 Crore (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- Currently, Harsimrat Kaur Badal is the Union Cabinet Minister of Food Processing in the Government of India.
- Harsimrat got married to Sukhbir Singh Badal on 21 November 1991. Sukhbir Singh Badal is the deputy chief minister of Punjab and the president of Shiromani Akali Dal.
- Harsimrat’s brother Bikram Singh Majithia is an Akali MLA from Majitha.
- Her Father in Law Parkash Singh Badal has been one of the longest-serving Chief Ministers in India.
- She made her first speech on 3 December 2009 where she manifested her concern about the victims and survivors of the 1984 Sikh riots.
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal launched the highly successful campaign against female foeticide in 2008 called- “Nanhi Chaan” (‘innocent life’ in Punjabi).