Age: 99 Years
Husband: Damodardas Mulchand Modi
Hometown: Vadnagar, Gujarat
|Famous For||Being the mother of Narendra Modi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 145 cm
in meters- 1.45 m
in feet inches- 4’ 10”
|Date of Birth||1920|
|Age (as in 2020)||100 Years|
|Hometown||Vadnagar, Mehsana, Gujarat|
|Caste||OBC (Modh Ghanchi)|
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Damodardas Mulchand Modi (Tea Seller)
• Soma Modi (a retired officer from Health Department in Gujarat)
• Amrut Modi (Lathe Machine Operator, Retired)
• Prahlad Modi (Shop Owner)
• Pankaj Modi (Clerk, Information Department of the Gujarat Government)
• Narendra Modi (14th Prime Minister of India)
• Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Heeraben Modi
- Heeraben Modi is the mother of Narendra Modi, one of the world’s most powerful leaders.
- She got married to a tea stall owner, Damodardas Mulchand Modi in Vadnagar, Mehsana, Gujarat at a very young age.
- Heeraben and her husband Mulchand Modi had six children together; five sons, and a daughter.
- Her third eldest son, Narendra Modi, became the Prime Minister of India in 2014. Earlier, he had served the Chief Minister of Gujarat for four consecutive terms. When he became the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the first time, she had advised him not to take the bribe. She said,
Beta, kadi lanch na leis.“
- In an Interview, Narendra Modi stated that she was the pillar of her life and had played a crucial role in his success.
- Before the results of the 2014 General Elections, Modi visited Heeraben for her blessings.
- She used to live in the family’s ancestral home in Vadnagar, Mehsana, Gujarat but after her husband’s demise, she shifted to the residence of Narendra Modi’s youngest brother, Pankaj.
- In 2015, when Narendra Modi was on a visit to the United States, he talked about his mother and got emotional during a sit-down with Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg at a town hall session.
- In May 2016, she visited Narendra Modi for the first time at his official Race Course Road residence in New Delhi. Modi shared pictures of him showing around his residence to her on Twitter.
My mother returns to Gujarat. Spent quality time with her after a long time & that too on her 1st visit to RCR. pic.twitter.com/2n5ZT2C4PC
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 15, 2016
- In November 2016, after demonetization, she was seen standing in an ATM queue, supporting her son’s brave decision on banning old currency notes.
- Before casting his vote during the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, Narendra Modi again paid a visit to his mother to seek her blessings.
- Even at such a fragile age of 99, she cast her vote in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.
- After the massive win of the Narendra Modi-led BJP, Heeraben greeted media outside her home in Gandhinagar.
- Here’s an interesting video about Heeraben Modi’s biography: