Hometown: Vadnagar, Gujarat
Age: 99 Years
Husband: Damodardas Mulchand Modi
|Famous For||Being the mother of Narendra Modi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 145 cm
in meters- 1.45 m
in feet inches- 4’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 45 kg
in pounds- 100 lbs
|Date of Birth||1920|
|Age (as in 2019)||99 Years|
|Hometown||Vadnagar, Mehsana, Gujarat|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Caste||OBC (Modh Ghanchi)|
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Damodardas Mulchand Modi (Tea Seller)
• Soma Modi (Retired Officer of Health Department)
• Amrut Modi (Lathe Machine Operator, Retired)
• Prahlad Modi (Shop Owner)
• Pankaj Modi (Clerk, Information Department of Gujarat Government)
• Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India)
• Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Heeraben Modi
- Heeraben Modi is the mother of Narendra Modi, one of the world’s most powerful leaders.
- She got married to a tea stall owner, Damodardas Mulchand Modi in Vadnagar, Mehsana, Gujarat at a very young age.
- She and her husband Mulchand Modi had 6 six children; five sons and a daughter.
- They made sure that their children get appropriate education and worked hard for it.
- Her third eldest son, Narendra Modi, became the Prime Minister of India in 2014. Before that, he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat for 4 consecutive terms. When he became the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the first time, she had advised him not to take a bribe. She said, “Beta, kadi lanch na leis.”
- In an Interview, Narendra Modi stated that she was the pillar of her life and had played a crucial role in his success.
- Before the results of the 2014 General Elections, Modi visited Heeraben to garner her blessings.
- She used to live in the family’s ancestral home in Vadnagar, Mehsana, Gujarat but after her husband’s demise, she shifted to the residence of Narendra Modi’s youngest brother, Pankaj.
- In May 2016, she visited Narendra Modi for the first time at his official Race Course Road residence. Modi shared pictures of him showing around his residence to her on twitter.
My mother returns to Gujarat. Spent quality time with her after a long time & that too on her 1st visit to RCR. pic.twitter.com/2n5ZT2C4PC
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 15, 2016
- In November 2016, after demonetization, she was seen standing in an ATM queue, supporting her son’s brave decision on banning old currency notes.
- Before casting his vote during the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, Narendra Modi again paid a visit to his mother to seek her blessings.
- Even at such a fragile age of 99, she had cast her vote in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.
- After the massive win of Narendra Modi-led BJP, Heeraben greeted media outside her home in Gandhinagar.
- Here’s an interesting video about Heeraben Modi’s biography: