|Real Name||Shehla Rashid Shora|
|Profession||M.Phil student, Politician|
|Party||Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Liberation|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 55 kg
in Pounds- 121 lbs
|Date of Birth||Year 1988|
|Age (as in 2017)||29 Years|
|Birth Place||Habba Kadal, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir|
|Hometown||Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir|
|College/University||National Institute of Technology, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, India
|Educational Qualification||M.A. in Sociology from JNU
Pursuing M. Phil in Law and Governance at the JNU
|Family||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known (a nurse in Srinagar’s SK Institute of Medical Sciences, SKIMS)
Brother- Not Known
|Hobbies||Writing Blogs, Reading, Travelling|
|Controversies||• An F.I.R. was lodged against her by Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) for allegedly disrespecting and passing objectionable remarks about Prophet Muhammad. However, the F.I.R. was withdrawn after she had deleted her Facebook post disrespecting Prophet Muhammad.
• On 22 May 2017, she had a twitter-war with the Bollywood singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya. Abhijeet Bhattacharya posted a series of tweets against JNU student and activist, Shehla Rashid, terming her a sex worker. After Shehla's report, Abhijeet's account was deleted. Meanwhile, another Bollywood singer, Sonu Nigam, also roped in and took the side of Abhijeet by deleting his own Twitter account in protest.
• On 11 June 2018, BJP's youth wing files complaint with police against Shehla Rashid for remarks against Nitin Gadkari. On June 9, Rashid had tweeted, "Looks like RSS/Gadkari is planning to assassinate Modi, then blame it on Muslims/Communists and then lynch Muslims # RajivGandhiStyle". Gadkari took offence to Rashid's tweet and said, "I would be taking legal action on anti-social elements who have made bizarre comments; attributing personal motives to me, regarding the assassination threat to PM @narendramodi."
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Akbar (former President JNUSU)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shehla Rashid Shora
- Does Shehla Rashid Shora smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shehla Rashid Shora drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born and raised in Srinagar’s Habba Kadal locality.
- Her mother is a nurse in Srinagar’s SK Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS).
- She studied Computer Engineering at the National Institute of Technology, Srinagar.
- After completing her graduation from NIT Srinagar, Shora worked with HCL Technologies as a software engineer. However, she got disillusioned and quit her job. After that, she started raising issues of justice and acid attacks on women in Kashmir.
- To broaden her activism, she joined the JNU and enrolled herself as a student of M.A. Sociology. JNU provided her the required platform for her activism.
- In 2013, she took the side of an all-girls’ band, Pragaash, composed of young Muslim women when the band faced death threats and online harassment from Islamic conservatives in Kashmir.
- In 2014, Shora unsuccessfully contested the election for the “Gender Sensitisation Committee against Sexual Harassment.”
- In September 2015, she contested the JNU Student Union Elections for the post of Vice President, as the nominee of the Left-backed All India Students Association (AISA), and won it. She became the first Kashmiri girl to win a student union election at the JNU.
- In February 2016, when Kanhaiya Kumar (the then President of JNUSU) was arrested on sedition charges, along with other students, it was Shora who ran the Union during the interim period.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)