Some Lesser Known Facts About Ilavarasu
- Illavarasu is an Indian actor and cinematographer. He is popular for appearing in Tamil films. He appeared as a supporting actor in more than 150 Tamil films.
- He appeared in the Tamil films that include Autograph (2004), Kalavaani (2010), Vedham Pudhithu (1987), Thavasi (2001), Bheeshmar (2003), Thambi (2006), Bhavani (2011), Lingaa (2014), Jai Bhim (2021).
- He started his career in the Tamil industry with cinematography. He did 13 films before starting his career as an actor.
- When Illavarasu was working as a cameraman, he worked on the Tamil films that include Panchalankurichi (1996), Ezhayin Siripil (2000), Periya Thambi (1997), Iniyavale (1998) and Veeranadai (2000). In an interview, he talked about his experience as a cinematographer and said,
Being a cinematographer and an actor are two different areas requiring different mental preparation. As a cameraman you are preoccupied with location, lighting and the angles. A lot of introspection is also needed. So I become silent whereas, as an actor I have to speak a lot.”
- As an actor, his first film was the Tamil film Oru Kaithiyin Diary. In an interview, he talked about his role in the film and said,
The role was not worth mentioning as I was part of the crowd. But still when I stood in front of the camera for the first time, it was a different experience.”