|Real Name||Nongthombam Biren Singh|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 2002, joined Democratic Revolutionary People’s Party.
• In 2002, elected to the Manipur Legislative Assembly from Heingang constituency.
• In 2003, joined Indian National Congress.
• In 2004, appointed as Minister of State for Vigilance & later became Minister of Irrigation and Flood Control and Youth Affairs and Sports.
• He retained his Assembly seat in both 2007 and 2012 Manipur Assembly Elections.
• In 2012, Okram Ibobi Singh (the then Chief Minister of Manipur) expelled him from the Cabinet.
• On 17 October 2016, he left Congress & joined BJP.
• On 13 March 2017, he was elected as leader of the BJP Legislature Party in Manipur.
• On 15 March 2017, he was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Manipur
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (semi-bald)|
|Date of Birth||Year 1963|
|Age (as in 2016)||63 Years|
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Not Known|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||When he joined Democratic Revolutionary People’s Party in 2002|
|Family||Father- N. Khunjao Singh
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||Phayeng Kharanz Paragon Beikai, Imphal West, Manipur|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son- N. Ajay Singh
Daughter- Not Known
|Salary||18,500 INR (per month)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||45 Lacs (as in 2012)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About N. Biren Singh
- Does N. Biren Singh smoke:? Not Known
- Does N. Biren Singh drink alcohol:? Not Known
- He was born and raised in Manipur, India.
- He began his political career with a regional Party- Democratic Revolutionary Peoples Party in 2002.
- He is an ardent football lover and a national level footballer.
- He also worked as a journalist before joining politics.
- Besides being a politician, he is also a social worker and often raises issues for the welfare of the indigenous people of Manipur.
- Before the 2004 Assembly Elections, he joined Indian National Congress.
- In 2012, Okram Ibobi (the then Chief Minister of Manipur) expelled him from the Cabinet.
- In October 2016, he joined BJP and after the 2017 Assembly Elections, he became the leader of the BJP Legislature Party in Manipur.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)