Naishaa Kaur Bhatoye Age, Family, Biography & More
|Profession||Badminton Player and Child Actor|
|Famous For||Playing the role of young Saina in the Hindi film ‘Saina’ (2021)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Debut||Film: Saina (2021) as young Saina
|Competitions Won||• All India Balkan JI Bari 2017
• Mumbai Schools Sports Association 2018
• Central Railway Institute Badminton Tournament 2018
• Saraf Matru Trophy 2019
• Junior Badminton Championship 2019
• U-15 Girls Title 2022
|Coach(es)||• Jitesh Padukone
• Pullela Gopichand
|Date of Birth||24 April 2009 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||13 Years|
|School||St. Gregorios High School, Chembur, Mumbai|
|Parents||Father- Jagir Singh
Mother- Sapna Bhatoye
|Siblings||Sister- Jaspreet Bhatoye (elder)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naishaa Kaur Bhatoye
- Naishaa Kaur Bhatoye is an Indian child actor and professional badminton player.
- She started her training in badminton at the age of 7. She started by participating in her school’s badminton competitions, and later, she started representing her school in the inter-school badminton competitions. She has won various badminton competitions in inter-school competitions.
- Initially, she did her training in badminton under her coach Jitesh Padukone, and after winning various badminton competitions, she was selected to continue her training at Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy in Hyderabad. During an interview, while talking about her selection, she said,
I was 99 per cent sure before the program that I will get selected. I feel very proud to be selected and very happy to train under Gopichand in his academy.”
- During an interview, she shared how she started playing badminton. She said,
Growing up, my sister and I were exposed to extra-curricular activities and Bharatanatyam was one of them. While Jaspreet continued to pursue Bharatanatyam, I was out in 6 months, saying I wanted to play Badminton instead. Simple games with friends and families and defeating them triggered my love for the game. Being ambidextrous, I could play badminton with both hands. However, later I opting to play with my right hand but continue all other activities with my left. As I trained for about 18 months my game improved drastically and I was defeating many of my seniors.”
The opportunity to move to Hyderabad for training was a dream come true. With my parents living in Mumbai, the entire family had to make a lot of sacrifices. My dad moved with me to Hyderabad. My mom stays with my sister in Mumbai but visits every weekend for moral supports and preparing weekly diet meals. I’m sure it will all be worth it in in end. I started playing under Jitesh sir in 2015 when I was seven and began attending Gopi sir’s academy two years ago. I’m thankful to my school for permitting me to attend classes online long before the COVID-19 pandemic began. I come to Mumbai only for my exams.”
- Apart from badminton, she participates in various competitions in school like drawing, running, handwriting, cycling, and elocution.
- She was featured in one of the episodes of the TV game show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ in 2017.
- During an interview, while talking about Naishaa, her mother said,
We already had her videos on her Facebook page, so I sent it when we read about talent hunt through newspapers. But after we heard there are thousands of entries, I felt it won’t be easy for her to get selected. But I am happy she did.”
She further said,
She learnt a lot there (Gopichand academy) in those weeks. When she came back she defeated the No 1 seed in the U-12 category of MSSA Inter-School Games. She is in the top 10 national rankings in both singles and doubles categories. Yesterday, she won U-11 title in Mumbai Games. She is also an athlete and won 400m in U-12 category of MSSA inter-school games, two days ago.”
- In 2021, she was spotted by the Indian actress Shraddha Kapoor (who was earlier playing the role of Saina) at the North Indian Association where Naishaa was playing badminton. Shraddha asked the makers of the Hindi film ‘Saina’ to cast Naishaa for the role of young Saina in the film.
- Naishaa won the U-15 girls singles title in 2022 at the Ashwani Gupta Memorial All India Sub Junior Ranking Badminton Tournament.